“Disappointed”

Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Manchester Township, New Jersey, USA
“Disappointed”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

The villas was well decorated with all of the things we needed. The grounds, including the pool, was well maintained. My biggest complaint was the fact that we were there for a week and did not get a mid week cleanup. Furthermore, if we wanted fresh towels there was a $10 charge. I traded my Diamond Resort week to come to this villa. I get a midweek cleanup with Diamond, and my other timeshare (Hilton). Also, I am never charged for clean towels. I always thought Marriotta was equal to the other organizations I mentioned. I am now questioning that. Don't nickel and dime me to death. The timeshare exchange should be enough for you. This was my second trip to this resort. Was it my last?

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Frank M
Ryan N, Corporate Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you for visiting Marriott's Desert Springs Villas, Frank! We appreciate your feedback regarding the tidy service and will share this with the appropriate managers. Please know, services may be requested at any time during your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back again so we may truly exceed your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
Reviewed May 1, 2014

From check-in to check-out a triple A+ experience! Best nights sleep...btw I am buying the bedding hope it truly is the same! We were in the studio Villa...beautifully decorated, spotless..did not want to leave the unit! Very positive experience, hope to go back! The only downside is we had to go! :(

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bemarvie
Thank you for the five-star review! We are thrilled to hear you had a triple A+ experience and a great nights sleep! The bedding is certainly dreamy and we know you'll love it in your home as well. We look forward to your next visit and thank you again for your review!
Hayward California
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We last came here in 2009(see my other review) and it was a nice location, centrally located to everything and everywhere. This time we took the free internal resort shuttle from this location to go visit the property next door, Desert Springs JW Marriott Resort & Spa, and shuttled back. Took advantage of the activities for kids and teens and even adult activities @ The Shade, also known for MAZE® Kid's Zone & a Teen Den area offering indoor movies. At the large family pools (Palmeras Pool) they have movie night & daytime activities, such as Bingo, etc, to win door prizes. Jasmine Court is a quieter area. Lots of dining & shopping available and accessible with short drives to nearby cities. This trip we also went into Palm Springs to see the Marilyn Monroe statue, enjoyed the 4th of July fireworks in Palm Springs, and also took a magnificent tram ride up Mount San Jacinto, 8500 ft, on the Palm Springs Aerial rotating Tram and explored, hiked and took in the views, they also have camping and dining as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Donna Y
It sounds like you had a great time in Palm Desert, Donna! Thank you for choosing Marriott's Desert Springs and we hope to welcome you back again soon!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 27, 2014

The hotel was very average and might consider staying there again if they did not have such horribly uncomfortable sofa beds in the King room. The pullout was unbearable to sleep on. Also, had two issue while there - I had a bug bite - I called the hotel for an urgent care in the area - they told me to come back to the hotel, they would assess it and let me know if they felt I should go to Urgent Care and then would give me directions etc to get there. I came back to the hotel - all they wanted to do was file a report - they told me they had no medical training - and had no information to help me. Also, check out was 10AM never had one so early anywhere at any hotel before - when asked if we could have a late check out - I was told they were at full capacity - didn't seem right coming out of a weekend and it being a very very large property - and there was someone coming into my particular room so they could not do it. This was very disappointing since we over paid and spent over $300 a room (price jacked up because of Stage Coach Music Festival) Definitely not worth the price!

Room Tip: I you have a choice - do not pick a room with a pull out sofa - very uncomfortable and if you want a...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you for the review of Marriott's Desert Springs Villas. We are sorry to hear about your bug bit and hope you are feeling better. We will share your feedback with the front desk leadership to ensure we are providing pertinent information to guests about urgent care in a timely manner. It is also unfortunate that a late check-out was not available during your visit. The 10AM check-out allows our housekeeping team ample time to prepare the large villas for the next guest. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to exceeding your expectations on your next trip.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

This was our first time staying at a Marriott Vacation Club and I must say, we were extremely impressed. The facilities were flawless, the studio unit was great (very comfortable and well-designed) and the grounds were immaculate. The pools were awesome--we were a short (but hot!) walk from the main pool (Karla the bartender makes the best drinks!) and had a smaller, quiet pool right across from our unit.

There's even a little shop near the Villas II lobby to get basic snacks for the room. My husband and I came out to Palm Desert for the 2nd weekend of Coachella and while the shuttle ride to the festival grounds was about 25-30 minutes each way, it was easy to get to and from the JW Marriott through the resort's internal shuttle system. Since we stayed for a few days after the festival, we rented a car from the on-site Hertz at the JW and loved that we were within 10 minutes of some great restaurants. We were also pleased that there was no fee for parking at the villas. If we ever find ourselves in Palm Desert again, we'll definitely be staying here!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank marmar510
Rochester, New York
Reviewed April 23, 2014

It has been a few years since I have had the opportunity to return to Palm Desert. My favorite location are the Villas in Jasmine Court which is in the Villas II area off Hovely Road. The villa is perfect for accessibility to the Jasmine private pool and also the 2nd level porch was along the golf course. Private and accessible. Just an FYI - there aren't any elevators so pack lightly :):) The villa was perfect for myself and 2 cousins (one of which slept in the living area on the pull out couch). She said it was the most comfortable pull out she has ever slept in.

The only little glitch was the shuttle transportation. There seemed to be a few drivers who were much older who put the rest of the drivers way behind schedule. Sometimes almost an hour. We were late to our spa appointments because of this. Nothing worse then rushing to relax. UGH. Too bad but I think it should be addressed so no one else gets inconvenienced. For the most part - the younger drivers had it completely covered and were very efficient.

The main hotel is somewhat attached to the villas. You can pay an extra $10 per day to use the hotel pool - maybe more on weekends. My sister was staying at the hotel so she was able to supply us with wristbands for an afternoon of fun. The hotel pool(s) are amazing and the views are spectacular. DJ music most days and love the hot tubs (which were also at the Jasmine Court pool area). The food was always great and we loved all the sightseeing etc.

I hope others enjoy this lovely place - you just won't believe driving into the hotel and seeing Flamingos swimming, gorgeous flower beds, mountains with snow jutting up from the golf courses and yes, the amazing spa (which itself has its own pool, saunas, yummy food and great staff). Despite our late arrival for our Desert Spa Experience - we thoroughly enjoyed most of the day relaxing.

Hope this gives you a great idea of life in the DESERT!!

Room Tip: See above!! Ask for close to a quiet pool, 2nd floor overlooking the golf course. You will be good...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
We're glad to be your slice of paradise Annie! Your feedback is appreciated and we will also share your comments with our transportation team. Thank you for the five-star review and please visit us again soon at Marriott's Desert Springs Villas!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 19, 2014

The king size room they offer ( at an INSANE HIGH rate) is not at all what you think it is. You're pretty much rooming with whomever has the room next door. You hear all their conversations as if they're talking at the end of your bed and when their phone rings you jump out of your bed because it's so loud. I spoke to the manager ( who was extremely unhelpful) and said this is how their rooms are... i asked if they let their customers know before booking? she said NO, we dont let them know how paper thin the walls are. then she proceeded to put it back on me by telling me their a resort and this is what i signed up.
WRONG- for 3 nights the total cost was $1,500. I repeat, $1,500. I will add these rates reflect Coachella, however, being that this is taking place during Coachella has no bearing. Our "roommates" we're not being disruptive, they were simply having conversations.
I would highly suggest NEVER coming here. i will certainly never come back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Jenne23
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thank you for visiting Marriott's Desert Springs Villas. We apologize the accommodations did not meet your expectations and will share your feedback with the resort leadership team. Thank you again for staying with us and providing your TripAdvisor review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm Desert
#9 of 22 in Palm Desert
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I

Been to Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II? Share your experiences!