Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Embarc Palm Desert(Palm Desert)
  • Pool
Residence Inn Palm Desert(Palm Desert)
View Hotel
Courtyard Palm Desert(Palm Desert)
1,115 results
All reviewsjasmine courtvillas iibedroom villagolf coursepalmeras poolmain poolfull kitchenjw marriottmain resorttime sharedesert springsa great vacationfree shuttlecoffee makerwasher and dryerdaily activitiescorner unit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My three cousins & I booked a 2 bedroom villa here for a week in February. The resort is beautiful, rooms large and well stocked, great view of the golf course and the mountains from our balcony. We loved the Palermos Pool & spas and the daily yoga classes. We took the shuttle (which was fun in itself with our disco bus driver!) over to the the JW Marriott one evening for cocktails & dinner which were great and even rode the gondola. Great location. Staff & other guests super friendly

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank KathyO843
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Spent 4 nights at this hotel back in February. The surroundings are beautiful, and the pools are great. The water is a good temperature, it's cold enough for the desert, but not so cold you can only stay in there for a few minutes. In regards to the rooms. the pull-out couch is actually very comfortable and it is very quiet. My only complaint would be that it was extremely bright in the living room at night. I bought a sleeping mask the second night because of this and it was fine after that.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are further from the pool than others. If you want to use pool, you want to try and get a room close to it.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Allie P
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Thank you for visiting Marriott’s Desert Springs Villas! We truly appreciate your positive review and thank you for sharing your experience with fellow travelers. Please come visit us again soon!

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We loved this place. We rented a 2-bedroom/2-bath villa. It was huge! The villa was comfortable and modern. The pool was great! The kids loved hanging out in the game room. The resort is beautiful. Everything about our experience here was awesome.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 2FindMyZen
Reviewed February 22, 2014

My wife and I spend 5 days over post Christmas time and this place was great. This is our first trip to Palm Desert but won't be our last. This place is beautiful with great views. We had a one bedroom place and had all the amenities to cook if you wanted. The golf course was nice as well. There were many pools to choose from. We also went over to JW poolside and played golf. It is a very well kept place and we enjoyed our stay. The only suggestion I would have would be that there should be a larger convenience store within the property so we don't have to go out to get stuff everytime we needed something for the beautiful kitchen.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank T.B.Patriot
Reviewed February 17, 2014

The Villas II are surrounded by beautiful landscaping and a lush golf course, with incredible views of the distant mountains. While the scenery was spectacular and the common areas are well maintained, I would not recommend staying here.

Check-in was fairly slow and after endless keystrokes by the agent into her computer, I was sent out on my way. Unfortunately, the courtesy shuttle only drives around the resort every 30 minutes; without a car, I was sent out walking with my luggage in tow, walking the equivalent of two city blocks to my room.

I was very underwhelmed by my room: while it appeared relatively new, it was incredibly tiny ...and fairly dark, with a patio door opening up to a covered seating area outside. Due to the configuration of the patio, you'd need to be on it to enjoy the area views; light just doesn't get into the room.

In addition to being cramped, there is no noise insulation in the villa. I heard the most intimate moments, the loudest childs' cries and screams, and angry family members yelling at each other. The noise was so extreme that I called twice to change rooms, only to be told it wouldn't be possible.

It was warm outside and the air conditioning inside the unit did fine. Unfortunately, hot water wasn't readily available in the bathroom. I felt like a criminal in drought-stricken California to run the hot water for a several minutes in the bathroom to get mild water from the sink or warmer water from the shower.

WiFi was fine, with a good signal and good connectivity throughout the property. However, there isn't much workspace here. No desk nor comfortable work chairs: there is a tiny round table with 2 chairs against a wall. with a single electrical outlet on the wall nearby. To get work done, I'd curl up with my notebook or tablet in bed; the tiny round table just wasn't practical as a work surface.

The villas apparently cater to those there with vacation ownership programs moreso than those using the place as overflow hotel rooms for the JW resort. I'm not an "owner" yet I'd get 1-2 voicemails each day asking me to attend some type of owners event happening at the resort.

The pool area was a walk away from my villa, and like the rest of the resort was well maintained. There was ample seating and decent food/beverage service, although drink prices were on the high side.

My room rate included food credit at the pool or at the "marketplace" near the lobby, which included snacks, frozen foods, and sandwiches. Prices at this shop were comparable to lobby shop prices at other resorts.

The JW Marriott resort was about a 15-20 minute walk from my villa. It was long ...and at night, poorly lit. The resort advertises fast & friendly shuttle service around the villas and the resort, but don't believe it. The shuttles would often never come at their scheduled time. Twice I waited for more than 45 minutes for a ride; calls to the lobby were met with an unapologetic "it'll come when it comes." Once you were on the shuttle, they'd often loop around the same block a few times; I'm not sure if some of the drivers suffer from dementia or what, but there didn't seem to be much rhyme or reason for the service.

The "oh well" attitude continued when I needed a return ride after dinner from the JW ...or a return to the lobby for an early morning check-out. Each time, I was told the shuttle service doesn't operate at those times, so I need to walk. And walk I did: according to my FitBit, I walked miles during my stay. Exercise is nice, but all of this superfluous walking wasn't planned. If you opt to stay here, make sure you have a car. Or be prepared to walk and walk and walk with comfortable walking shoes.

I travel a tremendous amount at a variety of average to upscale properties. Even some of the most basic hotels have desk staff that will at least attempt to do something nice for you. Here, there is a real "I don't care" attitude and no interest to help guests with room changes or transportation within the resort grounds. I never felt like a guest here...if anything, I felt like I was inconveniencing the staff with my presence. I'll be sure not to inconvenience them in the future.

The most annoying thing I learned during my stay: I could have stayed at the JW Marriott resort for less than what I paid for at the villa. I asked if I could be moved, but was told I would have to pay for my villa stay in full in addition to the discounted resort stay, so I opted to stay put.

Room Tip: Rooms at adjacent JW Marriott resort are likely more spacious and less expensive.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
6  Thank Michael_K_SNJ
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Thank you for visiting Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II. As a loyal Tripadvisor contributor, we take your feedback seriously and apologize we were unable to exceed your expectations. The service you described is not typical of our resort experience and we appreciate you bringing it to our attention. We would welcome the chance to personally respond to your concerns and invite you to contact our Customer Care team at customer.care@vacationclub.com or by calling 800-860-9384. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to speaking with you soon.