1,162 results
All reviews evening reception complimentary breakfast made to order breakfast indian wells palm springs tennis courts kenny upgrades starbucks golf
Reviewed November 5, 2018 via mobile

Conveniently located to nearby Palm Springs. This Embassy Suites is an open air courtyard style design, instead of an indoor atrium style. Rooms are accessed through the outside courtyard/pool area. Kind of like a motel room. This area is gated, but anybody can walk through the public entrances to the hotel and come into this area.

The grounds and public areas were all very nice with a southwest themed design. The room itself (Room 156) was very clean with modern amenities, but it was showing some age and a little wear and tear. A large water stain on the ceiling. Banged up trim along the walls. Chipping paint in spots along the wall.

Also, every time the people walked around in the room above, the ceiling would creak and groan with every step. It was like being in a 200 year old house where you can hear the frame creak and moan anytime somebody moves. I don't know what they were doing. They finally settled down at 4am after the creaking floors stopped and we then clearly heard them "wrestling" before Peter abruptly exclaimed to the other guy, Miguel, "Oh, my God. That was it!" and all sounds finally ceased a 4:15am. We got a few hours sleep, but the floors were squeaking again above us as we woke up and the guests were moving around. I think they decided to move furniture that morning? I was questioning if the ceiling might collapse.

As always, free breakfast was the best part of staying at Embassy Suites. The one here was great! Lots to choose from.
The bar was nice, but we didn't use it. Got free drink coupons at check-in for being Enrolled in their rewards program. There was also live entertainment playing in the lounge on the night we arrived.

I don't recall ever paying for parking at Embassy Suites, but it's $10 per night here. Pretty reasonable. Especially for this area.

With all the exceptional hotels in this area, I probably would consider another option if I came back? However, it wasn't so bad that I'd avoid at all costs. It would be o.k. for business or, for a few nights as a base to explore Palm Springs area

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Denise-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Palm Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Adam81980,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay. We sincerely apologize for the noise issues encountered, and we appreciate the feedback about your room. Our guests’ comfort is the number one concern. Your review will assist in improving our service going forward. We hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our property again. Safe travels!

Reviewed November 2, 2018

This hotel was horrible. It is not a three star. It’s maybe a two star. The rooms were filthy, dust and mold in the bathroom and air vents. The mattress has huge dark stains and the room had a horrible smell to it. I couldn’t stay there. I cancelled my reservation and left. I beg you to not stay here! The La Quinta location is 100% better.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
EmbassySuitesPLMDR, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Palm Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Scenic219899

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate all our guests feedback as they give us the opportunity to improve our product and services.

We are very sorry that you were disappointed with your experience at our hotel. We pride ourselves in making sure that our guests concerns are addressed quickly and to your satisfaction. It appears that we may have failed in addressing your concern.

Please reach out to our Guest Service Manager at your convenience and give us the opportunity to make it right for you. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed October 29, 2018

This hotel looks nothing like what you see on their website! Hotel is old and tired and is located on a terrible piece of property. Absolutely no views to speak of. Rooms have no patio/decks. The views are of the parking lot. The rooms are dark and depressing. We stayed on the second floor. The floor above us was EXTREMELY squeaky! You can expect to be awake for however long the people above you are awake. Our room was not very clean upon arrival. The trash can in the bathroom was filled with litter. The toilet had toilet paper in the bowl. You are offered complimentary happy hour & breakfast upon check-in. We did not take advantage of this. Our thoughts were if the accommodations were this dumpy there was no way we were going to eat the food being served! Do yourself a favor and DO NOT stay here. There are plenty of other lovely options in the desert.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Good afternoon Sdpnewport,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize that your stay was not a good experience. We pride ourselves in addressing our guests concerns quickly and to your satisfaction. We sincerely apologize that it wasn't the case with your experience. At your convenience, please reach out to our Guest Service Manager and give us the opportunity to make it right for you. We hope to welcome you back in the future and give us another try.

Reviewed October 29, 2018

My spouse and I decided to get away for the weekend and head to Palm Springs/Palm Desert. I had some Hilton Points so I booked us at the Embassy Suites Palm Desert. We have stayed at several Embassy Suites in the past and have thoroughly enjoyed our stays. This was NOT your normal Embassy.
First of all, the positives: They do have digital keys if you have the Hilton App., the room was fairly clean and the front desk associates were friendly and nice.
The Negatives: This is an older motel type hotel. Doors open to the outside courtyard. Big crack under the door letting in the daylight!
The rooms are dated and while clean, they seemed grungey (furniture and carpets).
I went to iron a shirt the first evening we were there and the ironing board did not have a cover.
Our AC was not very cold even though it was set to 65 (it's HOT in Palm Desert) and began dripping the last day there.
The breakfast, which in most Embassy Suites, is decent, was bad. The restaurant again seemed dirty, the food was cold and the food was not being replenished in a timely manner.
I went to print something the last day and the printer wouldn't work.
Overall, it was OK, but definitely not the caliber of Embassy Suites or Hilton properties that I have stayed in past.
I would really consider other options in Palm Springs/Palm Desert.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Greetings Minx2017

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate the opportunity to improve our product and service. We have shared your comments with our Department Heads and I assure you we take your feedback seriously. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Sincerely

Reviewed October 27, 2018 via mobile

one of the nice things about staying in the same chain is knowing what to expect. Good points: buffet breakfast included, this one had wider selection, including omelet/ cooked to order egg station and fresh, scratch biscuits. There was lots of room and service checked supplies frequently. Electronic key usually means quicker checkin, but room was not available and they did not send the code, even though I had stopped at the desk in the morning when I arrived. There was only one person on the desk in the evening who was struggling with other check ins and did not recognize platinum or gold who were simply trying to get their electronic key. The lighting in the bathroom was horrible, which I guess could be an excuse for the black mold in the shower. (reported this to the desk at checkout)

Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you Ron C for your review regarding your recent stay with us! We appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to improve. You have highlighted one f the great amenities that the Embassy brand is known for such as our complimentary breakfast. We hope you got to enjoy our complimentary drinks in the evening as well. We have shared your comments with our team and we will address your concerns. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back soon.