“Inviting, classy and enjoyable”
Review of Casa Ocotillo

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Casa Ocotillo
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I recently coordinated a group of friends for a birthday celebration weekend. We were looking for relaxing, low key and intimate. It was our first time at Casa Ocotillo and I couldn't have been more pleased. The property was nicely landscaped, the rooms were nicely decorated and very comfortable, and the service was impeccable. Brian and Vic were gracious hosts, providing privacy but still being available and servicing the property amenities and kitchen. I highly recommend Casa Ocotillo for anyone looking for a no hassles, friendly, intimate and private atmospshere. Thanks Brian and Vic!!!! I'll be back for sure!

Javier E.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 18, 2013

My partner and I love coming to Palm Springs but with a small family member (pet dog) in tow, we recently felt a lack of connection towards the pet friendly places we used to stay at. This weekend changed everything, and we spent two amazing nights at Casa Ocotillo and it had every amenity a human would want, but to our amazing delight, our dog also received the star treatment above and beyond our normal expectation.

Brian and Vic go the extra mile to make sure your stay is wonderful, and their dog Ashley is a treat to interact with, and he helped entertain our own dog tremendously.

The rooms were lovely with a bed I could sleep on for days, the grounds were very well kept, the pool was perfect with the beautiful landscape surrounding it, and the whole motif and lounge area was relaxing to the max. I even had a nice beverage provided to me by Brian and Vic at the perfect moment where a little vodka matched wonderfully.

Overall, I could go on and on about this intimate resort experience and I know I will become a regular now of Casa Ocotillo and I can't recommend it highly enough to others (with or without a family member pet in tow). Enjoy your stay, I am sure you will!!!

Room Tip: I walked into all the rooms and enjoyed the unique pieces and colors in each, it just means i have t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I had a great experience for my first visit to Palm Springs. I was looking for a place to have a nice retreat before the beginning of a new school year and this was the perfect place. The grounds were nice. Had breakfast on the patio next to the pool every morning which had a great view of the mountains too. Loved the room which was very comfortable and beautifully decorated (stayed in the Log Jammer Bungalow). Especially liked the semi-private patio in front of my room where I spent most of my time either reading or doing some creative writing while sipping on my cup of coffee. Enjoyed the breakfast from the common kitchen which was well stocked with fresh fruit, coffee, bagels, muffins, etc. The service was excellent. Brian and Vic were great hosts!

I will definitely return when I plan another trip to Palm Springs.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 17, 2013

"Casa Octillo" is California, any of our esteemed artists would say so. The Hacienda is a perfect part and then some, if ya know what I mean!?.
I give it a five star rating across the board, our hosts are two gracious gentlemen not to mention thier thorough breed standard terrier who's apropos is every bit as gracious as his owners.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Had a boys weekend, took all 5 casitas and had a wonderful memorable weekend. The casitas are absolutely gorgeous, 4-5 star, and the grounds are stunning. We were provided with a common kitchen fully supplied with refreshments, coffee, bagels and other snacks. Brian made our stay very enjoyable, I would recommend this property for any one looking for a get-away weekend.

Room Tip: The room closest to the front of the street, connected to main house is beautiful, great shower and...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SageandAndy
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I will start by saying, the rooms were very nice, comfortable and the setting of the property is very nice. We also brought our dogs and it was great to have them there with us! However, my partner and I felt that the owner was a bit heavy on the personal service.

Upon check-in, he gave us a tour of every single detail of the room and property. He also went over so many rules and the Do's and Don'ts of the property, it made us feel uncomfortable; kind of like going to Grandma's house who is so afraid you're going to break something. I found it tacky that they specifically spelled out with towels were to be used for sexual clean up with laminated cards next to the bed describing the location of the "trick towels." TACKY

We owner came knocking at our door several times insisting we join in for cocktail hour for all guests by the pool. We also had to exchange conversation every time we entered or left the property since he was always right there as we walked out. The property is really small so it's hard to avoid.

When we laid out by the pool, the top of my head touched to cushion my a few millimeters and he came running over to place another towel under my head and reminded me that there were more pool towels available so that I could cover the entire chaise as he had previously told me to do so.

On our way out, as we couldn't wait to get away, he insisted on taking our picture even as we insisted we did not want to. All in all, the place is great. The hospitality is too much for my comfort.

One last thing that I thought would be a nice touch to the rooms. They still have the old tube tvs mounted from the ceiling. It would be great to have had a flat screen TV at eye level instead of near the ceiling.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank SDtravelexpert
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My partner just finished his first year of law school and wanted to get away somewhere to relax. We chose Casa Ocotillo for its small size and quaint look. We were not disappointed. It was a great inn with a good location and wonderful hosts. I'm sure we will return.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple