“Beautiful property” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Palm Desert
Atlanta, Georgia
“Beautiful property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

For such a large hotel, this property is lovely. While it is a convention destination and thus caters to large groups, it still maintains a caring quality. The staff are excellent, the rooms are clean standard rooms. However, ours had a huge balcony that was a nice addition. The pools are heated and sometimes visited by ducks from the surrounding ponds. which also host swans geese and even flamingos. The grounds are meticulous and well planted with flowers. The restaurant food was excellent. Really, there's not anything negative I can say other than since the hotel is atrium style the noise from the bar can be heard in your room at night, but I'm stretching it to even mention that. I tend to stay at boutique hotels but this was a delightful surprise. There's even a Starbucks in the lobby, how can it get better than that?

Room Tip: While the rooms facing the pool command a premium, ours faced the front and was just as nice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jphillips327

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (530)
  • Korean first
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We drove thru the desert and mountains to this wonderful hotel. Let the staff lead you to your room when you check in...this is an enormous hotel. We stayed on the top floor overlooking the golf course and ponds. The swans, ducks and geese were a hoot. Our room was large and bathroom marble and granite, nice big tub. All the staff were gracious and called us by name each time we picked up our car or arrived back at the hotel. Can't say enought good things about the staff, ate at the Japanese resturant and steak house. Both were exceptional. Made a trip to the spa....a beautiful facility. Only regret is our short stay...we will be back.

Room Tip: We stayed as far away from main lobby as we could for quiet. But be warned its a huge hotel and ther...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank threecatstolove
San Jose, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had a very nice time on the property during my stay. The televisions worked for gaming (720p highest)-and the maintenance staff was very helpful in my issues between my PS3 and the flat panel in the room. We had a corner room with the HUGE balcony and overlooking some of the golf course and the lagoon(?)
I only wish they had one other alternative for early morning risers and breakfast. Yes, the room service was tasted good-but as far as variety, that is my only issue.
I liked the gym-clean, friendly staff, and well maintained.
Fisherman's landing had good drinks, and the food was good. Rockwood has good food and service as well.

Room Tip: VERY nice Hotel experience. I would definitely return if possible!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank USAF9599
Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

There are many beautiful resorts and many equally beautiful locations. This JW Marriott resort marries both. I have stayed here 3 times now - once on business and twice for personal holiday. This resort just feels clean, fresh, visually interesting and impeccably kept. I especially enjoy the pool area (I purchased the PURE REGGAE soundtrack they were playing) as well as drinking coffee and reading my Wall Street Journal just outside my room in the morning desert air. There are many shops and incredible nature attractions all around the area (take the boat ride, see the fish!) and we enjoy driving into Palm Springs for dinner. Just remember, at times it can be 105 degrees in the parking lot yet only 55 and cool atop the surrounding mountains just a short distance away. Be sure to wear good flip-flops!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank IH8MUD
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Although I only stayed one day, I was very pleased with all the staff. Pleasant, helpful and always smiling. Even when my room wasn't ready on my arrival I felt taken care of. When it was ready they called me on my cell phone and I was in my room within a half hour. The accommodations were very nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Woody R
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Despite its age, this is still and excellent hotel with a great staff. Golf courses are in great shape. Pool area expansive and clean. I do wish they would keep thier jacuzzi at 104 degrees. It felt like about 100. It was warm but not hot enough to give you the heated relaxed muscles that I like in spa that is at proper temp. Your kids will love riding the boats to the restaurant.

Room Tip: Mountain view facing north are quieter rooms as many of the rooms facing the pool get the noise from...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank NursesRule
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My biggest disappointment was that we were only able to stay one night! The rooms are glorious and the property is dream-like. We had a slight glitch at check-in - the property is huge and we were given poor directions to our room. We ended up wandering around like fools for 30 minutes. But after that was solved, we have no complaints. With a mini-golf course on the property - along with beautiful pools, it's great for kids and adults.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage
#1 of 8 in Rancho Mirage
4.5 of 5 stars 695 reviews
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!