JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
Embarc Palm Desert(Palm Desert)
  • Pool
Residence Inn Palm Desert(Palm Desert)
View Hotel
Courtyard Palm Desert(Palm Desert)
  • Breakfast included
2,452 results
All reviewsrockwood grilllobby barsushi barboat ridegolf courseexotic birdsself parkingpink flamingosbusiness conferencefisherman's landingpalm springsdesert springsmini golfpool areabeautiful groundsfitness centerspring break
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I arrived at the JW Marriott and I was given a room that was promoted to me as one of the better rooms at the hotel. The room was awful to say the least. The commode would not flush, the telephone would not work, the thermostat was broken and the bed was not made.
I went back to the desk and asked for the manager. He apologized and said that he would move to a nicer room and that it would be higher and a better view. The new room was actually in at a lower level and in the same wing. When I entered the room, it smelled like a sewer! The bell captain agreed and we then moved to the third room. Believe it or not, the next room did not have hot water!
The bell captain called and asked the manager for another room but they did not have a king size bed remaining. So, I moved to my fourth room and I told the bell captain that anything that was clean and worked would be fine. Believe it or not, the manager did not offer to make things right. The bell captain called the manager and said that they had to do something for me because I was so patient. They finally agreed to give me a $50.00 credit.
I was very disappointed in this highly touted property.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Al B
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

I used my Marriott rewards points to get away for a night and feel like it could have been a lot better. First of all, you have to use a lot of points for this location (30,000), which takes quite some time to accrue, so I really was hoping that it would be worthwhile. I asked the girl at check in for a room that didn't have a view of the parking lot...she was a bit annoyed and commented that I was using points, so she couldn't do much. I would think that she would take the other approach and find a nice room for us. She found a room and it didn't have a view of the parking lot...it was a view of construction. After paying for an upgrade, we received a view of the duck pond and pool which was nice.
The valet service was disorganized (they were all talking when we came out) and when the car came around, they drove it halfway up, got out and handed me the keys...I was wedged between 2 cars that weren't going anywhere and one of the valets nearly hit my car. Room was nice and the housekeepers were very friendly.

Beautiful hotel, but don't expect 5 star service like they have provided in years past.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Just turning into the drive way you will start to go oooh! We drove here and the greeting from the front door of this hotel through to our farewell was totally exceptional. The receptionist was terrific, and the assistance of the bell boy to get our bags to the room was great. He explained where things were and the places to eat.

Our room was not big, and the beds are small. We had a family of four with two beds but they were standard doubles not queen size so that was a little tight.

A feature of the hotel is the 'gondola' ride to get to the restaurants. We thought this would cost money but it is a free service. We dined at the seaford restaurant and it was terrific value and very reasonable for a family.

Breakfast was again exceptional, the buffet is not only well priced but endless.

The fresh water around the hotel for you to drink is a wonderful touch and the fact there is a starbucks in the lobby is a great bonus for a coffee addict like me.

What I did love is that they were great, we accidentally left a couple of things in our room and they were wonderful to send them to us. A follow up phone call as well as an email just added to the great experience.

Room Tip: If you have a family get adjoining rooms, do not try a two bed room, just too small.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here 3 nights for our 10-year anniversary. It was great. The hotel is older but updated. Has enormous swimming pools, deluxe spa, nice restaurants, and gondolas. Very beautiful resort and the staff was extremely warm and welcoming. We will be back here again.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We absolutely loved our stay here ! The service was outstanding throughout the entire hotel. We were here on my Husbands business trip and my Sons wedding. The staff was so kind and helpful, I dont know what more you could ever ask for. This is definitely a place we will return to.

Room Tip: There are no "bad" rooms. All have a balcony or patio with a beautiful view
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family