The Westin Desert Willow Villas(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$165
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $162/night.

$100
$89
Homewood
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $110/night.

Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$164
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $133/night.

Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$89
$159
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $230/night.

Marriott's Shadow Ridge II- The Enclaves(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$129
$109
Best Western Plus Palm Desert Resort(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$90
Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$119
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$148
$109
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $123/night.

All reviewsfront deskpancake machineyogurtsink areapalm springsthe breakfast areafree breakfastrancho miragefirst floornice poolnice stayindian wellstennis courtslobbydesertfestivalshampoo
Reviewed March 12, 2010

The front desk clerk argued with me when I asked why our room had not been cleaned. She told me there was a do not disturb sign on the door when in fact there was not. At 8:30 AM the maid knocked on our door and I said we would be leaving the room soon, and to come back in a few minutes. She did not speak english so I assume she didn't understand me. Reguardless the creep at the front desk just started telling me it was my fault and did nothing to try and see if I needed anything. Overall the place needs some sprucing up.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank sanderHoliday
Reviewed March 7, 2010

First the positives -- building is set back from the highway so very quiet. Location in Palm Desert is great as far as I am concerned -- just east of the El Paseo district and the mall and other retail. Front desk service was fine and the room was spotless and well appointed ( a little small but we had a big discount so no complaints there).

A couple qualified negatives -- nice variety of foods for breakfast but eggs and sausage are not restaurant quality. Tennis court needs sprucing up to match the attractiveness of the rest of the site.

More details:

Room -- Drapes were perfectly clean and there was no hint of smoke odor during our stay. First floor rooms have a nice little patio (not private) and upper floors have balconies. We were disappointed that there were no L.A. channels on the TV (wanted to see the Laker game). There were two premium channels (HBO and HBO family) along with the usual basic cable stuff -- lots of sports. The TV is on a swivel so it would be very easy to hook up a portable DVD player. Beds were comfortable. Bathroom has a fan but no heater / heat lamp.

Breakfast -- Eggs seemed like they were re-constituted; sausage was fine. The cinnamon rolls are quite good. There were mini-muffins, bagels, and bread to toast -- but a not a big selection. The milk in my wife's carton was very spoiled though no one else seemed to have that problem.

Pools and exercise room -- didn't check those out....

Neighborhood -- right next door to a Best Western; full service grocery across the street and several fast food, pizza, and coffee shop type restaurants close by.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2010

We got a good deal through Hotwire who claimed this to be a three star hotel. While the outside of the hotel and lobby are very nicely appointed, our room was quirky and more like a two star establishment. Nothing special. All the rooms were supposed to be non-smoking, but ours definitely smelled like smoke. My guess is someone nearby was smoking on their small patio and it wafted in.

Breakfast was just OK, and though they keep the coffee carafes in the lobby stocked all day, the coffee was awful. To me the staff was polite, but not overly welcoming. Perhaps we were pegged as Hotwire customers?

Funny story: on our way to check out the elevator wouldn't come to the third floor. Turns out it was getting serviced, so we had to lug our bags down two flights of stairs. No one offered to help us. Basically we got what we paid for.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2010

Our stay at the Holiday Inn Express was wonderful! Jay, the manager, was available and on-site, checking the breakfast bar, speaking with guests, and making certain all was well! We asked for the tennis court to be cleaned, and the court was blown and cleared of leaves by 10:00--our playing time!! We asked for a late check-out, and we were accommodated. Rooms were clean, beds comfortable, and all connected with the hotel were friendly and willing to help with any requests. There are restaurants within walking and driving distance, and offer a varied menu. All 4 of us will return to stay again!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 17, 2010

My husband and I travel frequently and I have never written a review, but I would like to take the time to applaud this hotel.

From the minute we checked in, every employee that we came in contact with was both friendly and helpful. We are tennis players and try to stay at hotels with courts. My husband went down early one morning to check the court out and found that there were fallen leaves all over it. I called the front desk to ask them if it was possible to blow the court off. When we walked down to the court to hit ten minutes later, it was spotless. The complimentary hot breakfast was also well stocked and so much nicer than the standard "continental breakfast" and the hotel common areas, the rooms, the grounds, and the pool area were spotless!!

I would like to thank Jay and the rest of his staff for being so accommodating!! This will be a "long weekend" destination for us frequently!!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple