“LOVED THIS PLACE!”

Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Palm Desert
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I go on a lot of vacations, and I truly loved our stay here. I brought 10 girls on a getaway weekend from LA and I couldn't have found a more perfect place. Full kitchens (with a warehouse in case you need something not in the room), plenty of space, beautiful scenery, comfortable beds, huge pool with volleyball (3 Hot tubs), and very accommodating staff. I ended up need quite a bit of additional blankets (we were all girls after all) and they came to our room 3 different times to help us. They never made us feel like a burden and they really made our stay comfortable. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a relaxing week!

Room Tip: Villas II is renovated and some of Villas I is not done yet. Also, I recommend asking for a room by...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We loved Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II. This was our first time staying at a condo-style vacation club resort and I think we'll do it again. Our 1 bedroom villa was absolutely beautiful. I understand this building was recently renovated and everything seemed brand new. We loved the convenience and economy of having a fully-equipped kitchen on our vacation. This helped to save some cash on breakfast and lunch so we could splurge on dinner each evening...and there are great restaurants in the area. Be advised that there is no housekeeping service unless you order/schedule it and pay for it - this worked fine for us since we didn't want any service, but travelers in need of a maid will likely balk at the prices. The Palmeras Pool is the main pool area and has several large pools and hot tubs. Lots of space and plenty of chaises. There's also a bar and grill serving delicious frozen concoctions and typical poolside fare. Convenient and friendly. We ventured over to the adjacent JW Marriott resort to use the spa and the huge resort pool. The spa was beautiful and my therapeutic massage was really wonderful. $186 for my 60-minute treatment is not cheap, but I would do it again. A word of caution: I didn't find out until I got to the spa that "therapeutic" treatments are not eligible for the 20% discount offered to villa guests. Not a big deal, but I think the attendant who took my reservation over the phone should probably have mentioned that. Still, at this level of luxury, talking dollars and cents may be taboo. Spa patrons enjoy access to a host of spa amenities for the entire day of their treatment...and one could really spend the entire day there. In addition to the thalassotherapy pools, steam rooms and saunas, the spa also has its own outdoor pool area and restaurant. Extremely luxurious and quiet. The main resort pool at the JW Marriott was great, but no more exciting or feature-filled than the Palmeras Pool at the villas, so we only spent one afternoon there. As this was our first visit to the desert, we really enjoyed exploring the Palm Springs area, but if you wanted to, you could happily spend an entire week without leaving the villas. It's a beautiful resort in its own right, made even better by what's on offer next door at the JW Marriott.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank johnnyswitzerland
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Stayed in a 2 bedroom villa from June 28 – July 5 with my brother and sister-in-law. It was wonderful; we all loved the place. Our condo was beautiful with a well equipped kitchen. We enjoyed some of the activities at the activities center (Shade) like crafts, ballroom dancing and wine tasting. We loved the pool area, and while it was very hot, there were lots of umbrellas for shade and the misters were very helpful at the poolside bar & grill. None of us play golf, but we enjoyed watching the golfers, as one of the holes was right off our patio. The staff was friendly. I had asked for a first floor unit since I can’t do stairs, and they were very accommodating. The only thing we found strange was there was no special resort activity to celebrate the 4th of July; however, from our unit we could see the fireworks from a town display. We’d love to go again sometime. I have stayed in a number of resorts (as I have a timeshare), and this is one of the nicest. Recommend it highly.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank XPEG44
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I love Desert Springs Villas II! I started coming here 7 years ago with a friend who owned a timeshare here, and have been back every year since. The location is great, the property is beautiful, and they just renovated the interior of the villas. The 2 bedroom is perfect for a family getaway with a great master bedroom, full service kitchen, and big patio. My ONLY complaint is that I don't like to take a dip in a warm pool in 112 degree heat. The kids pool was like a jacuzzi and should be kept much cooler in the summer. And 2 of the 3 other pools were far to warm as well. Turn down the heat, and I'll be happy to keep coming back!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank SBSunshine
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stayed here for a week over Memorial day and I just loved it. The villa was spacious and gorgeous. I stayed in an upstairs redecorated villa. There were other buildings I would have rather been in as far as location but it was surprisingly very quite . We stayed through an exchange on our timeshare and was surprised not one phone call asking to attend a presentation !! Will absoluetly return !!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Teners83
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I really dislike shenanigans with rates. Yes, I showed up without a reservation after the hotel where I had planned to be had air conditioning problems, and I couldn't get the room I had reserved. However, on a weekday in Palm Springs (during the summer) the hotels are falling all over themselves to get you into their properties. I had seen this place on the web (sitting in my car in a Vons parking lot trying to figure out where I was going to stay after the A/C incident). I drove over and asked for the rate I had seen on line. They couldn't help me, so I had to dig out my ipad and book the room while I was standing at the front desk - as a Marriott Gold member. NOT COOL.
Once in the room, (apartment, really) I was very content. Spacious, well appointed, and near a pool. The washer/dryer saved my trip!
Now, the pool: Yes, it was summer - and yes, the occupancy was low ... but everyone who actually was staying at the property was congregated around this one pool. There seemed to be no concerns about rowdy people drinking alcohol around a family pool in the summer heat. I only stayed out there about 30 minutes. They need better oversight and/or more assertive security guards. I also saw TONS of unsupervised kids riding around on skateboards in the parking lot and in the road that leads to the rooms.
Finally, after what ended up being a pretty nice stay, I had to leave about 2:30 in the morning, so I could be at LAX for a 6:00 AM flight. I called the front desk and asked them to email the bill; no problem they said ... 2 to 3 business days. NO NO NO, I said, just print it out and scan it in, or simply FAX me the hardcopy. Like so many people these days, the desk staff couldn't think that far outside of the box - and said I had to drive around to pick up my copy of the bill - which I needed immediately for submission to my company.
When I got home, I called the General Manager; "Seriously?" I asked. She told me it was for security - how do they know it isn't just ANYONE calling for my bill. I said that I had called from my suite at 2:30 in the morning - and who else would be in my suite at 2:30 in the morning wanting a bill? "Oh", she said - she didn't understand that I had actually called from my suite. She agreed that her personnel probably should have connected the dots, and made that bill available some way or another.
So ... in summary. Do away with the funny-business on the rates, monitor the pool, and give the employees a bit of latitude ... this will be a phenomenal place.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Boeing767
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience at Marriott's Desert Springs. This is not typical of the guest experience at our resort and we would appreciate an opportunity to personally address your concerns. Please contact us at customer.care@vacationclub.com or at 800 860 9384. We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

This was our first time at the Marriott Desert Springs Villas II and we couldn't have been happier. We enjoyed a 2BR on the second floor with a terrific golf/mountain view. The villa had been recently remodeled and was fresh and up-to-date. We were four adults and had plenty of room. There was construction in the building behind us, however, when we were on our terrace, we couldn't hear a thing. We didn't visit the main pool area, just the smaller one next to our villa. It was small, but there weren't that many people there any time we visited. Sometimes, when they were placing items in the dumpsters or picking up trash, it could be a little loud. Although, we didn't attend any of the events at The Club house, I was surprised at how many events they had for children of all ages. The Tennis Club house and courts were fantastic, as well a the golf. Any staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. We had a wonderful relaxing week and would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I
Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages

Been to Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II? Share your experiences!