“A wonderful find in Palm Springs”
Review of Casa Ocotillo

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Casa Ocotillo
Reviewed December 14, 2013

The accommodation is 5 star both in terms of comfort and style. Both Brian and Vic the proprietors were welcoming and responsive to all our needs. The big plus for us is the dog friendly atmosphere. We will certainly stay again when in Palm Springs. I can highly recommend Casa Ocotillo

Room Tip: Sorry I mistakenly clicked the above on Fitness center. There is not one.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Just recently my partner and I were in Palms Springs for our wedding. Having said that, after reviewing several other vacation rentals we decided on Casa Ocotillo mostly because of their pet friendliness. In addition, we choose the Hacienda Grand Suite. Unquestionably, Casa Ocotillo is the place to stay if you desire high standard luxury accommodations and friendly host like owners Brian & Vic. Moreover, they made us feel welcome from day one, even making restaurant reservations for us plus taking photos of our wedding at their lovely pool & manicured garden area. Needless to say, we are looking forward to our next stay at this charming Hacienda in the near future.

Room Tip: The Hacienda Grand Suite will meet anyone's needs.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 5, 2013

My partner and I decided to stay here after reviewing 'pet friendly' hotels in Palm Springs since we would be travelling with our 5 pound Pomeranian 'fur baby'. This place does not dissapoint. The hosts Brian and Vic are very friendly. We stayed over the Thanksgiving holiday and they were kind enough to invite us into their home for Thanksgiving dinner. They are excellent cooks! We went to Palm Springs to get married and had the ceremony poolside at their Casa Ocotillo. Our suite, located at the very back of the property, was very private. We had a large yard and private patio to ourselves and the room was very attractive and comfortable. This is not your typical run-of-the-mill property.....they have furnished all of the suites with original art and quality furnishings and bed linens. A big plus is the guest kitchen with snacks and beverages available 24 hours a day. The location is super convenient to Palm Canyon Drive and all kinds of restaurants and shopping. We'll definately be staying there next time we're in Palm Springs.

Room Tip: All of the rooms look nice, but the one in the very back that we had seems to be the most private.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My husband and I wanted to and needed to take a break for a few days. We even left our two doggies with "Grandma". This was our first time at Casa Ocotillo and it was exactly what we had hoped for. We chose the Hacienda Garden Suite and it was absolutely cozy, charming, and private. The entire setting was beautiful. Our hosts Brian and Vic are super cool guys and we immediately felt at home with them. They have created a fantastic environment. The continental breakfasts were just right - lots of healthy options, the coffee was excellent, the perfect way to start the day or have a snack later. We like to walk as much as possible and the location enabled us to take nice strolls to the downtown area. We stayed for five wonderful relaxing days and did not want to leave. We are already planning our return!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at Casa Ocotillo for a quick weekend in Palm Springs recently. My hosts Vic and Brian did an outstanding job of making me feel welcome and seeing to all of my needs. After playing tourist all day and into the evening, I always prefer to have a quiet, no-drama oasis to return to at the end of the day. Casa Ocotillo did not disappoint. The property was beautiful, the (Log Jammer) bungalow inviting and nicely furnished, the bed wonderfully comfortable. The continental self-serve breakfast was exactly what I wanted in the mornings and all items available were excellent. My only regret was that i didn't have more time to actually just hang-out there! I would stay there again in heartbeat.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I recently met some friends for a relaxing weekend in Palm Springs. We had a wonderful stay at Casa Ocotillo. Brian and Vic were fantastic hosts. The guest kitchen was a great amenity that I wasn't expecting. We also enjoyed our time at the pool and in the hot tub. I'm sure we will be back soon. Thanks again for a very memorable time.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Yes, we did :) My partner and I picked Casa Ocotillo because of the good online reviews and because they're a pet friendly resort. We booked a room for a 5-day stay and expected a nice, quiet, classy place to enjoy a few days in Palm Springs. What we found far surpassed all our expectations. The resort is beautiful, both the rooms and the common areas, and the architecture and history unique (it takes you back in time). There's nothing "cheap" or low-quality here, from the towels, bedding, room decorations and decor (interior design, really), the outdoors furniture... quality and attention to detail is everywhere. The garden is beautiful and well maintained, the pool and jacuzzi crystal clear.

Casa Ocotillo is located in a serene neighborhood and is well built to provide privacy to guests, and there is on-site gated parking. The drive to the "heart" of Palm Springs is very easy and short (5 minutes?). (I'd say it's a straight drive to downtown, but I wouldn't want to offend anyone ;) ).

I can't say enough to thank Brian and Vic for making our stay here fantastic and memorable. They keep the place in immaculate condition, took care of us, were social and kept us great company yet also knew to let us be when we wanted private time. Every morning they stock the fridge with fresh fruit, muffins, beverages, and other breakfast items, and every morning I looked forward to running to the fridge to enjoy some breakfast. Laundry facilities are provided (which you may need if you end up staying as long as we did!)

If you have pets you know it can be a hassle to travel with them, but Casa Ocotillo is very accommodating. The back door of our room opened to a private, fenced yard/dog run where our "kids" could stay when we went out. Also, there are areas on the grounds that are separated with small gates, where pets can be separated from others while still enjoying a yard.

If you don't have pets, Brian and Vic are very understanding and work with guests to accommodate everyone. Yes, pets are welcome, but they don't run the place :)

To summarize, we went to Casa Ocotillo for a 5 day stay, but soon realized that wasn't enough. We extended to a week, then another week, then another, and in the end stayed for a whole month. (Brian and Vic joke that they now offer a monthly rate because of us :) ). Casa Ocotillo in itself is a beautiful resort, and Brian and Vic excellent and gracious hosts, and together they made our stay there unforgettable. Thank you, we can't wait to visit again soon!

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the "smaller" rooms at first, but we never knew that. We never asked...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple