“First Choice”

Residence Inn Palm Desert
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Palm Desert
Reviewed January 31, 2014

For years I have driven by this location on my way to my Time Share and golf outings in the Palm Desert area. I no longer have my Time Share so was in need of a place to stay while golfing in the area. My First Choice was this Residence Inn that I had been passing since it was built. I was amazed at the fine quality of the room and facility. The only draw back was the room was not available until 4:00 pm. Even though it was a bit more costly than another Inn that I stayed at during the Bob Hope Tournament, I would not hesitate to stay there in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank James L
Jackie H, Manager at Residence Inn Palm Desert, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Thank you for staying and sharing your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward in seeing you next time you are in the area.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We've all been to extended stay properties if we travel frequently but few of them are as memorable as this Residence Inn, located in the heart of scenic Palm Desert California. Jonathan K., the GM, has made this decades old property as if it were new, with excellent staff and wonderful amenities. From check-in to check-out the experience is wonderful; there is never an instance in which the staff does not respond quickly to a minor concern. In all, this is one of the best RI's in the country in my opinion and worth a look when in the Coachella Valley.

Room Tip: Look for upper lever building three or four for gold course views.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Jackie H, Manager at Residence Inn Palm Desert, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Thank you for staying and rating your stay. Our goal is to provide each guest with excellent service and I am proud to see that our staff met our and your expectations. We take pride in our General Manager as we are happy to be a part of his team. We look forward in seeing you next time you are in Palm Desert.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Residence Inn Palm Desert for 5 nights and enjoyed every night. The evening social Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday is a GREAT idea. We met some wonderful people and heard some great stories. The complimentary breakfast was very good. For a free breakfast I feel it is very generous. The staff was friendly and helpful. I like the room had a kitchenette. We could choose whether we wanted to eat in or dine out. I wish I had more time to enjoy all the amenities this hotel had to offer. I would stay at the Residence Inn Palm Desert again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
JohnathanKennedy, General Manager at Residence Inn Palm Desert, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience with Tripadvisor! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay in the desert. Thank you for staying with us! I hope you will come see us again soon!

Reviewed January 11, 2014

The hotel is located far enough away from the freeway and the railroad tracks to be one of the quietest places to stay in the area. We like the apartment style layout that avoids the double loaded corridors found in newer hotels. Our room faced the mountains, with a great morning view overlooking the golf course. Check in was fast and courteous and the buildings and grounds are clean and well maintained. Our only disappointment was that the carpets were not thoroughly vacuumed with bits of plastic and unmentionables on the floors. Worst yet the trash was not emptied, which led us to suspect that the dishes were probably only rinsed and replaced into the cabinets without much attention to housekeeping. We mentioned this to the desk clerk, who apologized as if it happens often and sent us on our way. That was a disappointment, but probably only a temporary oversight that the managers will look into (I hope).

Room Tip: A little hard to find the entrance for check in because it is not directly off Cook Street, so look...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank EAA-AV8R
JohnathanKennedy, General Manager at Residence Inn Palm Desert, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience from your stay. I apologize for the condition which you found your room. This is not acceptable to me or my department managers. I will also review this with the front desk as follow up should have happened with you. Thank you again for staying with us and providing your valued feedback. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Having stayed at many Residence Inns, this stay was up to par with what I expect from this brand. Received a room upgrade due to Rewards status which was cool. The only thing I hoped for was a balcony that gave me clear mountain views. Because this property only has 2 stories I didn't get that due to the trees. Unfortunately it was a bit chilly and due to a short trip I didn't utilize the pool or hottub :-(. Breakfast was as expected (waffles, muffins, cereal, eggs, sausage) and there was no evening reception since it was a weekend. There's an Applebee's across the parking lot which came in handy for dinner one night. My only complaint is that there needs to be better signage when entering the property since it is shared by the Courtyard brand also. Took me a minute to figure out which way to go and once I mentioned this inside I was told "we are always the pink buidings". Um, ok???

2  Thank JacksonzMom
JohnathanKennedy, General Manager at Residence Inn Palm Desert, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback and continued loyalty. We are looking into installing more directional signs for our guests’ convenience when navigating through both properties. We hope you have safe travels!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

This is a lovely hotel to stay in. The rooms were spotlessly clean - the view from the patio was great - easy access to bars and restaurants (if you have a car) - the staff were excellent - the communal PC was not working so they let us use the front desk one to print our tickets - the only downside to this was that the breakfast was cold. We went down at 8am and the sausage, eggs, and potatoes were all cold - if the hotel could resolve this issue I would have given it top marks

Room Tip: Our golf course view was lovely.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
JohnathanKennedy, General Manager at Residence Inn Palm Desert, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Thank you for staying with us in Palm Desert! I am so sorry about the breakfast; I will meet with the breakfast staff to ensure this issue is corrected. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed December 10, 2013

We are in the middle of a 9 day stay here at the Residence Inn Palm Desert. So far it has been pretty good. The room is nice, large, clean and quiet. We have a beautiful view of palms, flowers, the golf course and mountains in the distance. Staff are friendly and there are bunnies everywhere, which has been fun for our toddler to see. There are tennis courts, a pool and three hot tubs, laundry, a workout facility and grocery service all on-site. It is a good location, close to activities, restaurants, grocery, etc.
The only negatives are the pillows are kind of small and the bed isn't tremendously comfortable. Not bad, but not great either. Also, breakfast is pretty much the same thing every day. Scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes. I think they reused the leftovers to make a breakfast casserole one day that wasn't very good.
Other than that, we've been happy with our stay and love the area. We'd come again.

Room Tip: We asked for a west facing room and our happy with the view, distance and quietness of our building.
1  Thank JnKKMiller
JohnathanKennedy, General Manager at Residence Inn Palm Desert, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience! We hope you continue to enjoy the facility during the remainder of your stay. I am sorry to hear the bed was not to your liking; we routinely change out our mattresses when necessary. The breakfast selection is typically standard items however we will look into adding a few additional options. As a best practice we do not reuse items from the buffet as this would be a health concern. Thank you again for staying with us in Palm Desert!