Beautiful property! We stayed at the Marriott Villas I and II over Labor Day weekend and really enjoyed our stay.
If you have a choice between Villas I (one) and Villas II (two), I'd recommend Villas II. It's a newer property and Jasmin court area is very nice. We couldn't book 2 rooms in Villas II, so 2 of us stayed in a 1-bedroom suite in a Jasmine court area of Villas II and the other 2 at a studio in Villas I. 1-bedroom suite was very nice with a great view of golf course, full kitchen, large bathroom and vanity area with a whirlpool tub and a nice dining area where we had breakfast every day. BBQ is available throughout the property, pool was large with tons of towels, nice restrooms, showers, steam room and a gym.
Villas ! studio was smaller, but seemed to be recently updated. WI-FI signal was very weak... our iPad only worked in one area, close to the front door; stronger signal would have been nice. The bathroom had a shower; vanity area outside the bathroom also had a whirlpool tub. Our suite also had a small balcony, which we never used since it was very hot during our stay.
When we booked this studio through the time share exchange website, we didn't realize that the room had two beds. When we got to the hotel and were told the room had 2 full-size beds, we tried to change to another room with a king bed, but were told that all studios in Villas I come with 2 beds. While that was clearly an inconvenience, it was partially our fault for not noticing what kind of room we got; and I have to admit that Marriott staff member did her best to help us out, but because this was a long weekend, no rooms were available through time share exchange service (interval). What was very strange about even attempting to make a change is that while the property is owned and operated by Marriott, they have no access to Interval room inventory and can not help their customers without getting Interval involved.
We also took advantage of Marriott Palm Desert Spa and had a lovely day relaxing by the pool. For $35/day, you get acces to all spa amenities for the entire day. The pool is nice and the views are amazing, you get iced water refilled every 20 or so minutes by very helpful attendants and you even get a water spray to keep yourself cool (it was 113F when we were there). If you book a service with the Spa, all of this is included and you don't have to pay extra $35. We had lunch there as well, and while choices were limited, food was good.
Great stay, we will be back... just maybe not when it's 113F:)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to your go-to desert playground. From the moment you approach the palm-lined path leading to JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa, the excitement begins. Our Palm Desert hotel has it all, including an active lobby complete with gondolas and meandering waterways, six restaurants serving everything from fresh sushi to locally sourced culinary delights, two championship golf courses, and spacious guest rooms. After an exhilarating day of playing and exploring, you may recharge at Spa Desert Springs, or soak up the sun at any of our four pools with gorgeous views of the nearby mountains. Adding to your options are an onsite fitness center, extensive tennis center and volleyball courts, and a nearby jogging path. Our JW Marriott also features 210,000 square feet of dazzling event space for weddings and conferences. Play in style, experience JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Springs Jw Marriott Resort And Spa
- Desert Springs Jw Marriott Hotel Palm Desert
- Jw Marriott Palm Desert
- Marriott Palm Desert
- Palm Desert Marriott
- Jw Marriott Desert Springs