We had stayed at a Residence Inn in Fullerton CA in Sept 2012 and enjoyed that stay. When we booked in Palm Dessert we expected similar facilities/service.
We stayed at a 2 bedroom unit with a kitchen. Check in was no issues.
We had our first issue when we reached the room; light outside the room was not working. First impression inside was ok. The rooms are decently sized, carpets looked clean. There’s was a nice balcony with 4 chairs.
Day 1: Within the first few mins of being in the room we started noticing “issues”;
Kitchen is dated – old appliances, old cabinets, super noisy dishwasher, fridge had a door shelf part broken; For the price of over $200 I expected a more updated room; I could ignore that one. It's not the dated setup that got me to knock down the rating to poor.
As we started unpacking I pulled out the glasses. Glasses in the kitchen were dirty! Yuck. We could see previous use lipstick stains on the wine glasses and cloudy film on the water glasses (I have photo’s). Wanted to wash them to use but there was no hand washing dish soap in the kitchen. Called the front desk and told them of the dirty glasses, missing hand dish soap, broken fridge part and the non-working outside light. Got a “sorry” for dirty glasses and a promise to have some sent out to fix. Someone showed up to fix the outside light, broken fridge part within the hour and also got our hand dish soap.
Bedroom number 2 -there was only 1 soap between the sink and shower.. really?
Body lotion bottle was used
Multiple TV channels not working – some work in one room but not other (there were 3 TV’s in the unit)
Day 2 morning I filled out the “How can we make your stay better” card and handed it to the front desk. Noted on the card was to provide separate bath/sink soap, unused body lotions/shampoo/conditioner, fix the TV channels and provide clean silverware and glasses for use.
After we came back in the evening – more soap in bathroom – yeah! TV channels looked like there had been some attempt to fix but still an issue – work in one room not in other and some didn’t work at all (no signal). There were 3 bottles of hand dish soap but now the automatic dish wash soap was missing. There were no kitchen towels anymore; the ones provided on day 1 were gone. Also gone were wash cloths in the bathrooms (they were there day 1). This time one of us went down to the lobby and got the kitchen towels, wash cloths. Asked to speak to the manager but was told he is not always on site and we will need to reach out separately.
Walls are paper thin – you can hear people talking next door and their shower was loud enough to wake up a light sleeper.
One thing we enjoyed on the grounds - They have tennis and basketball courts and provide equipment to borrow.
They could do better with the equipment though - One of the rackets hand the handle cover peeling off and there was a previous failed attempt to put tape on it. You have to get someone from the Lobby to turn on the lights after dark. We enjoyed using the courts.
This place is pet friendly so great for folks who travel with pets (we don't). But folks don't seem to clean up after their pets - there was plenty of "mess" we could see around the property grass areas and along walkways.
Breakfast – pretty much same everyday. Scrambled eggs, No choice of bread – only wheat bread; English muffin, 2 types of muffins/cakes (looked same every day for the 3 mornings we were there), waffle maker, couple of cereals, potatoes, coffee tea.
I was surprised after handing in my feedback card with what they could do better and bringing their attention to missing essentials, no one followed up later in the stay to see how it was going. We take 3 - 4 trips during the year so have stayed in a variety of hotels, motels, timeshare condos, extended stay hotels; I don’t remember ever having so many issues with basic housekeeping and maintenance. I would hesitate to stay at any Residence Inn property after this experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 350 sunny days a year, guests at our Palm Desert hotel enjoy stunning views of the Santa Rosa Mountains and outdoor activities like golf (over 30 courses) or tennis (over 150 courts) all year long. Shop at over 1,050 retail establishments, venture to several premiere casinos, or take the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway up to Mt. San Jacinto. Our property specializes in extended stays, so you can expect finding home comforts, including a fully equipped kitchen, spas, complimentary buffet breakfast and evening social receptions. Leave your grocery list at the front desk and come back to a fully stocked kitchen at night at our suites in Palm Desert, California. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Palm Desert reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Palm Desert Hotel Palm Desert
- Palm Desert Residence Inn