$117
$179
Homewood
$188
$149
Comfort Suites Palm Desert I-10(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$148
$119
ComfortSuites
Best Western Plus Palm Desert Resort(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$132
$127
Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$209
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$225
$209
Residence Inn Palm Desert(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$289
Priceline
The Westin Desert Willow Villas(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$500
$189
Cancelon
  • Pool
2,487 results
All reviewsrockwood grilllobby barsushi bargolf courseboat rideexotic birdsself parkingpink flamingosbusiness conferencefisherman's landingpalm springsdesert springsmini golfpool areabeautiful groundsfitness centerspring break
Reviewed May 29, 2010

Stayed here for 4 nights and the resort is beautiful on the outside, lobby and public areas. The hallways to the rooms are very old and worn looking, which carries into the rooms as well. Furnishings were extremely outdated. The pool area was very loud and annoying (to the point we couldn't even keep our deck door open) but then it quieted down later Sunday and into the first of the week. Other reviews spoke of drunk people at the pool - we never came close to this, since it took at least 30 minutes each time a drink was ordered. On a better note, the spa was really nice - I had the Desert Signature treatment (with Dale) and it was one of the best treatments I have ever experienced. The Palm Desert area is very beautiful and I would love to return, but would definately choose a different hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 21, 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights to celebrate our anniversary and we were blown away by the beautiful grounds, lobby and service! We were expecting everything to be pricey (and it was). The price would have been totally justified if only the rooms matched the 5 star experience of everything else. They were subpar at best, and I say that not only because they gave us a room on the 4th floor overlooking a roof. Cheap, old furniture and tacky gold picture frames - what's the deal?!

We ate at Tuscany's and the food, ambiance and service were superb! We mentioned it was our anniversary and our server not only gave us a very nice bottle of balsamic vinaigrette, but a complimentary dessert with candles!

I especially loved all the birds inside and outside! Even the ducks that swam in the pool with me! The grounds were jaw dropping gorgeous and their landscaping budget must be through the roof! We spent hours walking the property and had so much fun taking tons of pictures! The only other complaint I have is that the gondolas were not operating on either night we were there. The concierge and bell men both confirmed that they would be operating, but later there was a sign posted saying it was not operating due to "weather" - however is was sunny calm and beautiful outside. Such a disappointment because that was one of the things we were looking forward to doing most and the reason we decided to make reservations to dine on property.

Oh I guess do have another complaint… Beware of the music service through the TV!! They say you have 5 minutes free and anything over is sometime like $15! We were sampling some of our old favorite songs and when it got to 5 minutes there was no prompt to ask us if we wanted to continue and purchase the music service, so we immediately turned it off. Sure enough the next day we were charged the whole $15 for 3 seconds of music enjoyment. What a rip off!!

Don’t worry JW, I would still recommend you to anyone with deep pockets! :)

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2010

Awesome resort, if you didn't know you were in the desert you might think you're in Hawaii, then again, about this time of year the heat really turns up and soon it will be over 100 degrees at midnight! Superb service and amenities, complete with some very nice rooms and a balcony, with bathrooms big enough to accompany additional guests, about the only thing missing in the bathroom was a phone and TV. Nice glass shower plus a bathtub, seperate toilet, and a double sink vanity area that might as well have a chair. Remember, this is a big named resort and with it comes the big prices for food and drinks.....all of which are very good as well as expensive. Please note: there is a Ralph supermarket about a half block away if that's a consideration. A special shout-out of sincere "thanks" to front desk manager Lidia, she was instrumental in making our stay that much more special. Overall, this is a great resort to enjoy, one thing that I found a little odd, the specialty shops within this resort open around 11am and close around 4pm.......good thing shopping is really not a problem throughout the Palm Springs area, hope you too enjoy your vacation at this beautiful resort!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 15, 2010

I really enjoyed my time at the JW Marriott Resort and Spa. The beds were very comfortable and the room was nice, the balcony was wonderful. The property was clean and beautiful. The pool was nice, but the service was slow. If you are in need of a quiet time don't go to this pool on Saturday's it was like Rehab at the Hard Rock in Vegas. The Spa was one of the better resort Spas that I have been to, beautiful and a great staff. We golfed at the golf courses and they were great, very well kept and Patsy is a gem. This is one of the better Marriotts that I have been to. Caution: There is a bar called Costa's on site so there is a younger crowd here. Tip: Go to Castelli's for dinner its on 111 and it is absolutely wonderful.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2010

We have always loved the location of the JW Marriott. We have stayed at the Villas as well which is a different experience altogether - like renting a condo. We stayed at the JW Resort for Mother's Day weekend. From the moment we checked in until we left, the staff was extremely polite and accomodated our every need. They continually greeted us by name, asked if we needed anything and wished me a happy Mother's Day when they saw me with my 3 year old son.

Our room had a signature view - which is a king size bed room with a view of the pools, lake and golf course. The room was spacious, clean and well kept. Not your updated, luxurious or trendy room, but elegant and clean. I would rate this hotel 4 stars. As you can tell from my other contributions, we have stayed at resorts and hotels from all ends of the spectrum.

The room provided a desk, two chairs, a couch, coffee table, 6 magazines, flat screen TV and locked mini bar (so kids cannot get to it). The bathroom was nice (not ultra luxurious but clean) with stand up tiled shower separate to the tub - old but clean, two sinks, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, q-tips, cotton balls (no shower cap and no shower gel), ample towels.

The hotel does charge an optional $25 per day "Resort Fee" which includes self parking which alone costs $12.95/day, Mini Golf for kids and adults, Internet usage in room (also costs $12.95/day), storage of golf clubs........

The pools in the main area (Oasis) were horribly crowded on Saturday and looked like a wild meat factory! It was filled with young and middle aged wild people who looked like they drink and party too much. It was loud, noisy, and just not what you expect for a get away!! I also do not like to expose my child to such vulgar language and conduct. They actually have to post guards at each gate opening to search purses for alcohol etc...!!! They even provided us with a list of pool rules when we check in. I have never seen such a thing! Reminding us to keep our clothes on, to order one drink at a time, to not use vulgar language etc......... it is obviously a problem at this hotel. I saw it with my own eyes. Thank God we found the Springs Pool hidden away from the vulgarity. We had a wonderful time with other families and had excellent service. The food by the pool was also very reasonably priced for a resort.

The Hotel grounds are beautiful and it is a shame that people from the party scene end up coming there. The DJ at the main pools was so loud, that if you are looking for a peaceful getaway, you have no choice but to subject yourself to nightclub music.

On Sunday and Monday the resort was transformed into a peaceful atmosphere and was wonderful.

Tips - there are no DVD players in the room nor upon request, so bring your own for the kids. They will provide a refrigerator upon request.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family