Residence Inn Palm Desert
$81
$111
$99
The Westin Desert Willow Villas(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$159
$139
  • Pool
Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$83
$80
Hampton.com
Best Western Plus Palm Desert Resort(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$90
$87
Agoda.com
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$129
  • Pool
Marriott's Shadow Ridge II- The Enclaves(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$109
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$119
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$189
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
$109
All reviewsgolf coursetennis courtsbeer and wineseveral buildingssocial hourfree breakfastbedroom suitepalm springsfull kitchenfire pitbreakfast arealarge tvcook stnice patioralph's grocery storelaundry roomsitting area
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We just spent 1 nigth at the Residence Inn Palm Desert. We are an adult couple and I was looking for a casual hotel for a weekend in the desert visiting Joshua Tree National Park and dining at El Paseo. I am a Marriott Silver Elite Member and used a rewards night for this stay. We have spent time at the JW Marriott Desert Hot Springs and the Desert Villas Timeshare resort many times in the past. The Residence Inn is just down the Street from the JW Marriott and a short easy drive for a evening bar visit there. I had requested a Studio unit upstairs overlooking the golf course and this is exactly what we got. The check-in and out both were very friendly, quick and efficient. Our Studio unit was in Building 3 unit# 321 with a nice view of the golf course and the mountains in the distance. This was a corner location and it was very quiet and peaceful. It was nice having the well stocked kitchenette and good size fridge. Bed was comfortable, nice large LG Flatscreen TV and good size Studio room overall. The bathroom was just basic but had everything needed and worked well. Same showerhead as in JW or Marquis Marriott. Overall the furniture was modern and updated, stylish lighting fixtures and sheer curtains, nice accent colors on the walls. But there were a few mismatching furniture pieces that should be changed out with something matching. The hotel has very nice landscaping that makes it feel like a resort. The pool area is medium size but very nice with good looking brown/turquoise patio furniture and umbrellas, 3 jacuzzi tubs and a lagoon style pool that was perfectly heated. We did not get chilled going into the pool at all and had a few nice hours there after the National Park. Lots of Palm Trees and pretty Mesquite trees surround the pool. It feels like a getaway. The included breakfast buffett was good and there are lots of nice areas to sit inside or outside with modern outdoor furniture and an gas fire pit for the evening to sit around. This hotel is really a good option for Palm Desert without the high price tag some of the larger resorts come with and is in the perfect location. We are already planing another 1 night weekend stay here in a few month. This hotel is also pet friendly. Highly recommend Piero's Pizzavino on El Paseo for fantastic real Napoli Pizza.

Room Tip: Building 3 and 4 are in the nicest area unless you get a room overlooking the parking area. Building 6 is nice for someone that likes to be right by the pool and overlooks the tropical landscaping there. Again make sure you ask for room not overlooking the parking areas or tennis courts. The AC in our room was not working very well but you can open the window and patio door this time of year for cooler air. Would be a big problem when it get's hot. I noted it on my guest card and hope they will fix it for the next guest.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Munichchick
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed our week long stay at the Residence Inn. Our room was very clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. Our room included a small kitchenette and patio. There was a large barbeque/eating area close to the pool area which was very handy for families and large groups. Our room was tastefully decorated and I did not mind the "mismatched" furniture in the bedroom area that other reviewers were so disappointed in. In fact, the different styles of furniture added to the eclectic feel of the room.
I can't say enough about the housekeeping service. One evening we ate in and I did not wash the dishes that evening and planned to do so later the next day after we returned from our hiking trip. When I returned, all of the dishes had been washed and put away!
The hotel was very quiet in the evenings. People who stay here tend to be families, business people, or older vacationers. We spent several pleasant evenings sitting on our patio drinking a glass of wine enjoying the peace and quiet.
The hotel is also conveniently located several long blocks just off the I10, which made it easy to access many areas outside of Palm Springs. There are also many fine restaurants and a small shopping mall close by.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cfieldguide
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed here for only 1 night. but what a great value. This unit had everything. Complete kitchen, which included refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave oven, cook top and kitchenware for 4 people.
We only stayed for 1 night, but this was a mini apartment. You can easily live here for weeks without needing anything. They include a complimentary breakfast. The pool is great. Tennis courts and basketball courts. Markets are in walking distance.

I highly recommend this location if you are planning a vacation to Palm Desert CA.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed for one week as a part of a Westjet Vacation Package and we were not sure of what we would find. A long way from Palm Springs Airport, but the rental car agency gave us great directions and it was easy, Ramon Drive, Highway 10 East, Cook St, Frank Sinatra Drive and there it is. Applebees Restaurant is at the corner of the property.
We were given a studio unit overlooking the golf course next door. Room was clean and well furnished with a large sofa, desk and chair, large flat tv, a king bed with an excellent mattress, sheets, pillows and coverlet. The sink is outside of the shower/tub/toilet bathroom, which is always a plus. The kitchenette is well equipped with coffee maker, microwave, dishwasher, two burner electric top, and all the dishes and tools one would need. The refrigerator made ice. The air conditioning worked well in the week of 96 degrees and up temperatures during our stay.
Breakfast was provided in the main lodge, and absolutely well prepared and displayed for all guests. Great selections of hot and cold foods, drinks, etc. Free daily papers, and a computer and printer for boarding passes, with free wifi in the lobby and in our room.
The staff at the desk and the cleaning staff were all friendly and eager to help out with information and suggestions for restaurants and places to visit. The pool and two hottubs are delightfully clean and a great resting place between drives to the casino, Macys, theatres, etc.
Palm Springs is still the magnet, but Palm Desert is so much more attractive.
We are highly supportive of this accommodation for couples and families.
My only complaint, minor, is that the wifi connection must be made daily by the guest.

Room Tip: Ask for a unit away from Cook Street and overlooking the golf course
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gpstevens
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Hotel was not great and was not bad. Just average. It seems like part of the hotel room seems upgraded and part of the furniture needs upgrades. There are a lot of guests that have dogs. I'm not a huge dog lover but I just do not one sleeping in the bed the night before I get there. I can say that the place is quiet, the service at the breakfast area is great and the food is great. If I have to go back to the desert, I will most likely choose the Courtyard.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business