“A little loud”

Ranked #56 of 274 Restaurants in Palm Desert
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Monterey
Description: "Where Friends Meet Friends" is what the locals say about Backstreet Bistro…and that is exactly what you"ll find at this Tuscan inspired hidden gem just blocks from the busy El Paseo scene. Dishes are a blend of rustic Italian cuisine and family recipes that feature a wide array of fresh fish, pastas, soups and salads. Lunch and Dinner specials are available daily, along with a full bar and specialty cocktail menu. Enjoy dining in the relaxing ambiance indoors or on the pet-friendly outdoor patio as you gaze upon the beautiful views of the San Jacinto Mountains. This local favorite is also one of the area's best live jazz venues with popular valley musicians performing every Tuesday from 7pm to 10pm and Saturdays from 12:30pm to 3pm. Prices are under $30 at $12-$15 per person.
Reviewed February 1, 2014

This is a cute place, a bit off the beaten path despite the El Paseo address. We had a wonderful lunch out on the patio last weekend. I was a bit disappointed in my spinach & shrimp salad, they cut the shrmp in half so it looks like you're getting 6 shrimp, when you are really only getting three. I should mention they have music out on the patio, starting at 12:30, and that made conversation difficult.

There are newer reviews for Backstreet Bistro

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Tucked away near El Paseo, we went to this place for breakfast and then a few days later for dinner. Both times: superb service, nice outdoor seating, very good food. Not pretentious but not cheap. Crowded all the time. Great spot.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

There are so few places that stay open after about 10pm here in the Desert!! I was thrilled when I asked the owner of Backstreet Bistro if she was staying open for the "after Theater crowd"!! She said that she will stay open as long as there are people there to dine!!! If you are without someplace cozy to have a FABULOUS meal, decadent dessert or indulgent after hours drink - THIS IS THE PLACE!! Quiet and cozy, warm and inviting - what more can I say!! We dropped in just at 5pm for a quick bowl of soup and an appetizer, PERFECT for something light and easy!!! Call them if you need a table after the usual dinner hour, she will be so happy to accommodate you!! Still my favorite place in the dessert!!

Reviewed December 28, 2013

After arriving from airport had a late lunch before checking in at hotel (2:30p).
Friendly staff. Chose to sit on patio albeit cool for second week of Dec. My wife had tomato basil soup that she noted was the best she has ever had. I had sand dabs with angel hair pasta that was excellent and the best I have had in the Greater Palm Springs area. Wine by the glass-- good selection and reasonable value. Intended to return for brunch prior to leaving but ran out of time. Good reason to return.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

We had a wonderful late breakfast. Our meals were delicious. Husband had lemon pancakes filled with Ricotta cheese and served with a raspberry butter. He loved it. The meal was so good we made a point to go back for dinner about a week later. Important to make a reservation if the weather is cold because there are only 12 tables available. We each had a veal dish, Husband had Saltimbucca and I had the Piccata. Both were really good, sauces were delicious. Made a point to order the Rum cake made by the owner. Very, very nice. We will definitely go back as the bistro is exactly the kind of place that makes our do not miss list.