Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage
Comfort Suites Palm Desert I-10(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$105
$83
$319
JW Marriott
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Residence Inn Palm Desert(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$109
$99
Embarc Palm Desert(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$249
Hotels.com
Courtyard Palm Desert(Palm Desert)
$99
International Hotel & Suites(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$55
The Inn at Deep Canyon(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$89
Travelocity
Shadow Mountain Resort and Club(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$83
TripAdvisor
Mojave Resort(Palm Desert)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront deskpancake machineyogurtsink areapalm springsthe breakfast areafree breakfastrancho miragefirst floorflat screen tvhot breakfastthe room was nicenice stayindian wellstennis courtsdaniellobby
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 31, 2008

This is an exemplary Holiday Inn Express, both good and bad.

Good:
* Large, clean rooms
* Good location of highway with lots of restaurants/facilities nearby. Palm Springs not too far away, Joshua Tree within driving distance
* Free internet (though wifi was slow at nights, probably too many people using it)
* Refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker etc in room.

Bad:
* Breakfast is free but very limited and unappealing, to the point we skipped it entirely
* Laundry facilities only had one machine/drier. Took 3-4 hours to find an open spot.

Overall, very decent choice.

rates: quoted price of $105 was very high, in my mind, Got a much better deal through priceline name your own. Area is full of similar motels and I struggle to believe there's a marked difference between this hotel and the nearby courtyards, comfort inns etc.

Stayed: December 2008
Reviewed December 29, 2008

We stayed recently at this hotel over the thanksgiving break. The hotel is well located on the main highway 111 and is close to everything. There are a lot of things to do nearby, like the palm springs tramway, casinos etc.

The rooms are decent size and clean. Hotel has a great spa and pool. Sometimes the hot tub/jacuzzi temperature was really high (you could boil in the water or get 2nd degree burns), but management fixed it promptly once we and other guests pointed it out. Morning breakfast is scrumptious but gets very crowded between 9am and 10am. The front desk staff is not that friendly (they did not greet us on check in and check out etc.), but the house cleaning staff is great.

Good hotel to stay on your visit to the palm springs area if you want to be close to attractions and are looking for a good deal.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 17, 2008

Needed a place to stay for a night while traveling east out of California and thought I'd give this Holiday Inn Express a try.

Front desk help was kind and considerate when I checked in but that is about where the pluses ended at this hotel.

All I can say is this place is worn and in terrible need of a complete makeover. Probably was a nice place to stay say 10+ years ago but today it really shows its age. Room smelled when I opened the door (thought it was cigarette smoke but I think it was due to microwave popcorn that is available to Priority Club members to use in the room). Room just looked used and old. Shower curtains looked dirty and the showerhead did not work properly. Figured I'd just deal with it.

Turned on the television and learned that half of the channels, namely the local ones were not quite right. I wanted to just relax, watch some local news and call it a night. Unfortunately the sound did not match the picture (big delay between sound and picture - similar to watching an old Kung Fu movie). Also the volume could not be turned up to an appropriate level. Called the front desk and a hotel workman showed up, nice guy, just didn't speak much english. Basically he did nothing and then said "I'll be back." He never returned.

Breakfast was o.k., nothing super. Bagels, toast, bananas, eggs and sausage.

I really hate to complain but I'd recommend to find somewhere else to stay or maybe spend a little more and get a nicer hotel. This is now my second unsatisfactory stay at a Holiday Inn Express. I've come to the conclusion most of them are old and their best days are way behind them.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank hondast1100
HIEPalmDesert, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2008

Dear Guest,

Thank you for you feed back on your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the age and condition of the hotel. You will be happy to hear that over the last month, we have replaced all our bed sets with new pillow top mattresses and replaced the guest room carpet in all of our rooms. We are also happy to share that our television issues have been resolved. We have recently programmed all our channels to satellite for a new crisp clear viewing.
I do hope you will try our hotel again and if you do I believe your experience will be much different.

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 12, 2008

one night stay via Priceline. Arrived after 10pm and drove passed the driveway because of construction barricades and the appearance of parking lot paving during the day. After driving around the block, I realized there was only one driveway, the one I just drove by. Saw a twelve foot opening and finally in the lot. Quiet, checkin was no problem, third floor king size room. AC was noisy, but cooled the room. The hotel is across the street from a Albertson's supermarket (open till midnight). Location wise, this place is the furthest south of everything, drove by closer hotels and it felt like I kept driving and driving. Place is ok, but would be nice to stay closer to the main drag.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for you positive feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I am sorry that you were not as close as you would have liked to have been to the destination of you choice. I am pleased to announce that our parking lot will repaving will be completed by Friday November 20th, and that it will be completely open to all guest with no obstructions. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed September 23, 2008

A great place to stay and the free hot breakfast is a nice touch. The only downside is that the hotel backs on to an electrical substation, so the breathtaking mountain views are compromised somewhat. However, this isn't a resort kind of hotel (although the pool is nice), so it wasn't an issue for us at all. It's an excellent choice if you're out and about all day and looking for somewhere clean, safe and comfortable to sleep with a terrific central location. Rooms have a fridge, microwave, coffee-maker, iron and ironing board and hairdryer. Free internet is available on the second floor and there are free safes at the front desk for your valuables. All that plus friendly, helpful staff - really, what more could you want?

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the positive feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our deluxe hot breakfast. We hope to see you again in the future.