Stayed for 3 nights while my husband was attending a conference. This would have been a 5 stars if the not for the dirty carpet and musty smell in our room. Granted, I did not report this to the Reception, as my husband did not want to move or make a fuss. Men! Another unpleasant surprise was an unexpected $5 charge for delivering a Fed Ex envelope to the room. The reception should explain the options, pick up or delivery, and inform you that they will charge you $5 for delivery.
On the other hand, all the staff is very friendly, and always greeted you with a smile. We had breakfast in the hotel, snacks and drinks on the patio and in the bar, fish and chips at the Fisherman's Landing. We went out for dinner at the Cork Tree (escargot en-croute, yum), Pacifica Seafood (their vodka selection is awesome!!), and Morton's steakhouse. All three restaurants are top notch and a must try.
The shopping at the Premium Outlets was just OK, did not like the construction going on as they expand.
This is a very nice resort, you can keep busy with lots of thigs to do. Or just relax by the pool or in a quiet spot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to your go-to desert playground. From the moment you approach the palm-lined path leading to JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa, the excitement begins. Our Palm Desert hotel has it all, including an active lobby complete with gondolas and meandering waterways, six restaurants serving everything from fresh sushi to locally sourced culinary delights, two championship golf courses, and spacious guest rooms. After an exhilarating day of playing and exploring, you may recharge at Spa Desert Springs, or soak up the sun at any of our four pools with gorgeous views of the nearby mountains. Adding to your options are an onsite fitness center, extensive tennis center and volleyball courts, and a nearby jogging path. Our JW Marriott also features 210,000 square feet of dazzling event space for weddings and conferences. Play in style, experience JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Springs Jw Marriott Resort And Spa
- Desert Springs Jw Marriott Hotel Palm Desert
- Jw Marriott Palm Desert
- Marriott Palm Desert
- Palm Desert Marriott
- Jw Marriott Desert Springs