“Gorgeous grounds & wonderful living space!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Desert Breezes Resort

Desert Breezes Resort
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
“Gorgeous grounds & wonderful living space!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We just got back from Desert Breezes (having done a trade via RCI) and had to write about how much we enjoyed our experience there! Wasn't expecting to love it as there've been a number of iffy reviews here, but stay was really terrific! As it was Sept, it was hot and not many folks were around which made the place especially quiet and restful -- perhaps that changes a lot later in the season. But we could not have been happier! The grounds are sooo well maintained and beautiful! We loved our unit overlooking the pool and small lake. Our 1-bedroom apt. was immaculate and very spacious -- with free wifi and lots of nice touches. The entry keys were easy and always worked. And we loved being in Palm Desert! Lots of great restaurants and places to explore close-by -- I'll do a full JBR for newbies. We had a sensational trip!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank S B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Desert Breezes screwed up our reservation and closed their office - we were 28 min after their closing time due to the storm so didn't inform them. We didn't intend to be late and couldn't phone during the storm.  I can understand that they are not open all night but their staff should tell evening staff if anyone did not check-in who was expected. We arrived before 9pm on a Sunday. After close to two hours of phone calls and waiting we gave up and booked Zoso, a nice hotel with a front desk open after 8pm.

We are supposed to be there for two nights but so unhappy with this experience we will not go back in the morning.

One good plus: the night security guard was great and did the best he could including letting us have people call his cell to reduce our overseas fees.

This would be so easy to amend the evening process without adding night staff.

Stayed September 2012
6 Thank Shawn_in_Aua
Seymour, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This place is great!. The unit we were in appeared like it was brand new and was spotlless. The grounds were well kept and the atmosphere was quite and relaxing. Keep in mind that this is not an all inclusive resort with a lot going on. A perfect place for a quiet get away.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Orange County, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

This was my second time to this resort. Property is very nice & well kept. Location is great plenty of great resturants and shopping close by. Pool areas have barbque for your use.

Rooms are average, but clean and well furnished. You need to request hosuekeeping & fresh towels which is fine with me. I like to keep things neat and see no reason to have someone come in mid week. We did request fresh towels and the were delivered timely.

Staff was friendly and helpful with directions etc.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Babbit06
Newton, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

As we sit here waiting for security to show up...no one in office and an hour after we called due to VERY loud music...smoke from a charcoal grill blowing into our condo...think again. After 7pm you are on you'd own. Being a seasoned time share owner for 36 years..I would seriously think again... Nice pool and cute girl taking fare of our condo..otherwise...think again. VERY DISAPPOINTING.

Room Tip: No good tips here!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank deb h
Henderson, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

There are several highs and lows for this property. I am an owner but mainly use it to trade for other resorts. We hadn't used our unit for quite some time, but wanted to do several things in the Palm Desert/Springs area, and this resort is nicely located to do the local activities.

The cons are: Thin walls and lousy furniture. We could hear every step, flush of the toilet, movement of furniture and even a little TV noise from the residents above us to the point is was incredibly annoying. It was very noisy. I think they were noisier than most as they were constantly moving furniture around, but it was irritating. We did not hear anything from the neighbor on the first floor, so that was acceptable. The furniture is horrible -- probably the most uncomfortable sofa and bed I have ever experienced. The linens included heavy duvet spreads which were ridiculous for summer in spite of the air conditioning. They need to provide a nice light-weight blanket instead. The chairs in the unit were just OK.

I had to call maintenance twice and they responded within five minutes each time, which was great. I had to call them once because the blow drier stopped working. The other time was when someone did laundry in the facility outside the first floor units, the water backed up into my kitchen sink. The maintenance man cleared the clog in the line, but it was a mess. (We also had to wait to check into the unit as they were replacing a broken microwave as well as a window shade in our unit.)

On the plus side, the pools and grounds are very nice, the staff is friendly, and this is a nice location in the area that is close to great restaurants and features. There is free wi-fi in each unit, as well as a couple computers that are free to use in the lobby library area.

I am in no rush to go back until they replace the furniture and can guarantee me a 2nd story condo so there is no one above me, Instead, we will probably use this to trade for another location.

Room Tip: Second floor condos will be much quieter.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank LeiMomiNV
Caliente, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Desert Breezes for a week. We booked the week through RCI as a timeshare trade. Desert Breezes is a very nice resort, staff very helpful and pleasant to deal with. The room (one bedroom, 2 bath) was more than adaquate. Now I'm afraid that I can't rave about Desert Breezes simply because we are use to more services at a resort. We usually visit our home resort in Cabo San Lucas and the level of service at the resort and around the pool is exceptional. Call us spoiled but what the heck, if you're going to a resort then you should be treated like a king. And I exect a restaurant on sight but there isn't. Don't get me wrong, my wife and I would go back to Desert Breezes so I don't want anyone to think it's not worth staying at. We're just spoiled. And even thought the entire staff was wonderful I just have to say that Jennifer (desk) was great.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
BEST WESTERN PLUS Palm Desert Resort
Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage
Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert
Homewood Suites by Hilton Palm Desert

Been to Desert Breezes Resort? Share your experiences!