“Nice stay”

Residence Inn Palm Desert
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Palm Desert
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Had a chance to stay a weekend here and had a pleasant time. The rooms and facilities were well kept and service was up to par. The breakfast had good variety and was an added bonus. For the price would recommend.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
JohnathanKennedy, General Manager at Residence Inn Palm Desert, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you for staying with us while you were in Palm Desert! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay was. We hope you will stay with us again when you are in the area! Have a great week!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We just got back from a 3rd visit this year already. Unfortunately, this time we were not able to take our visitors from Germany to Joshua Tree National Park due to the Government shut down.
Dear US Government - Open up our National Parks and National Forests again!!!
Back to the hotel review. My parents are Studio Suite 321 and we had 323 in Building 3. We have stayed in 321 back in April and back than we had mismatching night stands a strange looking dresser below the TV etc. This time was a nice suprise. All old furniture was gone and the remodel has been completed. New modern nightstands, dresser below the Flatscreen TV. Nice modern Paintings of Cactus flowers have been added over the bed and a small shelve and paintings above the sofa. New pillows on the sofa. Now the remodel looks complete and much nicer. Both suites had a nice view over the golf course next door and beautiful mountains. Watched 2 roadrummers from our balcony and 1 by the pool area. Everything was very clean and nice. We will stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: Building 2 and 3 upstairs looking towards the golf course are our prefered locations.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Munichchick
JohnathanKennedy, General Manager at Residence Inn Palm Desert, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Than you for staying with us again and giving us another chance to serve you. I do apologize for your previous stay as the renovation took longer than expected however all rooms have been completed since July. Hopefully the government will re-open the parks and you can come back for another visit. Thank you again for staying with us. We hope you have safe travels.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I consider several factors in choosing a hotel, then rating it afterwards. I also try and get hotels that have character or a feel for where we are, or the type of trip I am on. In other words, when in Prague, I don't want the Hilton.

Reviews by others are very important, and we do our homework. Also considered are location, price, breakfast, communication.

Comfort, lighting, bathroom space, water pressure...all things that make a stay or can ruin it.

Ok, so I read and reread all the reviews for a place to stay in the palm area for 1 night while exploring Joshua Tree and our first stop in the 'palm' cities. (OK, we have driven past for 30 years LA to PHX and have never stopped....). I am a faithful RI user but the reviews had me worried. I was afraid I would be disappointed. Well, taking a risk on a place that cost a lot more or a lot less with mixed reviews seemed just as risky. After a few weeks (:}) I decided to just go with the tried and true. I was prepared for the negatives but all I have to say is we were very pleased. It is actually one of the nicer RI's we have stayed in. The room was larger and more comfortable. We were placed just outside the pool with a private porch (didn't use), and downstairs for no luggage hauling. Night staff was friendly.
Location was on a main exit but way back. easy to find if you know what you are looking for (Applebees)
Room was very comfortable. Plenty of windows, light. Great kitchen to use although we didn't except fridge. Great shower, space, quiet. This set up had the sink outside the toilet area. I actually wondered if our room was handicapped access as it was so big, but It wasn't.

Breakfast is very important to me because I don't like looking for a place when we are short of time (going hiking early). The RI breakfast is always a winner for me and this was up to their high standards.
the pool (didn't use) and exercise area (didn't use) were small but adequate for a quick stop. If you want to hang at the pool and bask in the sun all day watching all the other folk, this may not be the place.
We weren't very impressed with city/area for hanging out, but if we ever have a reason to stay here again we would certainly come back here.

2  Thank bjsr

Thank you for staying with us while passing through Palm Desert! We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We hope to see you again soon in the near future!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stayed here from Friday to Monday. Accommodations were excellent...bed extremely comfortable, pillows too, plenty of parking. Charming property with lots of jack rabbits roaming around. Very tasty free breakfast with a variety of choices and pleasant setting. I'll visit this property again.

Room Tip: My room was overlooking a gorgeous golf course. Quiet and pleasant.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank TGAshley
JohnathanKennedy, General Manager at Residence Inn Palm Desert, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Palm Desert! I appreciate the feedback as it is our continuous goal to improve our service and product. I appreciate that you took the time to write about your experience and we hope to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Came in for an over nighted. We wanted a high room, but there are no elevators on this property. Go figure. They did upgrade us, which was nice and we got a 2 bedroom, corner room The room was clean and liked the colors they used. The kitchen is out dated, but we didn't need to use it. Room was by the tennis court and there were some high energy people playing well into the night. We had a decent breakfast. Would have given a 3.5.

Room Tip: Stay away from the tennis courts.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Palm Desert! I do apologize for any inconvenience there may have been with the noise levels. It is our goal to ensure all of guests have peaceful experience. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience and we hope to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

The hubs & I came here for a quick adults only vacation with another couple. I gotta say - this is probably the best hotel I've stayed at in the Palm Springs area. I absolutely love that this is an all suite property. The suites are spacious and have just about every amenity one would need, regardless of the duration of your stay. The suite was clean and I loved the modern furnishing. The bed was SOOO comfortable as were the pillows. I loved how we had about 6 pillows for the 2 of us. They must know us cuz we're huge pillow hogs! The bathroom was clean and roomy. I really appreciated the mirrors on the closet doors - helps when you're getting dressed.

Check-in was a breeze. We asked for rooms close together and near the pool - Candy had no problem accommodating our request - she put us right next to each other. We were directly in front of the pool. Love that we had a patio (2nd floor suites have a balcony) with direct access to the pool. We would walk out the patio door and in less than 10 steps were at the pool. Cannot beat that. Of course, we were at the pool more than our suite!

Additionally, you get an extensive breakfast every morning. It's not your typical continental breakfast - I'm talking fresh waffles, biscuits & gravy, fresh eggs, sausage links & patties, 4 different kinds of cereal, 4 kinds of juice, pastries, etc. That's a SPREAD and it's included! The lobby where breakfast is served has plenty of seating and a double sided fireplace - perfect for evening gatherings. There is large TV in that area, so the guys can watch football.

My ONLY issue is the sketchy Wi-Fi access. Yes, it's free, which it should be; however, it was very inconsistent. Because it's free, both the public & guests can access it and as a result, it was difficult to connect and to stay connected and when connected, it was slow. I ended up shutting off my Wi-Fi and going back to 3G on my iPhone just to do basic things. That was disappointing but not enough to stop me from returning.

Overall, 5 stars, for sure. We will absolutely be back!

1  Thank MissesJai
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We make this our regular overnight stop between Tucson and Northern California. The plan is very nice with a cluster of two story buildings on a park like campus. Service is excellent.
In the future we will ask what, if any, groups are staying there and are they near us. There was a large group of Asian (Korean?) teenagers in the hotel with rooms on both sides of us. They were good kids, but anytime you get 30 or 40 teenagers together overnight, it is going to be noisy and late. At 1 a.m. they were still talking loudly next door (not shouting, just teenagers).
The next morning we got to breakfast at the wrong time and found the food nearly gone and no seats available. The hotel responded as well as they could, cooking and bringing out food as fast as possible, but teenagers eat!
We will still select this as our hotel of choice in that area, just be cautious as to whom is in the room next door.

Room Tip: There are no elevators, so if you are taking in a lot of luggage, you may want to get a first floor...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family