“like staying with family”
Review of Casa Ocotillo

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Casa Ocotillo
Los Angeles, California
“like staying with family”
Reviewed October 28, 2009

The accommodations are superb! Beautifully furnished and accessorized. A very peaceful and relaxed experience. Ashley, the Airedale, is an equally charming host to his staff, Vic and Brian, who made that extra effort to make our anniversary special. A full month hasn't passed and we're making plans to return with our 2 four-legged kids. For pet owners / lovers, this is THE place to stay!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 25, 2009

This was my second stay at Casa Ocotillo. The place and the owners - Vic & Brian - made it another great weekend escape from LA. The rooms are spotless and nicely decorated, the pool is refreshing, and the beautiful gardens are a labor of love. And Vic and Brian were very gracious and accommodating hosts. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank rocktheboat42
Los Angeles
Reviewed October 21, 2009

Having traveled to Palm Springs on many past occasions, I was looking for a place that
had a more relaxing atmosphere than the larger resorts I had previously visited. Large resorts can be fun, but having to deal with the crowds that come with high end resorts can sometimes be overwhelming. Casa Ocotillo certainly delivers on so many levels. From the time I arrived till the moment I left, my hosts, Brian and Vic, made me feel completely at home. The tranquil lush grounds were beautifully landscaped and added so much to the ambience of this amazing place. The salt water pool, where I spent most of my time, was incredibly refreshing and peaceful. I had the good fortune to have stayed in the "courtyard room", which I think was their nicest room. It would be difficult to describe the peaceful energy of this room in just a few words. I'll just say that I cannot recall such a good nights sleep at any place I have stayed before. The rooms decor has a southwestern feel and mirrors the architecture of the property. The bathroom was equally impressive and it had an amazing step down shower. Being a small and intimate place, I have to say that the other guests I met there were just, "great people". I hope to encounter them again as I will be returning without a doubt. My only regret was having to return home. Casa Ocotillo is an amazing desert sanctuary where one can let it all go and just be in the moment. I hope to return soon.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Santa Barbara California
Reviewed October 14, 2009

Brian & Vic are fabulous hosts at Casa Ocotillo! They make you feel so welcomed and are so eager to please your needs, while respecting your privacy. We travel with our dog and it's important to us that he's as comfortable as we are. I think our dog fell in love with the house dog Ashton..they had a blast! We rested, swam, drank, sunned ourselves and came home with happy hearts and wagging tails thanks to the hard work of Brian and Vic.

California
Reviewed October 13, 2009

My partner and I just returned from another fantastic stay with Vic and Brian and I am sun kissed and glowing all over. Casa Ocotillo is one of those special places where the outside world simply melts away. Close your eyes and listen to the soft sounds of buzzing hummingbirds and you will know you have found paradise. Sip tranquility at its finest by floating in the pool and dream the day away. All the rooms are custom cozy and every amenity has been anticipated and lovingly provided. As Vic and Brian have been doing this for some time they expertly know how to treat the discriminating traveler without pretentiousness. The location is ideal and close to downtown - we will never stay anywhere else.

The only challenge? Now that the secret is out we may have to book early.

Word to the wise: Stay here and bring your canine child.. You will love it!

San Francisco
Reviewed October 6, 2009

The room we stayed in was nice, but the bathroom was connected by a door to the common area kitchen, which made it a bit uncomfortable at "certain times". It is very private and quiet, which is nice if one wants to get away from the "active" gay resorts. The pool is large, but not heated very well. I have stayed at other resorts, where the breakfast and lunch offerings (no lunch provided here) were considerably better. The best part of this resort is the owners, who make you feel welcome and at home.

1 Thank gpmansf
Pasadena, California
Reviewed October 2, 2009

I'd rate this as the perfect spot for couples or travelers who do not want to be bothered with the "energy" of other Palm Springs or Warm Sands resorts. The owners are extremely attentive and each room is unique. (I recommend the Hacienda Suite).

The property is well maintained and the pool gets a full day of sun. The common kitchen is well stocked for breakfast and includes soda, juice, water and fresh fruit, throughout the day.

We would certainly recommend this place. Also, it's Pet Friendly!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple