We attended a software conference May 19-24. Total attendance at the conference was in excess of 1,200 people (plus many who brought children). The check in was very easy even though there were long lines. The staff was quick, friendly, and kept the lines moving. Rooms were a little dated but very clean. The broad-bank internet was fantastic, no problems at all. Free wi-fi throughout the facility was a bonus.
The food for the conference was excellent. Food was at the correct temperature and the selection was aways varied and fresh. Meals were on time and plentiful.
Meeting rooms were setup on time and the audio/visual services were great. We had numerous workshops and power sessions and everyone was complimenting the event staff for a job well done.
There are several restaurants at the facility. While folks may think the food is overpriced, when you consider that you don't have to leave to eat and the servers aim to please no matter what.. After 4 days of over the top food at the conference, our last night we just wanted a hamburger and it wasn't on the menu at the place we selected. Our server said no problem and she delivered big time with the best bacon-cheeseburger we ever had. No problem to us but she made our last evening at the resort memorable.
If you bring children (or if you want to just enjoy a boat ride), there are motor launches that will take you around to see the flamingos, swans, ducks, and other water birds. Between 5 and 6 in the evening, you can get complimentary tours.
We look forward to returning for another conference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to your go-to desert playground at JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa. From the moment you approach the palm-lined path leading to our resort in Palm Desert, California, the excitement begins. Our hotel near Palm Springs has it all, including an active lobby complete with gondolas and meandering waterways, six restaurants serving everything from fresh sushi to locally sourced culinary delights, two championship golf courses, and spacious guest rooms. After an exhilarating day of playing and exploring, you may recharge at Spa Desert Springs, or soak up the sun at any of our four pools with gorgeous views of the nearby mountains. Adding to your options are an onsite fitness center, extensive tennis center and volleyball courts, and a nearby jogging path. JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa also features 210,000 square feet of dazzling event space for weddings and conferences. Play in style, experience our resort today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Springs Jw Marriott Resort And Spa
- Desert Springs Jw Marriott Hotel Palm Desert
- Jw Marriott Palm Desert
- Marriott Palm Desert
- Palm Desert Marriott
- Jw Marriott Desert Springs