“Nice resort the top notch service”

JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
New Jersey
“Nice resort the top notch service”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Only stayed here 1 night on business so I did not experience everything however, it is a very nice resort. My room was large and very well appointed, with a huge bathroom and walk in closet. It had very comfortable beds, fridge, flat screen, sofa, and a great mountain view. The walk from the elevatiors to the room was far and could be an issue for someone with limited mobility.
The staff is hands down the best I have every experienced. Everyone I encountered was very pleasant and helpful.
If needed there is a grocery store and restaurants across the street from the resort entrance.
I would definatly stay here again

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a pool view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 33333

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (634)
  • Korean first
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Stayed for just one night to attend a wedding, so a disclaimer that we didn't get to partake in many of the resort amenities. Grounds were lovely, Sunday brunch was fabulous. However, room was very so-so, and far from resort-like. While clean, it felt overdue for a remodel, and a parking lot/view of other buildings didn't help. In other words, it didn't feel like much more than a standard tourist hotel that gets a bit too much traffic.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
DesertSpringsJW, General Manager at JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our property on TripAdvisor. I’m very pleased to hear you enjoyed the beautiful grounds at the resort as well as your Sunday brunch. We did recently complete a renovation, but there are always ways to continue improving upon our property so I appreciate you sharing feedback about your room. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Brooklyn, New York, USA
Reviewed October 18, 2013

the service was really nice, they threw in upgrades and free parking, front desk was out to please, nice pools with lots of pool boys. one issue is, the rooms are very far walking distance and there is only elevators at the center of the hotel. free gandola rides are very nice too

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Our stay here was outstanding. We were there for 5 nights. Our room was upgraded to a beautiful mountain/golf course view. The food in the Rosewood was really good and the Coachella Valley salad at the Oasis bar and grill was perfect. My only complaint is the Sales agents for the Timeshares were pretty aggressive. I felt like I needed to avoid those areas but they were in the traffic pattern.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kristi E
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

As a Marriott platinum elite member we have stayed at Marriott all over the world. JW Marriott is usually one of their best brands.
While the grounds and facilities of this location look to be first class, the rooms are a place to sleep at best. I have literally stayed in $99 hotels that that had rooms much nicer than the one we are currently in at the JW Marriott in Palm Desert.
The carpet is worn and stained, the furnishings are old, the TV is not HD and the shower is about the size you find on a cruise ship. The floor in the room is actually different levels by an inch or so with what feels like a piece of plywood under the carpet.
I was told there is no complimentary breakfast for elite members at this Marriott. When I complained about our room at the front desk this morning I was told "I'm sorry but our hotel is 27 years old." Well I'm sorry but if you are going to offer 27 year old rooms they shouldn't be at JW Marriott prices!
All in all, very disappointing for a Marriott and I would for sure not recommend staying here.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mikeflee
Thank you for taking time to submit your review. As a Marriott Platinum Elite member, we know you are an avid traveler and have high standards in your hospitality experiences. I’m sorry to hear about your disappointments with your room. We did recently complete a $25 million renovation that included all of the guestrooms. I will be sure to look into the room assignment you had during your visit, so we may quickly remedy the situation. Please accept my sincere apology for the impression that was left. I hope you will consider returning and giving us another opportunity to provide you with the type of experience we are typically known for – one that is centered around service and luxury!
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed October 13, 2013

It's my first time in Palm Spring. Visited for business. I was impressed the moment I stepped out of the car being greeted by the staffs at entrance. I felt the warm welcome and was escorted to the front desk. The reception was very helpful. Wherever you are in the hotel, you'll see smily faces and a warm hello from the Marriott team.

Particularly appreciate the help from front desk getting me a carton box and help in packing my stuffs, and the concierge locating my limo and load my luggage.

The resort facilities are great, but what make a difference is the great Marriott team here!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to review your stay at our property. I’m glad we helped make your first trip to Palm Springs a memorable one! As a Senior Contributor with TripAdvisor, we know you have high hospitality standards and I am happy to hear we impressed you with top notch customer service – as that is one of the core pillars of the Marriott brand. Thank you for sharing your positive experience with the front desk – we’re always proud to learn specific stories of how our staff has gone above and beyond. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future!
Las Vegas
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My friends and I decided to get away for a relaxing October weekend at the JW Marriott Resort and Spa in Palm Desert, California, and I am so glad we did.

The resort is beautiful. We were greeted by the spectacular soaring lobby where giant pendant lights hung from the ceiling. Venturing beyond the lobby lounge we discovered an indoor lake which flowed outside into the man-made rivers that flowed through the property. The indoor lake is where resort guests could board the little covered boats that ferried guests on boat tours of the property and to various areas of the resort. The lake was also home to several graceful black swans and ducks. Surrounding the lake were cages containing several species of parrots and exotic birds which were a delight to watch. The resort is a bird sanctuary and is home to several species of birds including pink flamingos.

We arrived at the resort at 4:30 in the afternoon. Check in was a breeze. The front desk clerk was friendly and informative as was the bellman who showed us to our rooms, both pointing out the various amenities of the hotel.

We had connecting rooms on the 5th floor overlooking the golf course in the main building. The rooms were clean and well equipped with wi-fi, comfortable beds, a flat screen television with premium channels, in-room refrigerator, coffee machine, ironing board, iron, robes, slippers, in-room safe, a large bathroom with separate tub and shower and full array of toiletries. Best of all is each room had a large balcony where guests could sit and take in the beautiful grounds. The weather was perfect, so sitting on the balcony was very pleasant, but I would imagine, it might be a little less pleasant during the summer heat.

In addition to the picturesque golf course, the resort had an enormous pool with many lounge chairs on which to relax and take some sun. There were several dining options including a pool side restaurant, a steakhouse, a seafood restaurant, a Japanese restaurant, the lobby lounge, which served light snacks, a Starbucks and a chocolate shop. The resort also had a nice array of shops containing apparel and accessories, a golf shop, and a sundry shop with a nice array of necessities and souvenirs. Needless to say there were many activities and amenities to keep guests entertained and well fed so that guests did not need to venture off of the property.

However, if one wished to venture away from the resort, The town of Palm Desert is quite nice with lots of shops and restaurants. Palm Springs is just a 10-15 minute car ride away and is home to many other quaint shops, galleries and restaurants.

Unfortunately we did not eat at any of the resort restaurants, opting instead to eat at restaurants in Palm Desert and Palm Springs, nor did we use the spa, but I'm sure we'll be back and will review them at that time.

All in all we had a relaxing and enjoyable stay. The reasons this resort was not rated five stars are as follows: The rooms really do need to be updated; the popcorn ceilings in the guest rooms really do need to go; the in-room safe is too small and still uses a key; the shower was tiny and was covered in hard water stains; the bathroom needs more outlets; the balcony should have lighting; and the room definitely needs a charging station for hand held devices. I would also recommend a hotel shuttle to take guests to the shopping districts in Palm Desert, Palm Springs and the outlet malls, as the only options for guests who do not have cars are an expensive taxi ride, or an equally expensive private car service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm Desert
The Westin Desert Willow Villas
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II
The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!