JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
Embarc Palm Desert(Palm Desert)
  • Pool
Residence Inn Palm Desert(Palm Desert)
View Hotel
Courtyard Palm Desert(Palm Desert)
2,416 results
All reviewsrockwood grilllobby barsushi bargolf courseboat rideexotic birdsself parkingpink flamingosbusiness conferencefisherman's landingpalm springsdesert springsmini golfpool areabeautiful groundsfitness centerspring break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My husband and I were here for business and both REALLY enjoyed the resort. We had a very comfortable King bed with a very large balcony. The bathroom was very spacious and everything was VERY clean. There is a full-service Starbucks right off of the lobby which we visited several times. Also a bar in the lobby area that was great and the staff was very friendly. We didn't eat at the hotel but others at the event told us the food was great! There are big tropical birds in the lobby and a boat that comes in and picks passengers up for a boat tour! Very cool... we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This hotel/spa is a wonderful excape. The rooms are spacous, the hotel facalities are beautiful, the pools are huge and the dining options on the facility are outstanding. It is only a short drive from Palm Springs. If you are a golfer, this is also a great option. If you miss the days when you were a biker, you can rent a Harley and go for a ride.
The staff is friendly and make you feel like a guest.

Room Tip: Make sure you try the Mikado Japanese restaurant.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and i stayed here in june 2012 we had a marvellous time the staff could not do enough for us. The hotel rooms were lovely and the balcony was huge. I highly recommend this hotel it was fantastic will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Recently spent four days here for a major business meeting. I was surprised at how the hotel fell down on execution. Two things stick out in my mind:
1. Food was TERRIBLE. I am not particular about food and for me to notice, it must be bad. I understand feeding a large group is challenging but several meals were literally inedible. Soggy, greasy deep fried french toast for breakfast, a "fancy" dinner where the steak was cooked to a dark grey color and the fish was horribly overdone.
2. Detailed execution was not there. Despite very specific orders for meeting requests, food was not brought out on time for breaks, the kitchen did not execute what was written on the sheet, water jugs were not refilled in the room.

On the positive side:
- Grounds were beautiful
- Service was polite and responsive - very friendly
- Room was very nice
- Spa was average - massages were disappointing, facials were great

I would book a business meeting almost anywhere else. Might be better for leisure travel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mnightin
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have stayed at a few resorts in Palm Springs and this one has moved to the top of my list.

Service and staff and wonderful. Valet service was prompt. I stubbornly refused help with my bags from the valet but I was met at the door by someone that then assisted me with my bags as I sauntered over to registration. The registration process was quick and easy. I had 2 rooms reserved..a parlor suite and a room with 2 doubles. The parlor suite was outstanding. The description of the room on the website is not very clear but I was pleasantly surprised. It appears that this resort was built in the 80's when real estate was cheaper because these rooms are large compared to what you might find in a newer resort. The good thing is that the rooms have been renovated so they don't appear old at all. If you are traveling with family or another couple, check out the parlor suite. It has 3 rooms total with 3 separate entrances. There are two regular rooms, one with a king and the other with two double. Those two rooms are separated in the middle by a huge room with a queen murphy bed. The middle room is great for hosting and the stretched balcony was awesome. I was hosting a board meeting for 6 people and we could have easily added 6 more people without feeling cramped. The second room I reserved was a room with 2 doubles. I didnt see it, but my guests said it was great.

My only complaint is that this property is HUGE, amusement park huge. You can easily get lost. They should probably set up one of those indoor google maps that are popping up everywhere.

I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Try to get a pool/resort view with a balcony. Definitely worth it.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business