First time stay at this resort. The place is huge. Several restaurants, bars and shops on site, plus two 18 hole gold courses. We did not eat at any of the restaurants, but had drinks in the lobby bard both nights. Selection was good but pricey (as expected). Rooms are very nice, standard size, comfortable beds. Bathroom has both tub and shower, nicely appointed with granite and marble, although the showed door did not seal completely so the mat was soaked after using (failed to report to hotel). Although I did not use the on site fitness center, I did go for runs each morning. The area is very conducive to running, since most streets in the area have cart/walking/running paths. A $24 daily resort fee was charged to room that included Internet, fitness center and use of other amenities such as their mini golf course. Mostly a very nice stay.
Only real displeasure was with their onsite night club (Costas). As we entered the club, a patron was being escorted out by security for being intoxicated. Later on, we realized he was just "dumped" out the front door with his wife/girlfriend. There is a patio for club patrons near the front entrance. When we stepped out onto th patio for some fresh air, the patron was passed out on the concrete near the entrance (wife by his side). Not sure why security did not escort him to his room (or off the property) initially. After roughly 30 minutes of lying on the concrete, he started to get sick (not a pretty site, espcially for a JW Resort). Ony then, did security hauled him away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to your go-to desert playground. From the moment you approach the palm-lined path leading to JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa, the excitement begins. Our Palm Desert hotel has it all, including an active lobby complete with gondolas and meandering waterways, six restaurants serving everything from fresh sushi to locally sourced culinary delights, two championship golf courses, and spacious guest rooms. After an exhilarating day of playing and exploring, you may recharge at Spa Desert Springs, or soak up the sun at any of our four pools with gorgeous views of the nearby mountains. Adding to your options are an onsite fitness center, extensive tennis center and volleyball courts, and a nearby jogging path. Our JW Marriott also features 210,000 square feet of dazzling event space for weddings and conferences. Play in style, experience JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Cancelon, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Springs Jw Marriott Resort And Spa
- Desert Springs Jw Marriott Hotel Palm Desert
- Jw Marriott Palm Desert
- Marriott Palm Desert
- Palm Desert Marriott
- Jw Marriott Desert Springs