I stayed her Sept 29-Oct 2. The main building is under renovation!!! I asked upon check in for a quite room. That is always my only request. Hotels have my "loyalty" account number before I even check in so they know my preferences. The very nice reception person put me in room 8140. She told me that this room had been renovated and had the new wi-fi. It's right in the main building (with the bar). I asked if I would be hearing bar noise and she assured me that I wouldn't. So I headed upstairs sort of excited to be in one of the new rooms. The room was nice and the bath was great. I love a separate tub & shower. All was fine until bedtime. This was a working trip so I headed to bed around 10:30. I will spare the details, but the bar noise kept meup until approx 12:30. I was not happy. Especially since I specifically asked about. But I slept well after that. Until morning...when I was awoken by hammering and drilling. It was enough to wake me up but not horrible. Sounded like they were hanging pictures in the room next door. Went on like that for a bit and then the REAL construction started. OMG---total construction noise in my room. I called down and asked to be switched. They told me that they were full but would see what they could do. I went down to complain after I was dressed. They moved me.
Now I was in room 7091. Loved it! Very large room with huge bath and walk in closet! I actually didn't need all this room. I only cared about quite. And I got that. I never heard anything. (Except a couple fighting as they walked back to their room one night--it was brief.)
I received mutliple calls making sure that I was okay in my new room. They even offered to change me to a quieter room if I preferred. I was very happy so didn't move again.
My family joined me on this trip. The hotel turned on the tennis court lights on for my daughter at 9:00 at night. That was terrific.
Beds were comfortable. (They tell you doubles are oversized and more like queens...they are the size of a double bed.) A/C seemed to not work on the control in the rooms. Both rooms never quite cooled down well even though the fan stopped blowing like it had reached temperature. But it was 103 outside so that may have been an issue. Bathroom was great, including lighting.
I've stayed here before...and I would stay again. Just not in the main building!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to your go-to desert playground at JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa. From the moment you approach the palm-lined path leading to our resort in Palm Desert, California, the excitement begins. Our hotel near Palm Springs has it all, including an active lobby complete with gondolas and meandering waterways, six restaurants serving everything from fresh sushi to locally sourced culinary delights, two championship golf courses, and spacious guest rooms. After an exhilarating day of playing and exploring, you may recharge at Spa Desert Springs, or soak up the sun at any of our four pools with gorgeous views of the nearby mountains. Adding to your options are an onsite fitness center, extensive tennis center and volleyball courts, and a nearby jogging path. JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa also features 210,000 square feet of dazzling event space for weddings and conferences. Play in style, experience our resort today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Springs Jw Marriott Hotel Palm Desert
- Desert Springs Jw Marriott Resort And Spa
- Jw Marriott Palm Desert
- Marriott Palm Desert
- Palm Desert Marriott
- Jw Marriott Desert Springs