JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
Residence Inn Palm Desert(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$99
Residence Inn
$83
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$131
$119
Best Western Plus Palm Desert Resort(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$90
BestWestern.com
Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$90
$80
Hampton.com
The Westin Desert Willow Villas(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$122
$110
  • Pool
Marriott's Shadow Ridge II- The Enclaves(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$109
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$128
  • Pool
Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$109
International Hotel & Suites(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$59
2,435 results
All reviewsrockwood grilllobby barsushi bargolf courseboat rideexotic birdsself parkingpink flamingosbusiness conferencefisherman's landingpalm springsdesert springsmini golfpool areabeautiful groundsfitness centerspring break
Reviewed February 26, 2006

The only reason I stayed at the JW Marriott was because an event called eTail that I was attending happened to be taking place at the hotel. The $340 a night rate on Expedia really gave me some high expectations for the JW Marriott which unfortunately they didn't meet.

Sure, the landscaping and design of the main atrium area is pretty impressive. But once you head down one of their surprisingly long hallways you enter into the world of pretty generic Marriott rooms (with the exception that these rooms have decks with nice views).

To my surprise the room wasn't even that well taken care of. It hadn't been dusted, I had to call in plumbing to fix the sink, and the coffee maker was busted. The carpeting in the room had seen better days and the decor is starting to look dated.

On top of this I was on a waiting list for a possible third-night and had asked the front desk to keep me informed of any openings. Of course I never heard back from them again even though at checkout the staffer next to mine was working with a customer who was cancelling a number of rooms for members of his party that weren't going to show up.

My disappointment with Desert Springs is that they didn't deliver any extra or unique service or amenity that you would expect from a property that promotes itself as something special.

Anyway, this would be a terrific $150 a night hotel and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there at that lower rate. However, the Desert Springs falls well short of delivering on the quality resort experience you would expect for what they charge.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business
6  Thank TripAdvizahr
Reviewed February 14, 2006

I went here in 2004 and I have to say I'm surprised by a lot of the reviews here. For me it was hands down the best place that I've ever stayed in. Admittedly we were upgraded to a suite which was incredible, bigger than my own flat at home. But it wasn't just that, the service was great - when more people arrived at reception more people automatically came out to serve. I thought the food was great and the boat ride there was a great touch. I was with my family, although I'm 32 and I was one of the kids so maybe for a younger family it would have been different. We toured California that summer, going from San Francisco, to Yosemite, to Death Valley, to Vegas, to the Grand Canyon, to Palm Springs, to San Simeon and this was a real highlight of the trip.
I think people get pretty sniffy in these reviews. If this place is below you then you have an ego or a personality problem. Nothing is ever perfect 100% of the time, but for me this is as near as it gets.

• Stayed: September 2004
3  Thank Joe W
Reviewed January 26, 2006

We went there for a family vacation with our 1 year old and our 12 year old. Our room was so discusting as far as dirty and small. There were people partying everywhere. The pool was full of drunk people and they had no respect for my family. The food and drink pool side was quite expensive and the service left a lot to be desired.The resturants on the grounds were very nice and the food was great. The spa was a HUGE waste of money.
Palm Springs was nice, but not a lot to do. We had a lot of fun outside the hotel meeting the local people.I would not waste my money at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2005
1  Thank motoxmommy
Reviewed January 19, 2006

We went to JW Marriott last March for my spring break. ( I am a school teacher) I wouldn't choose to go on 'spring break' because of all the children, families, teens, etc., however, my stay here was wonderful. The grounds were gorgeous. The staff were very nice and professional. Our room was reallly nothing special but quite honestly, we didn't spend our vacation in our room. The pools were lovely and our routine was wake up early (to make sure you got a chair...that was the only bad thing about the place), lay by the pool, order lunch from the waiter and eat by the pool drinking a yummy drink. It was definitely a vacation!
We ate at a few places at the resort. Very good! We went around Palm Springs for dinner as well. Great spots everywhere. The conceirge was very helpful. Overall, wonderful vacation and great place!

• Stayed: March 2005
5  Thank summerlover30
Reviewed January 8, 2006

When I travel to California, I try to stay here. Sure, there are fancier hotels but somehow this one feels great to me. Love the pool and the view - probably could use a refresh but so does any hotel with such high use and volume. Ready to go back anytime and love visting the artists colony atop the mountain nearby - 105 degree's near the pool (a dry heat:) and snow on the moutain - very cool.

• Stayed: December 2005, traveled on business