I’ll start by saying the grounds are really pretty with the lakes and golf course and palm trees everywhere. The lobby is also done very well. If you get a pool / golf course view you will love the view. I was here a year ago and at about 230am we were awoken to people parting in the room next door. I called the front desk but that didn’t help. On check out I told the front desk manager she said let us know next time you come back and we will make it up to you. Fast forward to this weekend. I called the front desk manager and told them I was coming back to try it again because I love the grounds here. She said she didn’t have any notes in the system about my prior problem. WTF? She said all she could do was upgrade my room to a view room. The next day I tried to reach the hotel manager to inform him about this and was only able to speak to his assistant. Told her the story she called me in the afternoon to say they could offer me a $50.00 hotel credit. I asked for at least an early check in and late checkout till 3 pm and she agreed. That’s all they were willing to do since the other manager didn’t do the job right and make notes on my reservation.
Ok got to the hotel room was ready and they did what I had asked which was a room high up at the end of the building on the other side from the stupid club there. I had a great view very happy until we went to sleep. The air-conditioner wasn’t working. When the thing reached the desired temp it shuts down and made a loud noise until it went back on, so we had to set it to freezing so it wouldn’t shut off. Called front desk in the am they gave me $100.00 back.
The bed was sooooo hard and uncomfortable neither of us slept well and woke up with back aches.
Employee’s we all very nice and helpful when we were there.
Got to tell you I like the hotel itself but I can’t stand that it’s full of 20 year old's partying. You should have seen the pool it was packed like a Vegas pool with them and the music was sooo loud you could hear it from the spa pool and couldn’t even hear the spa pools music. Had to go there cause there was no way we were going to the main pools like that. They should just close that club down to make it a more enjoyable hotel for everyone not just the young ones and BTW I’m only 41 but when we go away we want to chill and out relax. You can’t relax like that.
If you want a Vegas style party atmosphere you will love this place.
Probably will be my last time here unfortunately. Next time going back to La Qunita Resort much more peaceful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to your go-to desert playground. From the moment you approach the palm-lined path leading to JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa, the excitement begins. Our Palm Desert hotel has it all, including an active lobby complete with gondolas and meandering waterways, six restaurants serving everything from fresh sushi to locally sourced culinary delights, two championship golf courses, and spacious guest rooms. After an exhilarating day of playing and exploring, you may recharge at Spa Desert Springs, or soak up the sun at any of our four pools with gorgeous views of the nearby mountains. Adding to your options are an onsite fitness center, extensive tennis center and volleyball courts, and a nearby jogging path. Our JW Marriott also features 210,000 square feet of dazzling event space for weddings and conferences. Play in style, experience JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Springs Jw Marriott Resort And Spa
- Desert Springs Jw Marriott Hotel Palm Desert
- Jw Marriott Palm Desert
- Marriott Palm Desert
- Palm Desert Marriott
- Jw Marriott Desert Springs