WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Murrieta, California
“The Colony Gals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

We are a group of friends (16-20) who enjoy spending time in the Palm Desert area including an overnight at The Holiday Inn Express Pal, Desert. We have spent the last four years at this hotel because of its excellent staff and the personal services they have provided us. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: When we stay at this hotel we request rooms surrounding the meeting room which we utilize following...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank TheColonyGals
Luis V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dear ColonyGals,

Thank you very much for your review and comments...all are truly appreciated. Our location is clearly one of our biggest draws and the service we provide is crucial to keep discriminating guests returning year after year. We are very proud to be your hotel of choice in Palm Desert.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Czech first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I was very pleased with my recent hotel stay. The front desk staff made me feel very welcome and were helpful. Carlos was able to point out several recommendations, even gave me a discount coupon and he also told me several points of interest. The room was very well appointed and the property is in great condition. Also, the breakfast was great. Overall this hotel and it's staff blew away my expectations. Thank you!

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Luis V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Goldtrigger,

We very much appreciate your kind comments about our hotel. Our goal is to always provide the finest accommodations and the highest service level at the Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert. We are very happy that we were able to exceed and “blew away your expectations”. I will make certain that Carlos is made aware of your compliments.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I was very pleased with my one night stay with at the Holiday Inn at Palm Desert. The night manager Charlene was so nice and welcoming when we arrived for a late check-in at midnight. Room was nice and clean. Definitely recommend staying here! My boyfriend and I will come back to this hotel in the future

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Luis V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Kherf22,

We very much appreciate your compliments about our staff and hotel. I will make sure that Charlene is made aware of the great service she provided to you.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

I wanted to express my appreciation for the continental breakfast staff (Patty) were very helpful and deserve a great deal of praise for their excellent costumer service. To management and your staff for making my stay a great one, I will defenlenty be staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Palm Desert again, thank you.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Luis V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear ayoobriannaaa,

Thank you very much for your 5 star rating of your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert We do very much appreciate your ranking of our hotel.

My staff does a great job and we are proud of them, I have shared your compliments with the staff and Patty. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize her for a job well done!!

Thank you again for your outstanding review!!
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stayed here six nights in March while attending some professional training. It was very convenient and they offer a convenient hotel shuttle to and from the Palm Springs airport. Rooms were nice size and very comfortable with nice large bathroom, chair and ottoman, good size desk, and a balcony to sit on. They have the best free breakfast I have ever had, including omelets, bacon, sausage and pancakes. The pool was enjoyable and in an inner courtyard area. Gym was adequate. There was a nice value diner within five minute walking distance and also a Mexican restaurant about a 10 minute walk away. Shopping center with pharmacy and grocery across the street.

Room Tip: Upstairs on the third floor was very quiet. It is set back about a block from the busy boulevard.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank drpass
Dear drpass,

Thank you for taking the time to share your six days business experience with us. The service culture at the Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert is predicated on a commitment to excellence that is personal, detail-oriented and always delivered in a warm and friendly manner. If we exceeded your expectations, I'm thrilled to hear it. That's our goal for every guest, no matter what their expectations are entering our property.

Thanks for sharing this with us and we will see you next time!
Diamond Luv
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I traveled to Palm Desert for an event at the McCallum Theater and I chose this place because it's nearby. I've stayed at several Holiday Inn properties in my travels and they usually are predictable. This place was an exception. I was turned off the moment I got to the front desk: the clerk acted strangely and was very rude. As I registered, he said something to me about a problem with my credit card. Even though I knew there was no problem with my card, I gave him another credit card, just so that I could check in and get settled in my room. I didn't need to deal with such drama. The room was average. For the price, the hotel did not offer much, except for snotty personnel. I would not recommend this place. It was the worst Holiday Inn property that I stayed at.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Luis V, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Diamond-Luv,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel in Trip Advisor. I want to apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. Clearly what you describe is far below the expectations that we have and not indicative whatsoever of what our typical guest feedback is. I have shared your comments with my front desk staff.
Again, thank you for your comments.
St. Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Spotlessly clean, fantastic location near great shopping and lots of interesting restaurants, and a super-friendly staff...what more can I say?! The price is a bargain for this area...would not stay anywhere else when I am in Palm Desert.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms overlooking the pool have a beautfiul of the mountains in the distance!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LuckyDucky4
Dear LuckyDucky4,

Well, you said it all!! We do appreciate the kind words regarding the hotel, location and staff. We take pride in making sure that our service skills and guest satisfaction is the best and unforgettable!