A nice hotel, but really, really big, which has it's drawbacks. While it's been renovated, it still has many older attributes. As many other posters have commented, there is only one elevator for each wing, which means a very long walk each time you leave/go to your room. There's a Starbucks in the lobby, which is a plus.
There's a huge pool area with three pools and two hot tubs. But there are also a lot of guests (1,000 rooms?), so it gets really full on the weekends! It's not really a relaxing spot b/c of kids playing in the pools, music being pumped around, etc.
Hotel rooms are very spacious, but the walk-in shower was really small. I imagine it would be a tight squeeze for most men. Rooms have large balcony's, so try to get one that faces south or west to take advantage of the sun.
Note: there's also a $27/night resort fee for parking/wireless internet/fitness access.We enjoyed playing on the 18-hole putting course, which is also included.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to your go-to desert playground. From the moment you approach the palm-lined path leading to JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa, the excitement begins. Our Palm Desert hotel has it all, including an active lobby complete with gondolas and meandering waterways, six restaurants serving everything from fresh sushi to locally sourced culinary delights, two championship golf courses, and spacious guest rooms. After an exhilarating day of playing and exploring, you may recharge at Spa Desert Springs, or soak up the sun at any of our four pools with gorgeous views of the nearby mountains. Adding to your options are an onsite fitness center, extensive tennis center and volleyball courts, and a nearby jogging path. Our JW Marriott also features 210,000 square feet of dazzling event space for weddings and conferences. Play in style, experience JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort today. #DesertPlayground #DesertSprings ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Springs Jw Marriott Hotel Palm Desert
- Desert Springs Jw Marriott Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott Palm Desert
- Marriott Palm Desert
- Palm Desert Marriott
- Jw Marriott Desert Springs