“A very nice time on my first visit to Palm Springs”

Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Clearwater, Florida
“A very nice time on my first visit to Palm Springs”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

A friend and I stayed in the Villas II 9/26/12 to 9/30/12. We had a 2-bedroom suite which was very nice sized. The bedrooms, bath, kitchen and living area were all very well done. We were only using the villa as a bedroom as we were sightseeing the entire time. We also did not bother having midweek housekeeping. The view from our balcony was very nice. The grounds were all immaculate, and the resort itself was amazing to see on our short visit there. If there was a small negative, it was that the furnishings in the living areas was somewhat dated. Again, though, we were not in the room very much. The resort staff was pleasant to work with. We had no problems during our stay. We did not use room service or the spa.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank paradiseguy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
hilton head island
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I will be the first to admit, when we were scheduled for a working vacation in Palm Desert I wasn't sure if I even wanted to go. Typically, my ideal vacation is on a beach. But, work was involved, kinda had to go, so I went with low expectations but trying to make the best of it. I was very pleasantly surprised!! The resort was gorgeous, the rooms very spacious, spotlessly clean, and comfortable. The beds were great, I loved the large bathrooms, and the views of the mountains behind the golf course was pretty spectacular. I enjoyed the pools, we spent a day at the JW Marriott spa (which is connected to the property) which was sublime. We definitely were some of the youngest people there, and we are early 40's, but it was fine, most of the older people were partying harder than we ever do!!

It doesn't have free daily housekeeping which is a bummer, and the rules were a little obscure regarding the use of JW Marriott amenities which was a little annoying. Other than those 2 things it was an excellent stay, and I might even go back.

2 Thank bugtussle85
Palm Desert, California
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at this property and will NEVER stay here again. Spent one thousand dollars for a two BR villa for three nights. Chose this property because I am practicing to play in a golf tournament upon my return to Miami. I am a beginner golfer and was planning on using the driving range every day while here. They closed the driving range with no announcement beforehand to their guests. I went to the front desk to say how disappointed I was and they said they would see what they could do for me. They NEVER followed up. I finally called and spoke to a manager named Petra. She said too bad and there was nothing she was going to do for me except give me a break on my bike rental. Really? A thirty dollar break for a ruined trip?

I told them they should post on their website so that people booking villa would be alerted to the fact that the driving range is unavailable the next 25 days. She said that is not going to happen. They would rather deceive you and take your money. Unprofessional handling of my situation and the JW Marriott has lost a customer for life.

Room Tip: Find another place.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Chris C
Reviewed October 27, 2012

A nice quiet place although feels like being a fugitive in a retirement village. As our average age was 40 we felt positively juvenile that does not happen often. Housekeeping was lax, however the staff were lovely. Not sure I would return!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Tracyonhols
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights on a road trip. The room was a 1 bdrm master suite which was very clean and had just about all the amenities in the kitchen (no hot mitts).

I loved the large soaker tub and the deck overlooking the golf course was wonderful for the end of the day drink.

However the furniture in the living room was really not that comfortable for an evening of watching tv (which is was we like to do after a day of golfing). We made due and stacked the pillows so it wasn't so bad.

The only "issue" we had with this resort was checking out. For express checkout, the card by the phone in your room says dial *22, hang up and you're done. Front desk says dial *66....and the message left on our phone by check out staff says dial *521. Huh??

We called the front desk and she checked us out the night before we left. But at 7:10am the day we were to leave, housekeeping showed up at our door. Seriously??

Management needs to work on this.

1 Thank Mrs. Richardson
Freehold, NJ
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed at Villas II in early October, 2012.This is a Marriott Vacation Club (timeshare) property. Our Villa had two bedrooms, two full bathrooms, a full kitchen, living room and dining area. This villa had been recently renovated, something Marriott does on a regular rotation. A flat screen TV in each bedroom plus one in the living room provided enough sleeping space and entertainment for a family of six to eight.

The Villas II are part of a huge sprawling resort which also features Villas I and the JW Marriott Desert Springs Hotel. There is a magnificant Spa on the property along with two first class golf courses. If you have never been to the Palm Springs area for vacation, you will be surprised by the natural beauty that surrounds you.

The Villas II has its own complex of pools and plenty of free lounge chairs, umbrellas and towels to help you enjoy the clear, sunny desert sky. Shop-a-holics will find everything from premium outlets to El Paseo which is a Rodeo Drive like boulavard in Palm Desert. It seems every famous designer has a shop on El Paseo.

The great weather supports a wide variety of outdoor activities and plenty of ways to revive in this luxurious setting. And, when it's time to eat, there are hundreds of restaurants to choose from. Everything from Fast Food to Gourmet.

Room Tip: Most all the Villas line the golf course and there are no high rise units. Two floors to choose from...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank SandMike
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We spent 2 weeks here divided between villas 1 & 2 although with the villas 2 you have to pay to use the hotels main pool but didn't,t bother us as the pool at villas 2 is just as nice.The apartment was a remodelled one with a view of the mountains and the golf course, it was perfect.The staff are very courteous although having the apartment serviced would have been nice.Will definitely be back !

Room Tip: Think the Upstairs units are best.
1 Thank Derek P
Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I

Been to Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II? Share your experiences!