“Sand Dabs are terrific!”
Review of Backstreet Bistro

Backstreet Bistro
Ranked #55 of 272 Restaurants in Palm Desert
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Monterey
Description: "Where Friends Meet Friends" is what the locals say about Backstreet Bistro…and that is exactly what you"ll find at this Tuscan inspired hidden gem just blocks from the busy El Paseo scene. Dishes are a blend of rustic Italian cuisine and family recipes that feature a wide array of fresh fish, pastas, soups and salads. Lunch and Dinner specials are available daily, along with a full bar and specialty cocktail menu. Enjoy dining in the relaxing ambiance indoors or on the pet-friendly outdoor patio as you gaze upon the beautiful views of the San Jacinto Mountains. This local favorite is also one of the area's best live jazz venues with popular valley musicians performing every Tuesday from 7pm to 10pm and Saturdays from 12:30pm to 3pm. Prices are under $30 at $12-$15 per person.
San Diego, California
“Sand Dabs are terrific!”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

The sand dabs at the Backstreet Bistro are worth revisiting and why I gave an excellent rating . I have been there twice and ordered them both times, My husband and I arrive for a late lunch and sit in the patio. The service is friendly and attentive. We have a happy hour glass of wine and it is pleasant outside. The menu selection looks very attractive but I enjoy the lightly sauteed sand dabs with capers. It comes with fries but they will substitute a nice light salad of fresh greens and chopped tomatoes My husband has tried the pastrami style sandwich and also the turkey BLT. Both are generous and delicious portions. I will have to force myself to try one of their menu selections as everything looks delicious.

1 Thank Laurie48

Laurel, Delaware
“Great Italian”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

There were three of us and all three of our meals were wonderful. Nice location for outdoor dining while in the Palm Desert area.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Cyndee1980
Ellicott City, MD
“Pleasant Place for Lunch”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We went here for lunch only (cannot speak for the dinners) and it was a very nice experience. My relative, who lives in the area, has only had good experiences, and LOVES the BLT's. Everyone who ordered the BLT agreed with her. We all had good sandwiches, and our waitress was very pleasant and attentive. It was very nice sitting at one of the tables on the patio. I would definitely go back again.

1 Thank DiBowers
Calgary
“Delicious Italian food excellent service”
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Went for dinner tonight and sat on the patio. The food was excellent and service was prompt and professional. We sat on the patio which was very pleasant. My husband had the lasagna which was traditional style and was very flavourful. I had the Grandma Pat's veal dish. It was very tasty and the veal was so tender. The waiter was attentive. We had a lovely bottle of wine, Caesar salad and home made bread. The prices are very reasonable. I would highly recommend this restaurant. A lovely place for dinner

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Peggy G
winnipeg canada
“OUTDOOR WITH MUSIC”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We enjoyed a great lunch on the patio with Jazz and friends. It needs to be said that on the very hot afternoon that we attended there, there was inadequate relief from the very hot sun and that impacted on our enjoyment. Great music and very crowded on the patio, but a fun place to see and be seen.

1 Thank meswinnipeg