“Stumulating”
Review of Casa Ocotillo

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Casa Ocotillo
Reviewed July 12, 2008

Brian and Vick, I cannot tell you enough how wonderful my experiences have been at Casa Ocotillo. I have been fortunate enough to have stayed at your marvelous vacation home three times. Each time was better than I expected. The rooms are impeccable, each one a different experience. The furniture, art and linens are top of the line. The only difficulty I had was packing to leave. I wanted to move in and continue to bask in the sunshine by the crystal clear pool, enjoy the company of my wonderful, caring hosts and get to know some of the exceptional guests that I have encountered there. I feel that I have made friends for life with you guys and a couple of the other guests I have met during my all too brief visits. I particularly enjoyed the stimulating, intelligent conversations (with cocktails) on the veranda in the evenings and morning coffee with delectable croissants. I will definitely be back and am telling all my friends there is only one place to stay in Palm Springs!

David Yoder
San Diego CA

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with friends
2  Thank DavidTXCA

Reviewed July 7, 2008

Have enjoyed staying at Casa Ocotillo many times since Brian and Vic opened in Palm Springs. Had also been at their former
property in Phoenix, Casa de mis Padres.
They are extraordinarily talented in the way they
have designed and manage their places. The
grounds are beautifully landscaped and very
lush. Parking is secured on the grounds behind remote controled gates. Each room and suite is handsomely furnished individually
with many artisan and antique pieces as well as original art. Definitely the place to stay for many times to come.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
2  Thank RdnAZ
Reviewed June 30, 2008

I have been a long time client-turned-friend of the hosts and owners, Brian & Vic. I originally encountered their charming hospitality, when they owned Casa De Mis Padres in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona. Initially planning a special weekend, I was so taken by the elegant, friendly atmosphere and accommodations, that I returned many times, either by myself or introducing other friends.

After they moved to Palm Springs several years ago, I have witnessed first hand the continuation of Brian and Vic's new labor of love, Casa Ocotillo. I can only confer with the comments the other reviewers have made...especially that you feel like you are visiting close friends in a distinctively traditional, classy, desert home. You will find no better bed-and-breakfast to stay in Palm Springs, should you prefer a more personal, comfortable, and friendly retreat. Casa Ocotillo offers a pleasant alternative for the gay community as well with its sophisticated, relaxed environment. Your hosts familiarity with the Palm Springs area, also provides you with an invaluable resource for recommending various venues of interest. I encourage you to make your reservation today! All the best!~T Karleskein

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
2  Thank azfox
Reviewed June 29, 2008

I heard about this place through a good friend, who hosted an intimate birthday party at Casa Ocotillo. Upon arriving in mid-June, I was surprised to see how well-kept the place was. Brian and Vic were wonderful hosts and kept the property in great shape! They attended to every need and were respectful of my privacy and quiet moments.

My room was beautiful, and the bathroom was spacious. I especially enjoyed my large shower head and the floor-to-ceiling tile. The ceiling fan over my bed kept me cool and made it challenging to get out of bed to face the day. I enjoyed a great weekend in Palm Springs, no doubt due to the great accommodations and wonderful hosts. I would highly recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
3  Thank FernandezMultimedia
Reviewed June 29, 2008

We don't like surprises and that is what is so wonderful about this inn. We looked at the property online and could see detailed photos of each room. We chose the the Courtyard Suite as the photos showed a intimite and private type of accomodation. It was so wonderful to enjoy a morning coffee on our own patio to gaze up at the nearby mountains and trees all around the grounds. The photos actually don't do it a complete justice as the bathroom was even better than expected.....a terrific step-down open shower! What is enjoyable is when we wanted meet the other guests, Vic and Brian hosted a lovely sunset evening of cocktails to meet other guests. We look forward to another visit at Casa Ocotillo.

• Stayed: April 2008
3  Thank PhxFlw
Reviewed June 26, 2008

Casa Ocotillo offers the kind of amenities most only dream of from a small hotel. The Hacienda has been lovingly restored by its owners with a constant eye toward class, comfort and convenience. Brian and Vic make guests feel immediately welcome--and they are helpful and affable about dinner suggestions, day trips, special needs, etc. We stayed in the Hacienda Suite, and it's a first class, private room in every way. The views from Casa Ocotillo are also spectacular, especially toward the mountains. The location is another plus: it was easy to hop into town--yet we really felt as if we were "removed" when back at the hotel. We've stayed at other places in PS, but nothing compares to Casa Ocotillo. Strongly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2007
4  Thank skriver
Reviewed June 20, 2008

This is our second stay at Casa Ocotillo and it just keeps getting better. The attention to detail is perfect - just what you would want if you had your own place in the desert. But it is the hosts and owners who make all the difference with their personal touches obvious throughout. Truly feels more like you are staying with good friends - which by the time you leave you are. Casa Ocotillo has found a niche in the gay resort market that finally offers us what we want: the perfect getaway.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple