I came here with my partner, as he had a conference and my job allows me to work from practically anywhere. Palm Springs area is one of my favorites. I have never stayed here before, so it was all new to me and trying to get my bearings on how to get around took a day or so.
Our room was fairly big with a balcony overlooking the golf course, over on the left side of the property. I would have chosen a higher floor and facing west or east to get some sunlight. However, it was free and I was not about to complain.
There's a parking structure and I highly recommend you use it, since it gets hot and if you have leather seats, well it goes without saying. The elevator leaves you right in the middle of the ballrooms from the parking structure.
The place is really big and my only disappointment was the size of the pools. They seem small for such a huge property. The main pool which is in the middle is a zoo and full of kids. I avoided it like the plague!
There's a Starbucks and a really good sushi restaurant in the lobby, great to grab something to eat between meals.
I highly recommend you eat at the Italian restaurant, Tuscany, the food was amazing.
Overall, this place is beautiful and if you are looking for an all inclusive place that you don't have to drive anywhere, the J.W. Marriott does a good job at that.
There are a lot of families, partially, I think it was the spring break, so there were a lot of kids but our room was quiet, not once did I hear anything outside.
If you do stay here, make sure there are no conferences scheduled.
I personally cannot justify paying $300+ a night for a hotel room, when there are other properties in town that are closer to P.S. and suit my needs, however with that said, If I can find a deal, I would stay here for a few days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to your go-to desert playground. From the moment you approach the palm-lined path leading to JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa, the excitement begins. Our Palm Desert hotel has it all, including an active lobby complete with gondolas and meandering waterways, six restaurants serving everything from fresh sushi to locally sourced culinary delights, two championship golf courses, and spacious guest rooms. After an exhilarating day of playing and exploring, you may recharge at Spa Desert Springs, or soak up the sun at any of our four pools with gorgeous views of the nearby mountains. Adding to your options are an onsite fitness center, extensive tennis center and volleyball courts, and a nearby jogging path. Our JW Marriott also features 210,000 square feet of dazzling event space for weddings and conferences. Play in style, experience JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotwire, Booking.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Springs Jw Marriott Resort And Spa
- Desert Springs Jw Marriott Hotel Palm Desert
- Jw Marriott Palm Desert
- Marriott Palm Desert
- Palm Desert Marriott
- Jw Marriott Desert Springs