“Californian cuisine - I love this place”

Cork Tree California Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Cork Tree California Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 275 Restaurants in Palm Desert
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cook Street
Description: Updated Al La Carte menu located on the Cork Tree website.
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I rarely give 5 stars but this place deserves it. Ambiance, cuisine, service, comfort, and cleanliness were all excellent. Not over priced. Very upbeat and a bit funky decor. Beautiful bar. Our appetizers and main courses were fresh and bursting with flavour. Decent and affordable wine list. Cannot wait to go back. Get a reservation.

2  Thank Philipengs
There are newer reviews for Cork Tree California Cuisine

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We have been to the Cork tree several times and the service and food are impeccable. The Sea Bass is their best seller and I've had it twice, however, the second time was not quite as good as I remember the first time but it was prepared differently and that was the reason. The service has always been impeccable and the wine list is extensive, albeit expensive. You do need to book in advance as the prime dining hours are taken well in advance. Overall if you don't mind spending top dollar you will have a fine dining experience.

2  Thank Herb C
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Located in a strip mall (sort of) we first thought we were lost but wow, what a find. The food is incredible, definitely among the best in the desert. I had short ribs done to perfection. Please don't miss this restaurant!

1  Thank Lasa88
Reviewed June 4, 2013

On a lovely Saturday evening over the busy Memorial Day holiday weekend, hubby and I perused the local restaurant scene and based on its menu and proximity to our accommodations chose Cork Tree. What a delightful patio . . . the perfect place to dine . . . closed off from the street noise, and dotted with strung lights . . . you would never know that you were in the desert . . . you could have been transported anywhere. I did get the feeling, however, that Cork Tree's usual clientele is the mature Palm Desert resident or visitor, not middle-aged hipsters like us! Ha!

The service was pure excellence. Our server was friendly and offered her recommendations based on which items we were considering. She knocked it out of the ball park and we scored a home run! The duck tacos were divine -- not a speck of fat on the duck -- and the feta cheese and chipotle sauce were a great combination despite my doubts. We also splitd the large baby wedge salad, a trio of mini iceberg wedges draped with Point Reyes bleu cheese and bacon. If you have never had Point Reyes bleu, you are missing the best of the best in the bleu cheese realm!

Our entrees was equally as delish! Hubby had the melt in your mouth Hibiscus braised short ribs. I chose the Patagonian Sea Bass which was perfectly cooked and seasoned. With the accompaniments on both plates, it was a more than satisfying meal. A note to the hearty meal men out there . . . Despite the name California Cuisine, which often means less is more on the plate, you definitely didn't walk away hungry.

Next time we are back in the Palm Desert area, we will certainly consider Cork Tree for one of our dinners.

2  Thank msblueyz
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was uber excited to eat here. Based on the reviews, this place seemed like a local good eats venue with upscale flare. Well let's start with the word "upscale." For Cali, this may be upscale based on prices but the dress is not. We came in chique in dress and heels and pressed slacks ( after a long day of hiking) and the other patrons were in shorts and tevas! What! So disregard the "dressy" description in other reviews. We had reservations and were seated in the patio. Our server was excellent and took care of us. As the veggie, I had to customize my meal (per usual). I had the risotto without the duck. It was good (not great..just good). My BF had the salmon and enjoyed it. No salmon flake was left. We skipped dessert. So out of 10, I would give it a 7. If you want local "semi" upscale California style cuisine, then this is your place.

1  Thank kimborkr