“Beautiful setting and great hosts!”
Review of Casa Ocotillo

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Casa Ocotillo
Dallas, Texas
“Beautiful setting and great hosts!”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

My partner and I decided to stay here after reviewing 'pet friendly' hotels in Palm Springs since we would be travelling with our 5 pound Pomeranian 'fur baby'. This place does not dissapoint. The hosts Brian and Vic are very friendly. We stayed over the Thanksgiving holiday and they were kind enough to invite us into their home for Thanksgiving dinner. They are excellent cooks! We went to Palm Springs to get married and had the ceremony poolside at their Casa Ocotillo. Our suite, located at the very back of the property, was very private. We had a large yard and private patio to ourselves and the room was very attractive and comfortable. This is not your typical run-of-the-mill property.....they have furnished all of the suites with original art and quality furnishings and bed linens. A big plus is the guest kitchen with snacks and beverages available 24 hours a day. The location is super convenient to Palm Canyon Drive and all kinds of restaurants and shopping. We'll definately be staying there next time we're in Palm Springs.

Room Tip: All of the rooms look nice, but the one in the very back that we had seems to be the most private.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
San Diego, California
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My husband and I wanted to and needed to take a break for a few days. We even left our two doggies with "Grandma". This was our first time at Casa Ocotillo and it was exactly what we had hoped for. We chose the Hacienda Garden Suite and it was absolutely cozy, charming, and private. The entire setting was beautiful. Our hosts Brian and Vic are super cool guys and we immediately felt at home with them. They have created a fantastic environment. The continental breakfasts were just right - lots of healthy options, the coffee was excellent, the perfect way to start the day or have a snack later. We like to walk as much as possible and the location enabled us to take nice strolls to the downtown area. We stayed for five wonderful relaxing days and did not want to leave. We are already planning our return!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at Casa Ocotillo for a quick weekend in Palm Springs recently. My hosts Vic and Brian did an outstanding job of making me feel welcome and seeing to all of my needs. After playing tourist all day and into the evening, I always prefer to have a quiet, no-drama oasis to return to at the end of the day. Casa Ocotillo did not disappoint. The property was beautiful, the (Log Jammer) bungalow inviting and nicely furnished, the bed wonderfully comfortable. The continental self-serve breakfast was exactly what I wanted in the mornings and all items available were excellent. My only regret was that i didn't have more time to actually just hang-out there! I would stay there again in heartbeat.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I recently met some friends for a relaxing weekend in Palm Springs. We had a wonderful stay at Casa Ocotillo. Brian and Vic were fantastic hosts. The guest kitchen was a great amenity that I wasn't expecting. We also enjoyed our time at the pool and in the hot tub. I'm sure we will be back soon. Thanks again for a very memorable time.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Berkeley, California, United States
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Yes, we did :) My partner and I picked Casa Ocotillo because of the good online reviews and because they're a pet friendly resort. We booked a room for a 5-day stay and expected a nice, quiet, classy place to enjoy a few days in Palm Springs. What we found far surpassed all our expectations. The resort is beautiful, both the rooms and the common areas, and the architecture and history unique (it takes you back in time). There's nothing "cheap" or low-quality here, from the towels, bedding, room decorations and decor (interior design, really), the outdoors furniture... quality and attention to detail is everywhere. The garden is beautiful and well maintained, the pool and jacuzzi crystal clear.

Casa Ocotillo is located in a serene neighborhood and is well built to provide privacy to guests, and there is on-site gated parking. The drive to the "heart" of Palm Springs is very easy and short (5 minutes?). (I'd say it's a straight drive to downtown, but I wouldn't want to offend anyone ;) ).

I can't say enough to thank Brian and Vic for making our stay here fantastic and memorable. They keep the place in immaculate condition, took care of us, were social and kept us great company yet also knew to let us be when we wanted private time. Every morning they stock the fridge with fresh fruit, muffins, beverages, and other breakfast items, and every morning I looked forward to running to the fridge to enjoy some breakfast. Laundry facilities are provided (which you may need if you end up staying as long as we did!)

If you have pets you know it can be a hassle to travel with them, but Casa Ocotillo is very accommodating. The back door of our room opened to a private, fenced yard/dog run where our "kids" could stay when we went out. Also, there are areas on the grounds that are separated with small gates, where pets can be separated from others while still enjoying a yard.

If you don't have pets, Brian and Vic are very understanding and work with guests to accommodate everyone. Yes, pets are welcome, but they don't run the place :)

To summarize, we went to Casa Ocotillo for a 5 day stay, but soon realized that wasn't enough. We extended to a week, then another week, then another, and in the end stayed for a whole month. (Brian and Vic joke that they now offer a monthly rate because of us :) ). Casa Ocotillo in itself is a beautiful resort, and Brian and Vic excellent and gracious hosts, and together they made our stay there unforgettable. Thank you, we can't wait to visit again soon!

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the "smaller" rooms at first, but we never knew that. We never asked...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Montebello, California
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Drove in from Los Angeles and met up with friends from AZ. Knew Casa Ocotillo would be the perfect getaway for all of us to relax and catch up on time gone by.

Brian and Vic are the perfect hosts and welcome you with open arms. This place has all the amenities you can think of. The rooms are big and comfy, each decorated differently. The grounds are beautifully kept and lots of cozy seating and chaises for you to sun worship, lounge or kick back and socialize with friends and other guests. Brian and Vic are there making sure that you are totally comfortable and have everything you need. They truly care about all their guests.

An added bonus is this is a dog friendly place so we took our two babies (Lola and Daisy) and they roamed the grounds and had as much fun as we did.

This was our second visit to Casa Ocotillo and it was as enjoyable as our first. Thank you so much Brian and Vic for treating us like family. We look forward to our next stop in Palm Springs. Know you guys will be the first to know we are headed your way.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
NomadicRam.com
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I had the most amazing, relaxing time. Casa Ocotillo is a very quaint place that makes you feel welcome, and comfortable. smaller than most other places it provides a much more exclusive feel than most of the larger options in town, with the added bonus of being able to bring my small dog as well. I even think she may have enjoyed being there more than I did, if that was possible. There is no question where i will be staying whenever I may return to Palm Springs.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo