All reviews front desk pancake machine yogurt sink area palm springs the breakfast area free breakfast rancho mirage first floor nice pool hot breakfast indian wells tennis courts lobby desert festival shampoo
Reviewed June 24, 2011

We stayed here for three nights and on the whole were happy. However swimming pool area rather dirty and on Saturday (all afternoon) they had some idiot DJing and blasting music in the pool area which was so loud I gave up and went back to the room! I really don't mind music by the pool, but this was rediculous! Also loads of kids drinking beer and doing shots by the pool which was a little worrying given they were around young childrent. We did have an issue with cockroaches in our bathroom which made me a little uncomfortable! Restaurant and bar good as was the location.

Date of stay: June 2011
1  Thank JoShay23
Reviewed April 13, 2011

Hotel staff was very friendly! The rooms are average, a bit small, but comfortable. Coffee 24/7 with a nice little selection of flavored creamers was a really nice touch . We thoroughly enjoyed this stay and would stay here again.

1  Thank djohnson760
Reviewed April 6, 2011

I can't believe Holiday Inn Express would attach their name to this run down hotel. I'm a Priority Club member, travel often, and stay in Holiday Inns all over.
The rooms are small, bathrooms tiny, sinks are outside the bathroom, and very tiny.
They do try to keep it clean, but frankly, the hotel needs a complete overhaul.
I would never stay there again. Poor value for the money.

2  Thank Dixtraveler
Reviewed April 3, 2011

Where do I start. How about the TV circa 1980 or perhaps the torn and ripped carpet or the dirty, torn curtains, broken door on the armoire. How about the towel rack in the bathroom that was "fixed" by maintenance, but put back up at least an inch off horizontal...nice, real nice! Oh, did I mention the non grouted tiles in the bathroom? But wait, there's more! We left our room early and returned at 5:30 p.m. to an uncleaned room. When I went to the front desk to inquire, the clerk asked if we had kept the privacy sign on our door. When I told her no, her only response was "well, housekeeping must have been cleaning the other rooms for the incoming guests." She had no apology and no further ideas for a resolution, except recommended we talk to the General Manager in the morning. Really! Does anyone around here know Hotel hospitality 101? We travel a lot and have stayed in standard, business and high end hotels, but this hotel ranks right next to the crappy youth hostel I stayed at in NYC when I was 19! The fitness room had 1 beat up stationary bike, 1 treadmill of the same quality and 1 old stair stepper. I suppose the hotel feels that's good enough to check the box on a fitness center. Shame on expedia for the 3 star rank! To bad for Holiday Inn, as after my experience here in Palm Desert, they're completely off my list of places to stay in the future. In the hotel business, cleanliness, courtesy and consistency are tops. The Holiday Inn Express in Palm Desert missed the mark on all 3!

4  Thank Onedazedrunr
Reviewed March 9, 2011

This hotel was pretty nice. At first I was off put by the fact that this Holiday Inn is not remodeled or new. It looked outdated upon arrival however the rooms are decent and the breakfast buffet was plentiful despite the fact the hotel was at full capacity. Very comfortable beds with great linens. My bathroom was tiny but the water pressure was great as well as modern/curved shower curtain. The A/C was wonderful; very effective. TV was small and not flat screen. Room had a micro and mini fridge which is always nice. Pillows were lumpy and not down however they weren't the worse I ever slept on. I found the room to be very clean and it smelled fresh which is a big plus for me. Overall it was a good experience and I would probably stay here again if I am looking to stay in palm springs on a budget. If you can splurge you might want a resort because this place is very bare bones. The pool is small, not heated, and sits next to a power generator. It was cold when we were there so it didn't matter much however, if you want to lounge by the pool you might be a little disapointed.

Date of stay: February 2011