My boyfriend and I stayed at the JW in Palm Springs Labor Day weekend of 2012. A few different friends of ours had highly recommended it to us when we decide to make the trip. We couldn't have been any happier with our stay. The resort was huge, GORGEOUS, super clean of course, and luxury all the way. Palm trees everywhere, beautiful flamingos all throughout the front of the resort, exotic birds in cages through out the lobby/lounge area, and they even have a super cute complimentary boat service that can take you to different parts of the resort (restaurants etc) because there's water flowing throughout. There's lots of on site shopping as well as a beautiful golf course (if you golf).
The staff was impeccable, they were all extremely friendly and helpful from the valet, bell desk, front desk, servers/bus boys, and even the random staff you'd see walking around the resort.
*We had their breakfast buffet every morning we were there because it was that good!! We still talk about how much we loved it! Anything you could want they had and it all was fresh and top quality. Best breakfast buffet I've ever had, hands down.
*We also had their seafood dinner buffet one night at the same restaurant that the breakfast buffer was at. This was also amazingly delicious! Lots of giant crab legs pre cracked for you, shrimp, you name it. They had plenty of non seafood choices as well and again everything was top quality and fine dining.
*They also had a Japanese tepan restaurant we went to for dinner one night. It was so fun, our chef was hilarious and made it fun for all who was there.
*They have a few bars too which we're always fun to stop at for a drink and socialize, and they had one that served late night eats as well, also delicious.
*Starbucks on site was also a big plus.
The resort's pools are huge, beautiful, and of course super clean. It was labor day weekend so it was PACKED! Get there early if you want good location to lounge. We got there later and couldn't find chairs at the main area and didn't want to pay for a cabana for just the two of us so we found a spot by the smaller side pool. We only stayed by the pool for a couple hours because it was too hot at that time of year but if you're into the pool party scene it's a great place for just that. Definitely not a family pool scene but if I'm not mistaken I think they may have had a separate family pool area on the other side of the resort.
You really don't need to leave the resort because there is so much to do there. It's beautiful, plenty of shopping, lots of different restaurants to choose from as well. We did go off to a casino one night and I believe it was only a ten or fifteen minute drive but I honestly don't know what else is nearby because we stayed at the resort pretty much the whole time.
We just stayed in the regular king guest room and it was perfect. Super clean, nice decor, spacious, super comfortable bed, amazing bathroom, and all the amenities you'd need.
Overall I definitely have to say this was our favorite hotel/resort we've ever stayed at. Everything got a 10 in my book, nothing fell short of perfect here. It was fun, romantic, and had more than we could have expected. So worth the deal we got on the rate. Great job JW Marriott!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to your go-to desert playground at JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa. From the moment you approach the palm-lined path leading to our resort in Palm Desert, California, the excitement begins. Our hotel near Palm Springs has it all, including an active lobby complete with gondolas and meandering waterways, six restaurants serving everything from fresh sushi to locally sourced culinary delights, two championship golf courses, and spacious guest rooms. After an exhilarating day of playing and exploring, you may recharge at Spa Desert Springs, or soak up the sun at any of our four pools with gorgeous views of the nearby mountains. Adding to your options are an onsite fitness center, extensive tennis center and volleyball courts, and a nearby jogging path. JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa also features 210,000 square feet of dazzling event space for weddings and conferences. Play in style, experience our resort today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Springs Jw Marriott Resort And Spa
- Desert Springs Jw Marriott Hotel Palm Desert
- Jw Marriott Palm Desert
- Marriott Palm Desert
- Palm Desert Marriott
- Jw Marriott Desert Springs