New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Seymour, Connecticut
“Wonderful stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This place is great!. The unit we were in appeared like it was brand new and was spotlless. The grounds were well kept and the atmosphere was quite and relaxing. Keep in mind that this is not an all inclusive resort with a lot going on. A perfect place for a quiet get away.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Orange County, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

This was my second time to this resort. Property is very nice & well kept. Location is great plenty of great resturants and shopping close by. Pool areas have barbque for your use.

Rooms are average, but clean and well furnished. You need to request hosuekeeping & fresh towels which is fine with me. I like to keep things neat and see no reason to have someone come in mid week. We did request fresh towels and the were delivered timely.

Staff was friendly and helpful with directions etc.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Babbit06
Newton, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

As we sit here waiting for security to show up...no one in office and an hour after we called due to VERY loud music...smoke from a charcoal grill blowing into our condo...think again. After 7pm you are on you'd own. Being a seasoned time share owner for 36 years..I would seriously think again... Nice pool and cute girl taking fare of our condo..otherwise...think again. VERY DISAPPOINTING.

Room Tip: No good tips here!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank deb h
Henderson, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

There are several highs and lows for this property. I am an owner but mainly use it to trade for other resorts. We hadn't used our unit for quite some time, but wanted to do several things in the Palm Desert/Springs area, and this resort is nicely located to do the local activities.

The cons are: Thin walls and lousy furniture. We could hear every step, flush of the toilet, movement of furniture and even a little TV noise from the residents above us to the point is was incredibly annoying. It was very noisy. I think they were noisier than most as they were constantly moving furniture around, but it was irritating. We did not hear anything from the neighbor on the first floor, so that was acceptable. The furniture is horrible -- probably the most uncomfortable sofa and bed I have ever experienced. The linens included heavy duvet spreads which were ridiculous for summer in spite of the air conditioning. They need to provide a nice light-weight blanket instead. The chairs in the unit were just OK.

I had to call maintenance twice and they responded within five minutes each time, which was great. I had to call them once because the blow drier stopped working. The other time was when someone did laundry in the facility outside the first floor units, the water backed up into my kitchen sink. The maintenance man cleared the clog in the line, but it was a mess. (We also had to wait to check into the unit as they were replacing a broken microwave as well as a window shade in our unit.)

On the plus side, the pools and grounds are very nice, the staff is friendly, and this is a nice location in the area that is close to great restaurants and features. There is free wi-fi in each unit, as well as a couple computers that are free to use in the lobby library area.

I am in no rush to go back until they replace the furniture and can guarantee me a 2nd story condo so there is no one above me, Instead, we will probably use this to trade for another location.

Room Tip: Second floor condos will be much quieter.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LeiMomiNV
Caliente, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Desert Breezes for a week. We booked the week through RCI as a timeshare trade. Desert Breezes is a very nice resort, staff very helpful and pleasant to deal with. The room (one bedroom, 2 bath) was more than adaquate. Now I'm afraid that I can't rave about Desert Breezes simply because we are use to more services at a resort. We usually visit our home resort in Cabo San Lucas and the level of service at the resort and around the pool is exceptional. Call us spoiled but what the heck, if you're going to a resort then you should be treated like a king. And I exect a restaurant on sight but there isn't. Don't get me wrong, my wife and I would go back to Desert Breezes so I don't want anyone to think it's not worth staying at. We're just spoiled. And even thought the entire staff was wonderful I just have to say that Jennifer (desk) was great.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Ron M
Granite Bay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised when we checked in to this resort. Much nicer than in the pictures. Pools were not crowded and they keep the water temperature just right. Only complaint, and I understand it is a common one, is the noise level of the people walking around upstairs. The footsteps seemed to be amplified. Most of the staff were exceptional, one had a little bit of an attitude, but nothing to complain about. We found so much to do in the area. Used to think this area was just for lying by the pool and golfing, but we ran out of time before we were able to do half of the things that sounded like fun. We have already made reservations for next year. Read other reports of problems with the gate. We did not experience any problems with the gate or anything else.

Room Tip: Would take 2nd story room if available.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mwc5881
Fresno, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Service was impressively bad. Rooms were cramped. Most staff spoke no English at all. Front desk frequently did not pick up the phone. It became a joke to see how long it would take them to bring something we needed. The sheets took three hours, the sugar never even came ( even after two phone calls)!

• Stayed April 2012