“See previous page” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Seattle
“See previous page”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

I had a great time at your hotel. As a single guest, I felt safe and very comfortable. I mentioned some things about the pool in my previous message, but otherwise, everything was really nice. I have to compliment the Sonoma Grill for their excellent food and service. Because I was traveling alone, it was wonderful to order Room Service for dinner, especially because the weather was very warm when I was there, and I could sit and relax and watch TV or read in my own room. Definitely a huge plus for my trip!! I hope the excellent Room Service can continue because it is a wonderful bonus to your hotel fand or those of us who come alone and to rest. Thank you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
cleveland, ga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

We booked this hotel for our anniversary, having never been to Palm Desert/Palm Springs area and always trying to stay with the Hilton name when traveling. The hotel, for an Embassy Suites, was not as nice as we are accustomed to. It was very outdated and our bed was old and lumpy. We had the executive suite which was nothing special. I did enjoy the breakfast and reception in the evening. Will probably not stay at this location again unless they update.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Escondido, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

This Embassy seems like an older one. It is ok for the money, but nothing special. if you want internet and do not have AT&T, they charge 9.95 per day per device, so if you have more than one device that needs to check email or whatever, it's expensive. the sheets seemed clean, Had a few holes and were dingy, not white and crisp as in most mid price hotels. Holes in a couple lampshades. Very good breakfast and easy checkin/checkout.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Jerome M
Susan A, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Palm Desert, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
As always, we appreciate our guests taking the time to share their experiences both with us and other travelers on TripAdvisor. The stay described above falls far short of the manner in which we strive to treat our guests. I'm terribly sorry about that and committed to restoring the perception you had of our Embassy Suites when you chose us for your visit. Given the seriousness of challenges mentioned, I have already addressed your incidences with the appropriate department managers so that there should be no recurrence to you or any other guest. I do hope you give us the opportunity to return so that you can regain your confidence in our services and operation. Please contact me directly if you'd like to discuss these things in further detail.

Susan A.
Nuevo, California, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

For an Embassy Suite I thought it was the worse one we ever stayed at.The hot tub was like warm bath water ,there were only 3 jets working.There was a very large bug in the sink and the tv ,we had to call to get someone to make it work . The manager special had chips and salsa a few snacks chips and the breakfast was alright but my eggs were brown around the edges like if they were cooked on a dirty griddle,We will never go back there and stay,it should be called motel 8 not Embassy suites.There were people visiting from settle Washington they were too thinking they were going to be able to enjoy the manager special but did not drink ,but no they had to leave and go to a restaurant after a long flight . If they are going to offer there services then they should give a 5 star service not. 2 star service.We really do love Embassy suites but would never recommend this one .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Susie E
Susan A, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Palm Desert, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Please accept our sincere apologies for the hassle and frustration you experienced on your recent stay at our hotel. We strive to make every guests' stay a pleasant one from check-in to departure through quality service and amenities, and we regret this was not your impression. We will use your comments as part of our ongoing service training and hope you will give us another opportunity to show you the quality stay you deserve should you return to our area in the future.

Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

This hotel could use some updates, but I had a pleasant experience staying at this hotel because of the excellent service I received from the hotel staff. Everybody was pleasant and helpful, and made you feel like a welcomed guest.

The hotel is a bit dated, although you have to keep in mind that a lot of hotels in palm desert are modeled in the Spanish adobe type style. The hotel's rooms are spread out a bit over 3 floors, with a pool and breakfast area in the middle. The breakfast is great - the hot pancakes in the morning are delicious. Very different than a lot of hotels that only offer you continental breakfast.

Overall, this hotel is a great value. Wish they would update the carpets though - the carpets are a bit threadbare. The light in my room also didn't work that well, and the tv remote was very non-responsive. Minor issues which wouldn't necessarily stop me from staying here again, although I'd probably want a more modern hotel next time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Indian Wells, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Twenty years ago this might have been a nice place to stay. However, at present it has a lot of room for improvement. I stayed at this hotel in a suite from Sunday 10/6 to Friday 10/11. I was in room 316. The room has an area of the floor that feels like they carpeted over a hole. The floors are thin and if there were people on the second floor, they were cursing me. The walls are also thin and you can hear everything: people at the pool, people walking by the room, the staff wheeling the garbage barrels over the tile/brick flooring at the bar and around the pool every night at about TEN! There was a group of young men who where very drunk that stayed a couple doors down. They would smoke and hangout outside their room. They were loud and swore often, which would lead to horseplay in the narrow walkway. My family would wait for them to go back inside or leave before trying to leave our room while they were in the walkway. They would say things that made me feel unsafe to move through them with my wife and one year old daughter. In room 316, there is a pipe coming out of the ceiling above the sink and the mini-fringe would freeze solid everything I placed in it. (E.g eggs, cottage cheese, apple sauce.) The shower grout is cracking and missing in many places. The shower handle is broken and spins (the shower to tub function,) while the nozzle is so stuck in place. I would turn the pipe that was affixed to the nozzle, before the shower-head would move. The water pressure is also poor, but they do have a lot of hot water. The restroom is so small that you have to stand between the toilet and sink for the door to open. (or in the tub…) The TV remotes are slow to respond. The remotes are not the OEM remotes for the TV. Most of the remotes functionality is lost or limited. (E.g. Sleep timer, menu, and previous channel buttons do not work.) If I was more than ten feet away from the TV, the remote would not work at all. Pressing the volume button once would raise the volume several places, which would make the TV to loud or to quite. The coffee maker only makes two cups at a time. Some days the maid would leave coffee cups but no coffee. We tried to eat at the restaurant. My wife and I both ordered the $32 filet mignon and shrimp. I ordered mine done-well, it arrived rare. The mashed potatoes were from a box, (I asked and the waiter confirmed my belief) the vegetables were over steamed and limp, and worst of all the cook did not de-vain the shrimp and none of this served at the proper temperatures. I am a professional cook, so paying $32 for food poisoning was not going to happen! The waiter said he would give is a small discount on the meal. I told him, I was not paying and we left. I could go on and on with my review, as there was a lot wrong with this place, but the staff was nice and the rooms were affordable. I would not say this is a horrible hotel, but it is an Embassy Suite in name alone. At the end of the month, I am going to be spending another week in a hotel. While I am looking into another Hilton Hotel, I am quite sure that I will never stay at this Embassy Suite in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Lake Havasu, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Always a pleasure to stay at this hotel. The rooms are great, staff is amazing and love the breakfast. I have stayed at this hotel a number of times and have never had a bad night. The rooms are huge, quiet and conducive to a good nights sleep, location is good, close to shopping and the freeway.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm Desert
Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert
The Westin Desert Willow Villas
BEST WESTERN PLUS Palm Desert Resort
Embassy Suites by Hilton La Quinta Hotel & Spa
Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Palm Desert? Share your experiences!