Just finishing my 7 night stay here, sharing a room with a friend attending a large, popular conference. Especially by day, the resort was practically deserted since most guests were participating in the conference, so I felt like I had the place to myself.
We asked for a quiet room and were given a nice room overlooking a lagoon populated with black and white swans, ducks, and geese, all very amusing to watch throughout the day from the balcony. The room was in great condition, with a nice size bathroom with granite finishes. The housekeeping staff were extraordinary. No complaints whatsoever with the room.
The restaurants and the gift/sundries shop were pretty expensive. I enjoyed the Fisherman's Landing restaurant, but I think the Rockwood Grill needs to train their staff a little better in customer service. The good news, for those of you willing to drive across the street, there is a large and very well stocked grocery store where you can pick up a fresh salad bar and hot foods, which is what I did a lot here. They also have a well priced selection of wine and liquor.
In summary, I recommend this hotel for individuals or families looking for an upscale desert resort. The staff are all SO nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to your go-to desert playground at JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa. From the moment you approach the palm-lined path leading to our resort in Palm Desert, California, the excitement begins. Our hotel near Palm Springs has it all, including an active lobby complete with gondolas and meandering waterways, six restaurants serving everything from fresh sushi to locally sourced culinary delights, two championship golf courses, and spacious guest rooms. After an exhilarating day of playing and exploring, you may recharge at Spa Desert Springs, or soak up the sun at any of our four pools with gorgeous views of the nearby mountains. Adding to your options are an onsite fitness center, extensive tennis center and volleyball courts, and a nearby jogging path. JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa also features 210,000 square feet of dazzling event space for weddings and conferences. Play in style, experience our resort today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Springs Jw Marriott Resort And Spa
- Desert Springs Jw Marriott Hotel Palm Desert
- Jw Marriott Palm Desert
- Marriott Palm Desert
- Palm Desert Marriott
- Jw Marriott Desert Springs