“Well worn”

Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Phoenix, United States
“Well worn”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

The rooms are dated and showing age, breakfast slow, mediocre quality, limited staffing at front desk, otherwise it was "ok"... However on the plus side, the location is good. I am very surprised that this is an Embassy Suites, though I have run across other properties that are in a needed state of repair.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Susan A, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Palm Desert, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
We're glad we had the opportunity to serve you and appreciate your feedback. Our dedicated team goes through a lengthy process to ensure our rooms meet our high expectations and look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest suite appearance. Your comments will help us make the necessary and feasible changes to our property and we welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.

Thank you and have a great day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Korean first
Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I love the Embassy Suites chain of hotels. Wherever I travel, I look first at staying at an Embassy Suites. Who doesn't love the free hot breakfast and free happy hour! And it's so nice always having a suite, instead of a single hotel room.

I made a reservation through Travelocity to stay at the Embassy Suites in Palm Springs in March. The 4 nights were paid upfront per Travelocity's policy, and when I got my confirmation, I saw in small print that the reservation was not refundable. I wasn't really worried because I had no intention of cancelling. However, I injured my knee shortly after I made the reservation, and would not be able to play in the tennis tournament being held in Palm Springs in March. (I have a doctor's note for proof that I need surgery). Travelocity said they would give me a full refund, if Embassy Suites would waive the penalties to Travelocity for the cancellation. Travelocity gave me the name of the person to contact at the Embassy Suites -- Susan Allison. When I called her, she said she was busy and that she would call me back in 45 minutes. That was over a month ago -- no phone call.

About 10 days after my phone call, I sent Susan an email, explaining my medical situation, the fact that I am a Hilton Honors member and that the association I work for has done their last 3 conventions at Hilton properties. NO RESPONSE! Finally, I asked a friend of mine is the sales manager for the Hilton in Sedona, AZ if she could help. She called Susan twice -- NO RESPONSE!

If the answer was no, Embassy Suites would not release me from your reservation, Susan could have at least had the courtesy to let me know. NO RESPONSE is not appropriate from a hotel -- ever. I am a meeting planner. I pride myself on great customer service! So am I wrong to expect at least average customer service when I need it?

Shame on Susan Allison at the Embassy Suites in Palm Springs!

Debbi H.
Peoria, AZ

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Debbi H
Good Morning,

First, let me apologize for the lack of service as I strive to take care of every call I receive, and do so in a timely manner. I do not recall any calls or email regarding the reservation and your medical situation. If I have overlooked them, I apologize. I would like to correct any inconvenience you have experienced. Please contact the hotel and ask for me directly and I will take care of resolving the lack of service and the reservation challenge. Once I have your reservation information, I can contact Travelocity directly. Again, my apologies to you and your friend. Have a great day.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

The hotel was clean, well stocked, and the breakfast and happy hour were great. Full breakfasts, clean pool, and nice surrounding makes it nice not only for families but also for individuals. I have stayed there several times and every time it is enjoyable.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

san diego, United States
Reviewed February 11, 2014

If you are looking for something more modern, this is not the place to stay. Area is convenient with nearby store & Starbucks. In need of major renovation and remodeling. Staff was very helpful. The cocktail hour and breakfast were both OK. Pool area was also OK but on a very small scale.

La Verne, California
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We were impressed with the hotel, the staff, the breakfast. We felt it was a true getaway. the grounds of the hotel were beautiful, the room very nice and the breakfast was fantastic, the omelet bar and pancakes, fruit etc, We will be back again!

Room Tip: the third floor was a bit of a hike, but a good workout. Next time it will be the first or second f...
Salt Lake City, United States
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Very poor sound insulation rendered the place very noisy and would mandate a top floor to get some relief. The place is faded and needs an update. The bathroom is extremely small. The location, however, is very good and in the right part of Indian Wells.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Randall J O
Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and apologize for the noise issues you encountered. We will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience and hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town and let us know how we are doing.

Maple Ridge, Canada
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Very clean and maid service was very good. Hot tiub not working properly and towels at pool were a touch shoddy as were the chairs. Having to pay for slow internet also a bit annoying. Beds comfy and overall good value.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm Desert
Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert
The Westin Desert Willow Villas
Best Western Plus Palm Desert Resort
Homewood Suites by Hilton Palm Desert
Embassy Suites by Hilton La Quinta Hotel & Spa
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Palm Desert? Share your experiences!