JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
Embarc Palm Desert(Palm Desert)
  • Pool
Residence Inn Palm Desert(Palm Desert)
View Hotel
Courtyard Palm Desert(Palm Desert)
2,416 results
All reviewsrockwood grilllobby barsushi bargolf courseboat rideexotic birdsself parkingpink flamingosbusiness conferencefisherman's landingpalm springsdesert springsmini golfpool areabeautiful groundsfitness centerspring break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 15, 2006

I new this wasn't the best time to try this hotel. These were the problems. Too many people, poor valet service, shortage of lounge chairs at the pool, room was too small, check out time too early (11:00) noisy guests,oh and poor food and beverage service at the pool. That's what you get during spring break.

• Stayed: April 2006
1  Thank angelfan3
Reviewed April 10, 2006

We have stayed at several JW resorts and this one was by far no where near the other ones.

The entrace is very pretty, with birds and fountains. We were greeted with cookies and water which was nice. That's about it for the good things. Our room was tired and never cleaned by 5PM. At the lower level restaurant, the bartender cracked raunchy jokes with the chef in front of us and we were 2 of 6 in the place. It was really unprofessional. The food was alright, nothing spectacular and it took forever to get a drink at the pool. The pools were huge and very hot, not alot of shade. My wife put up an umbrella and a pool boy put it down because of a wind advisory. There was no wind. We proceeded to burn and left early to go back to our uncleaned room. Room service took about 1 hr and 15 minutes. Dishes were left outside of the rooms ALL OF THE TIME. Drinks we ordered never showed up. I don't think this was worth the $359 that we paid for the room.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
7  Thank Winnie817
Reviewed March 28, 2006

The service at the Lakeview restaurant was horrible. We sat around for 30 minutes and no one offered help. The waiters and waitresses were too busy chatting to provide a service. The food was horrible by the way.
Our room was rather a three stars than what the hotel advertised. We stayed at the Ritz and other high end ones and JW Marriot was no where to be compared with.
This hotel is definitely NOT FOR FAMILY TRAVELING WITH YOUNG CHILDREN.
With the service and the emenities available, it would be worth paying $180-$199 per room per night only, not $429.
In short, everyone at the hotels was very unfriendly to non-american citizens like us. Either they have not seen asian before or they are just discriminating against asians. We travel several times a year around the country with our children and our mom. JW Marriot was a horrible experience.

Regard,

Allison

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
6  Thank allisonTFremont
Reviewed February 26, 2006

The only reason I stayed at the JW Marriott was because an event called eTail that I was attending happened to be taking place at the hotel. The $340 a night rate on Expedia really gave me some high expectations for the JW Marriott which unfortunately they didn't meet.

Sure, the landscaping and design of the main atrium area is pretty impressive. But once you head down one of their surprisingly long hallways you enter into the world of pretty generic Marriott rooms (with the exception that these rooms have decks with nice views).

To my surprise the room wasn't even that well taken care of. It hadn't been dusted, I had to call in plumbing to fix the sink, and the coffee maker was busted. The carpeting in the room had seen better days and the decor is starting to look dated.

On top of this I was on a waiting list for a possible third-night and had asked the front desk to keep me informed of any openings. Of course I never heard back from them again even though at checkout the staffer next to mine was working with a customer who was cancelling a number of rooms for members of his party that weren't going to show up.

My disappointment with Desert Springs is that they didn't deliver any extra or unique service or amenity that you would expect from a property that promotes itself as something special.

Anyway, this would be a terrific $150 a night hotel and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there at that lower rate. However, the Desert Springs falls well short of delivering on the quality resort experience you would expect for what they charge.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business
6  Thank TripAdvizahr
Reviewed February 14, 2006

I went here in 2004 and I have to say I'm surprised by a lot of the reviews here. For me it was hands down the best place that I've ever stayed in. Admittedly we were upgraded to a suite which was incredible, bigger than my own flat at home. But it wasn't just that, the service was great - when more people arrived at reception more people automatically came out to serve. I thought the food was great and the boat ride there was a great touch. I was with my family, although I'm 32 and I was one of the kids so maybe for a younger family it would have been different. We toured California that summer, going from San Francisco, to Yosemite, to Death Valley, to Vegas, to the Grand Canyon, to Palm Springs, to San Simeon and this was a real highlight of the trip.
I think people get pretty sniffy in these reviews. If this place is below you then you have an ego or a personality problem. Nothing is ever perfect 100% of the time, but for me this is as near as it gets.

• Stayed: September 2004