I recently stayed two nights at the resort for a work conference.
The resort itself it very large and covers a lot of area with multiple pools, golf, a lake area, spa, etc. The grounds are very pretty.
I had a standard room with a King bed. Initially I was assigned a room that basically looked at a wall. I asked to be changed and the front desk was nice enough to reassign me to a room that looked over the putting green. The view was definitely better, but was right over the main bar area. Be aware that if you have any issues with noise, you may not want one of the rooms that overlook the lobby atrium - there was definitely quite a bit of noise from the bar each night. It didn't bother me though I noticed it. Keep that in mind.
The room was nice enough and good sized. Mine had a king bed, a couch and coffee table, desk, credenza with TV (which rotated so you could see it from bed or couch). The room also had a balcony with two chairs and a table. There was a closet in the hall which included a safe and iron. The bath was also large with a separate tub and shower; single sink if it matters to you. The room also included a coffee/tea maker which I always appreciate. The only somewhat negative comment I have about the room is that I think it could benefit from updating or sprucing up. It seemed just a bit dated. Functionally no complaints, but just not as pretty as it could be.
Service was generally great. Everyone was very friendly.
I did have the opportunity to us the fitness center which was, again, quite large with many machines. I also was able to try the spa for a facial. The spa was big and I very much enjoyed my facial.
The conference facilities were pretty standard though I have to say the conference food was among the best I have had.
If you are planning a trip to the desert, definitely consider this resort. A very comfortable stay with a lot of amenities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to your go-to desert playground. From the moment you approach the palm-lined path leading to JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa, the excitement begins. Our Palm Desert hotel has it all, including an active lobby complete with gondolas and meandering waterways, six restaurants serving everything from fresh sushi to locally sourced culinary delights, two championship golf courses, and spacious guest rooms. After an exhilarating day of playing and exploring, you may recharge at Spa Desert Springs, or soak up the sun at any of our four pools with gorgeous views of the nearby mountains. Adding to your options are an onsite fitness center, extensive tennis center and volleyball courts, and a nearby jogging path. Our JW Marriott also features 210,000 square feet of dazzling event space for weddings and conferences. Play in style, experience JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Springs Jw Marriott Resort And Spa
- Desert Springs Jw Marriott Hotel Palm Desert
- Jw Marriott Palm Desert
- Marriott Palm Desert
- Palm Desert Marriott
- Jw Marriott Desert Springs