All reviews front desk pancake machine yogurt sink area palm springs the breakfast area free breakfast rancho mirage first floor nice pool hot breakfast indian wells tennis courts lobby desert festival shampoo
Reviewed November 1, 2018

I stayed for six nights at this hotel, not the original plan but it ended up that way. Javier and the front desk staff were fantastic. Breakfast was normal HIE fare with yummy cinnamon rolls, turkey/pork sausage, eggs, fruit, yogurt, etc. The pool was clean and plenty of loungers and some shade this time of year with few guests. Guest room was well equipped with comfortable NEW beds and generally clean.

As others have said in reviews, the aircon is noisy. That is a good thing when a.
noisy basketball team is in the hotel but not so great on a daily basis requiring a high volume level on the TV which surely affects your neighbors.

Location is convenient to shopping and dining.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Andrea C
CraigG2169, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn Express PALM DESERT.
Again, thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed October 25, 2018

The hotel has been almost renovated, and we were allocated to a refurbished room, complete with a safe ( a must have nowadays for travellers) . By the looks of it, only the reception area and breakfast area to be finished.
It was very clean throughout despite work going on. We didn’t experience any noise either from the work or traffic noise. Black curtains surround the area where work is being undertaken so no impact on those staying in the hotel. Breakfast was good. Lady always checking things and filling up. Tables are a little tight, but guests always managed to get a seat whilst we were there. The pool area was nice, had chairs,tables and beds. It’s a great location to walk to a number of restaurants and shops. Look forward to visiting again when the work is complete.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2018 via mobile

As a very frequent traveler (80,000+ TripAdvisor reviews) we found this hotel to be just right. I read the previous review (Oct. 17th) that complained about the small sink area. Yes. It’s not that big but my wife and I don’t use the sink at the same time and therefore it’s fine.
The beds are very comfortable, the room was quite, the breakfast very good and the location perfect.
There is no doubt we’ll stay here the next time we go to Palm Desert. You won’t be disappointed.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
CraigG2169, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2018

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at Holiday Inn Express PALM DESERT.
I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. We strive to make each stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, and we will use your comments to coach our team in order to provide a better experience in the future.
Again, thank you for sharing your comments, and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed October 17, 2018 via mobile

Reasonable price considering the excellent location. We got there a bit early and our room wasn’t ready. We asked if we could change to a room that was ready and were told our room had one of the best views on the hotel, overlooking the pool. OK, we waited, only to find out that better view also looked out at a large electrical substation. Ugh. But, the tiny sink area was likely the smallest we’ve seen except for some tiny hotel rooms in Europe. (See attached photo. For two people, it made it challenging to get ready each morning - we had to do it in shifts. Hotel staff was friendly, free breakfast decent. But, given a choice, we’d rather pay more for a larger bathroom area.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
CraigG2169, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your business and feedback.

Reviewed October 15, 2018

I have stayed twice at the Holiday Inn Palm Desert - once in August and again for 2 nights in September. Front Desk is friendly and courteous. Rooms are clean and modern and some have a balcony for the cooler months. I did my laundry on the 2nd floor machines and there was no one else using the washer or dryers. Free Parking. Breakfast was standard HIE - but a good way to start the day. Free local and USA today newspapers. Enjoyed my stay and close to the El Paseo shopping area.

Date of stay: September 2018