“Love, LOVE this Property!”
Review of Embarc Palm Desert

Embarc Palm Desert
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Mason, OH
“Love, LOVE this Property!”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Stayed here May 19th thru 25th. We had a two bedroom on the first floor. I am a HGVC member. Not much I can add to all the other positive reviews but...

I loved the fireplace on the patio. It was basically very quiet except I could hear the people above me walking a few times in the AM and PM. There was a bug issue in one of the bedrooms - spotted one a day. Yoga and Zumba classes cost $10 each. They had a Memorial Day picnic and it cost $10 a person. I will say there were a billion remote controls for the tv/dvd and some of them did not work.

The beds were comfy and the room clean. As people have mentioned some of the bathrooms were HUGE. Mine was average but the shower had the best water pressure EVER!!! It had a bench made into the wall so I could shave the legs, etc. LOVED it!!!

The staff is by far the best I've come across in my travels. Very welcoming. They are laid back but attentive. Special shout outs to Solina and James. They went above and beyond.

As others have said, this is not a party place, this is a place where you and your girls, your sweetie or family can stay and just relax.

I will be back to club!

Room Tip: We stayed in 14-1 & 3. it was close to the pool and the grill.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank SingleDiva

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Yorkton, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2014

our family stayed there and did not want to leave. beautiful grounds tennis courts, so cool you can borrow a tennis racket and balls, they think of everything. it was fantastic stay. super excellent fantastic.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Anonalex
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Member's Club that allows hotel stays aswell. Very nice property with comfortable accomodations.
Right on the golf course - great outdoor bbq's and multi pools. Good Location in Palm Desert with full grocery store and restaurants within walking distance

Room Tip: no room service or restaurant - nice to have cooking options and fridges.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Weezie007
San Diego, CA
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed with friends who had reserved a 2-bedroom unit using vacation club points. The unit was very nicely appointed, very clean and comfortable. The outside dining area, with a fireplace and nearby grill, was lovely and perfect given the weather, but the dining table itself was quite wobbly. There is no dining table inside the unit -- just a small bar in the small kitchen. But it's certainly adequate for a few days. The living room is also quite small, but the bedrooms are spacious. Great location for attending the tennis tournament.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank marisa13
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed April 23, 2014

This is such a beautiful location! I have travelled to several Club Intrawest resorts before (Tremblant, Panorama and Sandestin) and must say I was not disapointed! There is so much to do in the Palm Springs/Palm Desert area and the resort itself was wonderful. The vacation home was great-everything we needed. We mainly hiked in the area (Joshua Tree National Park is a must see, as is Indian Canyon) and managed to catch some of the BNP Paribas Open Tennis tournament. A great getaway from the cold canadian winter!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank ottawa_cath
Yorba Linda, California
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We are Intrawest members and love going for the weekend to the Palm Desert Intrawest,however this time I was really disappointed in the honesty of someone (stop short of saying the cleaning staff). It is peaceful and lovely at this place so we go fairly often..when we can find it available. This trip I stupidly went off and left my purse in the room. It wasn't found by the cleaning staff when they cleaned after us. I called a couple days later after going thru the car, etc, several times and finally realizing I never left the room with it. By then I think it had been cleaned again and had others in it. It was about 3 days after that that it was cleaned again and I was called to say they had found it. How all of us missed it in the room is what I don't understand and no one could tell me where it was found. I'm very happy to have my credit card back untouched, and my license so I don't have to deal with the DMV, but I know for sure I had a $100 bill and a $50 bill in there (gifts I had not spent) but they were not in there when it was mailed to me. Intrawest tried to tell me that their cleaning staff would never be dishonest, and I can't blame anyone given there were guests and cleaners in there a few times before it was found almost a week later..which I still find very odd, but its disappointing. I had planned on sending the $50 to the cleaning person who turned it in. My fault for making the dumb mistake. Could have been worse.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank fusspottt
Cherry Valley Ontario
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Just spent a week at this resort and it is incredible. Well stocked kitchens. Lots of pools, tennis courts, covered basketball half court. There were 11 of us from 6 to 83 and everyone had a great time. Lots of areas available to host 11 people. BBQs everywhere. There is a Ralph's a short walk away. Great golf at desert willows also a walk away.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa

Been to Embarc Palm Desert? Share your experiences!