“Typical Courtyard by Marriott”

Courtyard Palm Desert
Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Palm Desert
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We like staying in the Marriott chain and have stayed in the Courtyards often as they seem to the ones that are newer or updated. This one in Palm Desert has been here awhile but the overall condition of the property was good. Our room was spacious and comfortable. The bed was somewhat soft but we still had a good night's sleep. They definitely need to do something about the pillows. Old and out of shape. The bathroom was clean. We were wanting our room cleaned earlier than they were getting around to it but never had it done before mid afternoon even after we requested it. And the Bistro wasn't the best. On the last morning of our stay, I bought a smoothy that was all ice. When I took it back, explanation was that they were out of bananas, so I guess they substituted ice. Why bother. At least it should be taken off of our bill. And the breakfast sandwiches are just all bread. Not our favorite way to get the morning started. So go to a McDonalds if you're staying at this Courtyard. Street noise is pretty bad so request a room away from Frank Sinatra. Will definitely stay in the Residence Inn next door next time if they have rooms available.

Room Tip: Ask for one not facing Frank Sinatra.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jackie H, Manager at Courtyard Palm Desert, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Thank you for staying and rating our property. Your feedback in greatly appreciated and we will take the proper measures to insure this does not happen to future guest. We hope you will return to our property so we can better serve you.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We have become fans of Courtyards on our recent visit to USA. This one was was a little disappointing. Two glasses of wine $20 when we have been used to Happy hours elsewhere. The place lacked atmosphere. We eat both dinner and breakfast elsewhere, and decided to move on after the one night.
The room was fine and it was nice to enjoy a little sunshine by the pool. No problems with noise as suggested by some. Location is good to move around the area.

Room Tip: Our overlooked the road. No problems with noise.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Raymond L
Jackie H, Manager at Courtyard Palm Desert, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you for staying and rating our property. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. We will look into adding our wine selection into our Happy hour prices. We hope that you will return to our property so we can better serve you.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

When I have to travel almost weekly to Palm Desert, I want to find a place where the hotel management and staff recognize you as a person and not just a transient guest. Staff at Courtyard Palm Desert are friendly, helpful and responsive. All the staff recognize me when I walk into the property, it does make me feel special. Management has changed from Marriott to a new management team. The new management company has certainly made some improvements in services. It brings back free coffee in the morning and provides cookies at the end of day at the lobby. They try to have happy hours and during the football season to attract guests to enjoy the spacious and comfortable lobby. They also gives some token gifts like a bottle of water and cookies when you arrive the first night. These are all good things. Though I hope they will provide free breakfast to frequent business travelers like me.

The rooms are comfortable and spacious. However, the WiFi is spotty depend which side of the property the room is. Rooms on the east side of the property have better receptions then those facing west. I noticed that the hotel just changes out all the towels which are much better than the old, thin, wore out ones.

All in all, the property is up-to-date and I have enjoyed my stays here.

Room Tip: Rooms on east side of the property have better WiFi receptions.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Jackie H, Manager at Courtyard Palm Desert, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Thank you for staying with us. We are happy to see that we are your home away from home. Our goal is to provide each guest with excellent service and I am proud to see that our staff met our and your expectations. We look forward in seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is not along the freeway, yet still easy to find! I wasn't woken by trucks or a train. Price is reasonable. Rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast menu is good and includes Starbucks! (Not free.) Staff is friendly. Definitely my top pick foot this area.

Stayed: January 2014
JohnathanKennedy, General Manager at Courtyard Palm Desert, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Thank you for staying with us in Palm Desert! I am happy to hear you were able to catch up on some rest. I hope we will see you again in the near future!

Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Great location. You have a variety of places in the area for eating, entertainment or just a relaxing walk in downtown We were gonna take a cab to the casino but since it was an hour wait we drove. Was not that far, but make sure you have a designated driver to drive you back. Was New Year's Eve so was a little tough on the not drinking part. LolThanks for a pleasant stay

• Stayed: December 2013
Jackie H, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Palm Desert, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard in Palm Desert. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

My son and I stayed here on our way home from the Christmas holidays with family. The location is convenient to the freeway. The hotel is clean and the service was good. Check in was quick and easy. On the negative side the beds aren't great, probably time for new mattresses. Definitely time for new linens. The sheets were super thin and the towels needed some fabric softener. I had to have maintenance up to fix a clogged toilet. That did get me two coupons for free dinners but we had already had dinner. We also had the joy of a false fire alarm which of course happens but it took forever to get it to stop. The worst part was no complimentary breakfast. Dumpy motels give you that but here you have to pay. Luckily they were nice enough to exchange my useless dinner coupons for breakfast. Overall it was fine for a place to stop over night but I can't recommend it for a longer stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank susanono
JohnathanKennedy, General Manager at Courtyard Palm Desert, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Thank you for staying with us while in Palm Desert. I am very sorry to hear of the troubles during your stay. The mattresses are routinely changed throughout the year. All Courtyards by Marriott are unfortunately not allowed to issue complimentary breakfasts due to company regulations. I am happy to hear the front desk was able to exchange your complimentary dinner for breakfast. I hope you have safe travels throughout the holidays and have a happy new year!

Reviewed December 22, 2013

As a Marriott reward points member and Vacation Club owner I did a lot of research prior to staying at this location and I am relly glad that I stayed here.

Jackie made check in lightning quick, the room was spacious and clean, and even though the hotel is close to the highway, I did not have a problem with noise. A minor technical issue I had were with the WIFI. Being in the furthest room from the lobby was perhaps why the WIFI was occasionally problematic, but both computers in the lobby were working fine plus it is Christmas time./who needs WiFi for God's sake/..

Although I did have these minor technical issues, I don't think should detract from, what otherwise was, a great experience. Can't understand people complaining about matrasses..etc.
For the comfort, location, staff and overall value I give the hotel top marks.
Did I mention five diamonds service I received from Jackie Hurtado..? Prior to my stay here I stayed in London and Heidelberg, Germany..nothing to compare with. What makes Marriott and Ritz is the employees../not the matrasses/.
Jackie, Marriott and your GM should be proud to have you onboard.

Room Tip: rooms overlooking the pool and not facing Frank Sinatra way.. ask for great dining on El Paseo- Des...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jimmy M

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! I will share your praises with Jackie personally. We hope to see you again soon!