“What, no complimentary breakfast!!”

Courtyard Palm Desert
Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Palm Desert
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My son and I stayed here on our way home from the Christmas holidays with family. The location is convenient to the freeway. The hotel is clean and the service was good. Check in was quick and easy. On the negative side the beds aren't great, probably time for new mattresses. Definitely time for new linens. The sheets were super thin and the towels needed some fabric softener. I had to have maintenance up to fix a clogged toilet. That did get me two coupons for free dinners but we had already had dinner. We also had the joy of a false fire alarm which of course happens but it took forever to get it to stop. The worst part was no complimentary breakfast. Dumpy motels give you that but here you have to pay. Luckily they were nice enough to exchange my useless dinner coupons for breakfast. Overall it was fine for a place to stop over night but I can't recommend it for a longer stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank susanono
JohnathanKennedy, General Manager at Courtyard Palm Desert, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Thank you for staying with us while in Palm Desert. I am very sorry to hear of the troubles during your stay. The mattresses are routinely changed throughout the year. All Courtyards by Marriott are unfortunately not allowed to issue complimentary breakfasts due to company regulations. I am happy to hear the front desk was able to exchange your complimentary dinner for breakfast. I hope you have safe travels throughout the holidays and have a happy new year!

Reviewed December 22, 2013

As a Marriott reward points member and Vacation Club owner I did a lot of research prior to staying at this location and I am relly glad that I stayed here.

Jackie made check in lightning quick, the room was spacious and clean, and even though the hotel is close to the highway, I did not have a problem with noise. A minor technical issue I had were with the WIFI. Being in the furthest room from the lobby was perhaps why the WIFI was occasionally problematic, but both computers in the lobby were working fine plus it is Christmas time./who needs WiFi for God's sake/..

Although I did have these minor technical issues, I don't think should detract from, what otherwise was, a great experience. Can't understand people complaining about matrasses..etc.
For the comfort, location, staff and overall value I give the hotel top marks.
Did I mention five diamonds service I received from Jackie Hurtado..? Prior to my stay here I stayed in London and Heidelberg, Germany..nothing to compare with. What makes Marriott and Ritz is the employees../not the matrasses/.
Jackie, Marriott and your GM should be proud to have you onboard.

Room Tip: rooms overlooking the pool and not facing Frank Sinatra way.. ask for great dining on El Paseo- Des...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jimmy M

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! I will share your praises with Jackie personally. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

There was a time when we looked forward to staying at any Courtyard no matter where it was. You would always get consistency no matter the location. Those times have changed. And keep in mind we are Marriott rewards members and will be changing to Hilton Honors. We just spent two nights at this Courtyard. The first thing we noticed in coming in from the parking lot was a towel on the floor by the entry door and dirt and sand all over the floor. We got to our room and whereas all hotels nowadays have a refrigerator this room had none. We have stayed at Hampton Inns recently and each room is welcoming, lobby areas and hallways are clean, they provide breakfast, hot coffee and tea all day and Courtyards provide nothing except lemon water in their lobby. They have not kept upn with the times and offer their guests nothing. They seem to think by modernizing their lobbies that they are catering to business people but it is a joke. The rooms offer very few plugs for folks to plug in their electronic items and just no longer have the refreshing look they used to in the past. We will never stay at a Courtyard again until they decide to catch up with the competition. There are so many other choices in Palm Desert. It is no wonder why this hotel is one of the lowestrated in the area. As mentioned earlier we are quitting Marriott Rewards and switching to Hilton Honors. We feel hotels like Hampton Inn understand their customers better. They don't pretend to respect their clientele by prettying up their lobby with a phony modern facade and totally neglect the rest of the hotels. Kids running through the halls and taking over the Fitness Center for two days. We will not be returning to Courtyard.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank lin l
JohnathanKennedy, General Manager at Courtyard Palm Desert, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank you for sharing your stay with us. I do apologize for what you found during your arrival as this is unacceptable to me. We will review this with our staff to ensure that this does not continue. Our hotel is equipped with portable refrigerators and microwaves that can be brought upon request. It is our property and company goal to promote the very best service available, thank you for providing us with valued feedback. We hope you have safe travels during the holiday season.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stayed here one night for business. The clerk was helpful. I stayed on the third floor with window towards parking lot and couldn't hear any outside noises. The bed was fine, the t.v. was large, and room was clean. They also have a full service café with starbucks coffee, wine and beer. There are also computers available and a printer. Only downside was that they have wall units for AC and mine was incredibly loud and rattled. No perks but other than AC, served its purpose for the price.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
JohnathanKennedy, General Manager at Courtyard Palm Desert, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thank you for staying with us in Palm Desert! We appreciate any and all feedback from your stay. We routinely service and change out our AC units; we will make sure to look into the room you stayed in to ensure the issue is fixed or unit is changed out. Thank you for taking the time to post your experience, we hope to see you again soon in the near future.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I was recently in Palm Desert for a conference and needed a convenient, resonable priced place to stay for a few nights. Overall experience at this hotel was great. The location was great. Very easy to get to and find, lots of parking, within 5-10 minute driving distance to great shopping and attractions. Bed was comfortable and the room had a big TV. I liked that the room had a little couch and chair and a desk.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
JohnathanKennedy, General Manager at Courtyard Palm Desert, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you for staying with us here in Palm Desert! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I hope we see you again in the future! Have safe travels.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We needed a hotel close to a friend's house & this fitted the bill. It wasn't anything special & looked older than I expected. It didn't seem as nice as other Courtyard properties we had used. Although on a main road it was quiet to sleep. We had a room overlooking the pool area. The bedroom was a fair size but the bathroom was poorly planned. It was small with a washbasin outside & the bathroom door opened against the washbasin so was totally impractical. We find that invariably we are both trying to get ready at the same time & having bathroom facilities big enough to share is crucial. We didn't have the breakfast package or eat at the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pearl65
JohnathanKennedy, General Manager at Courtyard Palm Desert, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate any and all feedback on our services. The restroom facilities are a bit difficult to navigate when multiple users are present and I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I hope you wont judge use based on this one experience and will allow us to better serve you in the future. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope you have safe travels.

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was just okay. For the price, it did the job. If you're looking for ambience or luxury, look elsewhere. Also, beware of "breakfast included" upon check-in. The hotel has a funny way of telling their guests that breakfast is included with their room (three separate times) then trying to charge their guests upon check-out. We called "shenanigans" on being charged and got the breakfast taken off the bill but only after strong insistence by us and basically being called liars by the staff. If you stay here, keep your eyes open and be sure to check your bill!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
JohnathanKennedy, General Manager at Courtyard Palm Desert, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for staying with us in Palm Desert. I do apologize for what happened during your stay with us. Breakfast generally is not included with our hotel however there are room packages that include it. I will be reviewing this with my staff to ensure that mistakes like these do not repeat themselves. Thank you for taking the time and letting us know what happened. I hope you have safe travels on your next trip.