2,507 results
All reviewsrockwood grilllobby barsushi bargolf courseboat rideexotic birdspink flamingosbusiness conferenceself parkingfisherman's landingpalm springsdesert springsmini golfpool areabeautiful groundsfitness centerspring break
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The property surrounding are beautiful. Lot of green and spring. The building itself is huge but dated. The room were nice and clean but you can easily listen to your room next door. The hotel service are excellent from in room dinning and bell service. The hotel offer quite a large range of shops and restaurants, it is amazing to have that in this area. The pool is excellent but I consider it small for this hotel size. There is a boat ride in the hotel that you can take your kids for some fun experience.

Although I think it is pricey hotel but not much to choice from if you want a hotel hat has everything.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2013

It is a pretty property with the palms and flowers along the drive to the front door and scattered throughout the property. Did not use the pool but it was clean and attractive enough and quite large with several pools. The common areas were attractive and open, which was somewhat noisy especially in the bar in the front lobby area of the hotel. They are other bars scattered throughout which enables better conversation. The rooms were clean but dated. The window where we were resided was quite small but we had a large balcony. The staff was well-trained and were always ready with a cheerful hello. The parking lot worked out well but can be a bit of a walk. I enjoyed the spa and it was an attractive environment. The work out area by the spa was decent sized for a hotel but could get crowded. Yoga was good though there were few people in attendance. The teacher had to leave early as she had another class elsewhere but I did like her instruction. There is a pharmacy across the road from the front entrance (about a quarter to a half mile away). I was there for a conference and the food through out was really quite good, if not excellent, for a large gathering. I would not hesitate to have a conference/meeting there given what we experienced during our conference.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
DesertSpringsJW, General Manager at JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience at our resort. Service is at the core of the JW Marriott brand and is an area where we continually strive to exceed expectations, so I am very pleased to hear you received friendly service during your stay. As a Senior Contributor with TripAdvisor, we know you are an avid traveler and have high standards in your hospitality experiences. I appreciate that you took time to detail many aspects of your stay. We forward to welcoming you back again in the future!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

it hadn't rained in like 6 weeks and when we get there, it rained!

rooms were fine, very well described by others. we got sushi at the bar. it was just ok. not bad. ok. got a special: 129 a night, but you do add in a fee for wi-fi and parking, etc.

pool was VERY dirty to me. lots of the corner areas had debris and dirt that could have easily been skimmed out if anyone bothered. there was an older man who was very nice and attentive, and many of the pool area workers did a great job cleaning up. many of the people here are younger and a bit obnoxious. they'd leave drink cups EVERYWHERE and the workers went around totally cleaning up after them... one of the waiters around the pool area was ridiculous. we asked for a drink menu, he went around talking to people and came back around 20 minutes later and forgot. finally got it later. watching him, it was like he wanted to be a guest. he'd sit down, start rapping (no lie), tell about his website and videos, etc. i was so pissed. gave him our order, and he continued his chatting and visiting. my husband went and got my drink at the bar himself. the guy comes over and is like, here, can you sign. later, my husband complained and we got our 2 drinks comped.

now: the highlight. we went to the spa to check it out. there was a board up of spa specials. got a 1 hour massage for 99.00. (zen). very good. couldn't decide between scrub or wrap (100 per 1/2 hour) so we did 1/2 hour ones of each for 65... can't beat those prices. very nice.

my husband and i did a spa trip at the RITZ in san juan and it was horrible. workers were lazy, place was dirty. here, everything in the locker and treatment rooms were spotless. credit to the workers in teal shirts. they did a great job. the showers had 5 heads. there was a hot room and steam room and whirlpool. happy!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you taking time to offer such a detailed review of your stay with us. I am very happy to hear you had such a wonderful experience at the spa! I’m sorry to hear you did not receive outstanding service by the pool. Superior customer service is at the core of the JW Marriott brand, and is something we strive to provide at all times. I will most certainly share your concerns with my management team. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

The hotel was nice, but showing its age with a decidedly 70s vibe to it. Rooms are standard issue Marriott, but pool areas were very nice. We had an excellent dinner at the hotel and the service was incredible. One warning on prices, they are sky high for everything except the room itself, with not many off property options.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CannistraD
DesertSpringsJW, General Manager at JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback about our property. Service is at the core of the JW Marriott brand and is an area where we continually strive to exceed expectations, so I am very pleased to hear you received incredible service during your stay. We did recently complete a $25 million renovation to update many areas of the resort. I’m thrilled you enjoyed your pool and dining experiences, and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We wanted to get away for a quick fun weekend. We chose the JW Marriott in Palm Desert. The hotel is decorated with modern fun furniture and paintings. When you arrive someone is there to greet you and make sure you are directed to the check in. We were able to check in early at 11 which made the stay even better. We had a king size bed in the room the a little sitting area with a couch, nice typical hotel room. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in.

The hotel lobby has the feel of a cruise ship. Expansive in the size and comfort. The lobby bar is bright and lots of seating. As you walk around there are exotic birds to check out and talk to. There are multiple pools and bar area to lounge by. The main pool was busy but fun and you can meet and talk to lots of other guests or just hang by the pool with a drink.

We ate at the Rockwood Grill. Had a great table overlooking the patio and pool area. The burger was cooked perfectly and the Mac n cheese was super yummy. Service was quick and the staff very friendly. Afterward we spent the evening at the Costas Night Club dancing to fun house music, was a great workout ! There are also colonnade shops, a golf store and the gondola ride. All in all once you arrive you really don't need to leave the property. We will return in the future. Travel note we booked our room with airline miles and got a killer deal.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cara D

Thank you for taking time to offer such a detailed review of your stay with us. I am very happy to hear you had such a wonderful experience, and that you will be back in the future! It is especially pleasing to know that, from your comfortable bed and outstanding dining experiences to your time by the pool and your night out at Costas – you truly enjoyed all the amenities of our resort. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!