“FANTASTIC STAY!!!!”

Residence Inn Palm Desert
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Palm Desert
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Family of 5 just getting in from Grand Canyon, pit stop before Joshua Tree National Park the next day. I had requested a top floor, of the 2 floors and back of property for quiet. After dragging all our luggage upstairs (no elevator) searching for our room, we soon realized it was on the bottom floor. Went inside to unpack and were pleased with our room. VERY happy to report it was super quiet, never heard a neighbor except shower time in morning, which was no big deal. No noise to the side or above, very very quiet!! Lots and lots of bunnies running around on property which humored us all. Loved having a roadrunner on our patio both in the evening as well as next morning. It was a great nights sleep, laundry room was utilized and much appreciated having more than 1 machine as a few of us had laundry on our minds, great breakfast and a great place to stay. Rooms appeared updated, very clean and had absolutely no complaints! Tried to save a few dollars and even cooked dinner and everything we needed was supplied. Loved having the room to spread out btwn the 5 of us, and 2 bathrooms was wonderful! Would stay here again in a heartbeat, wish we could have stayed more than 1 night as area is gorgeous, grounds are immaculate!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Julie N

Reviewed June 13, 2013

It is a nice looking hotel and it is obvious that they try to keep things up to date. Nice large flat screen TVs and modern functional furniture. However, there were a few things that still need to be addressed. The bed feels like you are falling into a soft sponge. I think the mattress actually flattened to the point where my back was touching the box spring. We tried the hot tub/pool at night after visiting the Palm Springs Street fair. There were no lights in the main pool at night which seemed odd. One hot tub had no heat, and the water was cooler than the main pool. The other hot tub was at least 106 degrees so it was hard to stay in it more than a few minutes. The breakfast was well run and much cleaner and well maintain when compared to other hotels. But we didn't find the food very appetizing. The waffle was the high point. Overall, if it wasn't for the bed, I would consider staying again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank HubbyChubby
Reviewed May 31, 2013

What pet-friendly translates to is do not stay here if you have allergies or dislike fleas.

Overall, this is a pretty nice hotel. There's a golf course behind it, if you can call that a view. The pool feels amazing any time of day. The laundry room is cheaper than most laundromats. There are grills near the front for bbq-ing and a weeknight "social hour" that serves decent dinner & free beer. The bed is pretty comfortable and the A/C is amazing. The staff is pleasant. The guests themselves have all been quite friendly, too.

Definitely a bug issue in building 2. I've seen two types of flies, found some fleas, and the room across the hall has an ant problem.

Would I stay here again? If the price was right, maybe.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank ambreezy20
Reviewed May 28, 2013

In town for the long Memorial weekend (4days). This is set up is more like a townhouse or apartment complex where you are in different buildings. We were in building 2 on the 2nd floor. This was an ideal location across the street from the main lobby and breakfast area. note: if you park after 9:00pm, the closer spots are gone so prepare to park far and walk. We checked in and the staff was friendly and got us checked-in lickity split. The room has been updated with nicer furniture. Otherwise it is a standard residence inn with a kitchenette. The bed was average at best. I have two complaints: the bathroom toilet made a weird whistling sound every time it flushed and the tub stopper was completely broken so a bath was not an option. Number 2, our last day, I noticed small bugs in the kitchen and bathroom. Now I am from the South and use to bugs, but these were a bit concerning. I plan to unpack my luggage in a common area before I bring my luggage back in my home to be sure they did not crawl in to my luggage and fly back with me. So in short, this Marriott family outpost is off my list. It is ideal for large groups and families and need it to be cheap and convenient from I-10 and the main drag of town, but the bugs got to me. When I return to the desert area, I will save my pennies for the JW Marriott to avoid the creepy crawlies. I guess I got what I paid for.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kimborkr
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had 3 ladies in our room in Palm Desert for a golf weekend. We were pleasantly surprised that there were 3 beds and a pullout. Web site says 2 beds. So, our third person did not have to sleep oon the pull out! room looked recently updated. Bed was comfortable but the heavy comforter was just too much. Could have used a blanket instead. I suppose I could have asked for one the second night but they should have them in the room. No hair dryer so bring your own. Breakfast was ok. Typical hotel fare. We didn't use the pool or hot tub so can't comment on that.
All in all a very decent stay. Would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Spent one week with the family in the two-bedroom suites. They are clean, comfortable with all of the amenities one would need. The property is very well maintained, which is true of Palm Desert in general and the staff wonderful and the customer service very professional. Tennis courts, a beautiful pool, actually two as guest are allowed to use the sister property of the Marriott Courtyard's pool also. This was very convenient as it made each pool seem less crowded. In the three times I have stayed here, I have found it to be very consistent and the breakfast buffet quite extensive. A perfect place for a family reunion and a get away any time of the year.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This property is an average place for a single night stay, but I wouldn't extend it any longer than that. The property is very dated and in need of repair. Part of the exterior door was falling apart and the interior decor and furnishings are in need of rehab. When I brought the need for repairs to the front desk's attention, they acted somewhat offended and surprised. I took a picture (attached) of the falling apart door and shared this with them. There was another door in the same building in the same condition.

Otherwise, the place did the trick for a night and the size of our party, but I might seek other places in the future until this place gets a little updating...and general maintenance.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends