This hotel was a superb choice; it was modern, clean, and quiet . . . and I slept well. While I did not use them, the amenities were nice - a large guest laundry room, business center, fitness center, spacious but not overdone lobby, pool with a "desert palm oasis" look and feel. Good value too at $89 booked through the hotel website for a Friday night stay (and that's not the AARP rate or any other special rate), though I imagine it's more expensive during the winter than in the brutally hot month of August.
Minor complaints, but will nonetheless grant a 5-star rating because these really aren't a big deal:
(1) Upon arrival, there was nobody at the front desk. I did the "hello, hello?" thing but nobody within earshot. So I had a seat in the lobby and a few minutes later, someone came. I understand that sometimes there is only one person on duty and he or she may need to answer nature's call, but maybe they could have a "be back in a minute" sign or something . . . or have self-check-in kiosks. But you'd think at 6:30 PM (a time when one might presume a fair amount of check-in activity) there would be at least two people working the front desk.
(2) This may seem a strange complaint, but the TV in the room was too big. TV sets shoudl be properly proportioned for the size of a room. Remember when mom said sitting too close to the TV was a bad thing?
(3) It is annoying that you cannot depart the hotel property directly to westbound Frank Sinatra Drive.
(4) Don't like the pillows that are closer to square-shaped than rectangle shape. Pillows for sleeping should be rectangular. Square pillows are for the couch.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Marriott, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Palm Desert reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Palm Desert Hotel Palm Desert
- Marriott Palm Desert
- Palm Desert Marriott
- Palm Desert Courtyard